PDA

View Full Version : Potential bore-fests

Bill Brasky
04-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Week 11, Monday Night: Cleveland Browns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cle/) @ Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/)
Suck Probability: 56%
The Browns have five games on in primetime, and I'm not upset about that, but I don't see it as a lock that they're going to be as good as they were last year. Derek Anderson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7389/)'s play declined as the season went on, as if defenses had figured something out about him. I'm not predicting they'll be bad, but it's possible. And the Bills ... well, they're the Bills.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-potential-late-season-eyesores;_ylt=At07hWdLLxr298hTsDLp0uNDubYF?urn=nfl,76925

---------

I like to hold off on opinion until after camps, but I think this will be one of the better games of the season, if both live up to potential

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
If nothing else, we will have plenty of drinking time before the game.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
actually, I think that one does have the potential to be a bore fest. Their strength is O and ours is D so one of two things will happen: their O will prove to be better than our D and our O will do nothing, so it will be a blowout. Or, our D will keep their O in check while our O does nothing, and it will be a grind-it-out low scoring game.

The only thing that will make it interesting is the crowd- Cleveland drunks vs Buffalo drunks. Always an interesting mix.

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
actually, I think that one does have the potential to be a bore fest. Their strength is O and ours is D so one of two things will happen: their O will prove to be better than our D and our O will do nothing, so it will be a blowout. Or, our D will keep their O in check while our O does nothing, and it will be a grind-it-out low scoring game.

The only thing that will make it interesting is the crowd- Cleveland drunks vs Buffalo drunks. Always an interesting mix. your one of those half empty guys arent you

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
dude we got another MNF game!!! who gives a ****?! go bills!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brasky
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
actually, I think that one does have the potential to be a bore fest. Their strength is O and ours is D

I still think it's way to early. Teams haven't even drafted yet. Guys could get injured in camps. Etc.

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
your one of those half empty guys arent you
ohh, you two havent been introduced? well!! Veggie meet Op. Op this is veggie.

seriously, Op, you ***** alot.

Bill Brasky
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
If nothing else, we will have plenty of drinking time before the game.

Should be a great "tyme"...

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM

seriously, Op, you ***** alot.

no ****- that's because this team loses a lot. When this team starts to win consistently, there won't be anything to ***** about.

VeggieMan14

seriously, Op, you ***** alot. lol

OpIv37
your one of those half empty guys arent you

I've been told that once or twice before....

YardRat
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Going to be a great game...Book it.

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Going to be a great game...Book it. especially if it snows like last time :rolleyes:

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
no ****- that's because this team loses a lot. When this team starts to win consistently, there won't be anything to ***** about.
i have a shiny nickel that says you will find something.

All I have to say is that next year i have a chance at the magic that is MNF, and I will go, cheer my frickin balls off and hope that the bills will stomp those flash in the pan losers , the browns, before the whole GD nation so that the world may see, what exactly we are. THE MUTHERFRICKIN BILLS!!!!!!

RockStar36
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I think it's going to be a great game. Especially for the minor rivalry that not everyone outside of this area sees.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
so that the world may see, what exactly we are. THE MUTHERFRICKIN BILLS!!!!!!

that's exactly what scares me- it seems the bigger the audience we have, the bigger the choke job- the SB's, the Music City Mirage, and a whole slew of night losses culminating with NE and Dallas last year (which are really the only relevant ones because it was pretty much the same team we have now).

I really just think this team is not used to playing on a national stage, and I have to wonder how many choke jobs it's going to take before they learn.

realdealryan
04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
It has the potential to be a good game. Two theoretically up and coming teams that have made free-agent acquisitions to improve (Cleveland lost their best corner, though, IIRC). It's the NFL, so the game could turn out crazy in one way or the other. Nobody though the Dallas game would be so close, so give us another prime timer.

PS Veggie- your (possessive) isn't the same as you're (you are)

YardRat
04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I could see this game being similar to the Cincinnati or Miami home games last year.

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
YOU cant undermine my optimism. A healthy defense and we are 10-6. yes we choked against Dallas, and the Pats destroyed us. I as a fan, have no reason at this point, to, take any of that into consideration until i see otherwise.

RockStar36
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
that's exactly what scares me- it seems the bigger the audience we have, the bigger the choke job- the SB's, the Music City Mirage, and a whole slew of night losses culminating with NE and Dallas last year (which are really the only relevant ones because it was pretty much the same team we have now).

I really just think this team is not used to playing on a national stage, and I have to wonder how many choke jobs it's going to take before they learn.

They learn from those games and grow as a team.

You can't judge what they are going to do in November when camp hasn't even started.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
YOU cant undermine my optimism. A healthy defense and we are 10-6. yes we choked against Dallas, and the Pats destroyed us. I as a fan, have no reason at this point, to, take any of that into consideration until i see otherwise.

wait, that's backwards- you're expecting the Bills to play BETTER than you've actually seen them play, rather than expecting them to play at the level at which they've ACTUALLY played? That makes absolutely no sense.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
They learn from those games and grow as a team.

You can't judge what they are going to do in November when camp hasn't even started.

well there's some truth in that.... but counting on them to win is counting on them to do something they have yet to prove they can do. It doesn't make sense.

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I billeive it is called FAITH.........

honestly, what do you think keeps me posting on boards like this in APRIL? FAITH my friend FAITH. We will be better.

RockStar36
04-15-2008, 09:27 PM
well there's some truth in that.... but counting on them to win is counting on them to do something they have yet to prove they can do. It doesn't make sense.

Besides some really obvious games I come into the season with hope that they win each week. And Cleveland doesn't overly impress me. I realize weather played a factor but they only won 8-0 last year. Who is to say what will happen this year. All I know if that you were afraid of a night game and this is one night game that I think they have a legitimate shot at winning. It isn't against NE, Seattle, or any other major powerhouse.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Besides some really obvious games I come into the season with hope that they win each week. And Cleveland doesn't overly impress me. I realize weather played a factor but they only won 8-0 last year. Who is to say what will happen this year. All I know if that you were afraid of a night game and this is one night game that I think they have a legitimate shot at winning. It isn't against NE, Seattle, or any other major powerhouse.

I'll agree that Cleveland's not exactly a juggernaut- they're becoming the new Bengals- they improve and get close but never really take that next step from "slightly above average" to "good." There are definitely worse teams we could have drawn on Monday night.

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
ALL we need now is for skooby to start a rep thread and this issue is in bed.....

madness
04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Props from a Patriots fan? :faint:

This is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. You have no idea how well a team is going to be, there is very rarely teams that are predicted to be good actually being good. Colts, Pats, Cowboys, and thats about it. Browns are gonna suck again, but look out for the Bills this season, Trent Edwards and Marshawn are gonna be a great pair and the injuries were the only things that kept them out of the playoffs. I'm telling you, easy division besides the Pats, wild card. And i'm a Pats fan.

All some other good comments...

The Browns and Bills game might be one of the best games in the season because both teams almost made the playoffs last year and they both did very well in free agency. This guy is nuts and i think he had to write an something to get paid so he made this piece of *****.

You're wrong about the Browns v. Bills Monday night game. Last year's MNF game against Dallas was probably the game of the year. Oh, and your analysis sucks. I feel like it was written by a fair weather football fan who likes whoever wins...let me guess...you were a Colts fan last year...and you're a Giants fan this year???

Voltron
04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
This one really pissed me off. How many seasons in a row does Buffalo have to have sell out crowds before we as fans get respect?

WEEK 5

Worst: Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=AmnuRD3v2Mqy7O6U06HUFy_sYNAF) at Arizona Cardinals (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari/;_ylt=Ao6fCLFY3xYPDAJkyMnMSG3sYNAF): This game has a strong chance to be an all-fraud game. Both teams have a good chance to enter this game 3-1, giving false hope to fans of both teams (not sure if there are enough left with either team to fill up a movie theater, combined). Truth is that both teams are at a crossroads at quarterback and could still be in the midst of figuring out who is the guy. Arizona is hoping Matt Leinart (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7759/;_ylt=An6_yQxKnPDS3XlQrf8DY9_sYNAF) steps to the front ahead of Kurt Warner (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4541/;_ylt=AiZrw1yF6fTq8Sz0QbDMmULsYNAF), but it’s hard to tell if Leinart really takes this football stuff seriously. The Bills think Trent Edwards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8346/;_ylt=AjCLq5tkx5dRMMDWYqMtBJHsYNAF) is the guy, but fellow youngster J.P. Losman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781/;_ylt=Atyk8yzd6qoK9uC7g3JbkW7sYNAF) still wants a shot.

Voltron
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I emailed the writer and asked if he even looked at attendance at the games or just threw a dart in the dark. I told him I thought it was the latter of the 2 because had he looked at the attendance numbers he would see that he was full of it.

trapezeus
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
we have one of the only teams who would get called out like this and have nothing to respond with.

This should be motivation for everyone on the team.