• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

"The NFL has completely screwed over the Buffalo Bills."

How important is the National Football League to the sporting world? Today is like a holiday in the US, as the League unveils its 2008 regular season schedule.

We knew a few games from week one going in: the Giants vs Redskins in the Thursday night opener, as well as the now-traditional Monday Night doubleheader to close the week. What we didn’t know was the rest.

The rest of the schedule was announced at 2 pm this afternoon, and if you heard a large amount of loud expletives from down the QEW, it’s because the NFL has completely screwed over the Buffalo Bills.

Stay informed on the latest happenings in Oakville, Burlington and Milton. Coverage of the events, people, and issues that matter most to you.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: "The NFL has completely screwed over the Buffalo Bills."

Can we lump this in the I pee in my 5th easiest schedule soup?? thx.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      • Jan 2004

So you buy into the whole "we have the 11th easiest schedule based on last year's opponents if you divide by 2 and subtract 4" crap. Come on man.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
        So you buy into the whole "we have the 11th easiest schedule based on last year's opponents if you divide by 2 and subtract 4" crap. Come on man.
        I see alot games we can win here, how about you?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

the most relevant part of that: the guy's not even a Bills fan and he sees it.

Obviously those of us who bleed Buffalo red and blue are going to be angry about it- we're not the most objective source. But here's a writer with no particular allegiance to the city or the team, and even he understands the problem with this. It's not just a bunch of bitter Bills fans- other people realize it too.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
            I see alot games we can win here, how about you?
            What does that have to do with the overall point of this article?

Originally posted by OpIv37
            the most relevant part of that: the guy's not even a Bills fan and he sees it.

Obviously those of us who bleed Buffalo red and blue are going to be angry about it- we're not the most objective source. But here's a writer with no particular allegiance to the city or the team, and even he understands the problem with this. It's not just a bunch of bitter Bills fans- other people realize it too.
            Pretty much...

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I certainly think of Miami as a huge rival game for the Bills. However, if memory serves, Buffalo has failed to sell out the Miami game for at least the last two years. "It's late in the season," you say. "The weather's bad." That may be true, but how often we lobbied to get Miami in Buffalo in December so the spoiled Miami players would have to play in a blizzard. We wanted Miami at home late, but didn't want to pay for tickets to sit in the stadium in terrible weather. So why wouldn't the league think this was a good game to move to Toronto where a sellout is guaranteed? The worst thing about it for me is the fact that Miami gets to come north in December and play indoors. Fortunately the away game versus Miami is late enough to avoid the very worst of South Florida's heat and humidity.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

So many people see it that it's ridiculous. The second I read my text message I got pissed and knew everyone would be. I think this is a major slap in the face.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  I certainly think of Miami as a huge rival game for the Bills. However, if memory serves, Buffalo has failed to sell out the Miami game for at least the last two years. "It's late in the season," you say. "The weather's bad." That may be true, but how often we lobbied to get Miami in Buffalo in December so the spoiled Miami players would have to play in a blizzard. We wanted Miami at home late, but didn't want to pay for tickets to sit in the stadium in terrible weather. So why wouldn't the league think this was a good game to move to Toronto where a sellout is guaranteed? The worst thing about it for me is the fact that Miami gets to come north in December and play indoors. Fortunately the away game versus Miami is late enough to avoid the very worst of South Florida's heat and humidity.
                  we didn't sell out in 06. I'm pretty sure we did sell it out in '07. I was there and it sure as hell didn't look like there were many empty seats.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Was this, i.e. games in Toronto being home games for the Bills, a surprise to anyone? Really? And the Miami games in Buffalo have needed extensions the past 2 years to ensure sellouts.

What's the reason for the outrage again?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                      Was this, i.e. games in Toronto being home games for the Bills, a surprise to anyone? Really? And the Miami games in Buffalo have needed extensions the past 2 years to ensure sellouts.

because the Dolphins are our big rival. Season ticket holders look forward to it EVERY year, even if the fair-weather fans don't want to fill the stadium. This is the one game that still matters no matter how bad we're doing.

To the fans who just go to a game or two a year, or just watch them on TV, it's no big deal. But to the hardcore fans who show up every game, every year- this is what they look forward to and it's a huge slap in the face to them.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

i wonder if the nfl gave the already completed schedule date wise to ralph and said pick a game for to. its difficult to work out the schedule so its not unheard of that perhaps the league preferred to set the dates before deciding on a game in to

heres the last half sched:

Sun. 11/2 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 11/9 @ New England Patriots 1:00 PM
                        Mon. 11/17 CLEVELAND BROWNS 8:30 PM
                        Sun. 11/23 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 11/30 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 12/7 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 12/14 @ New York Jets 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 12/21 @ Denver Broncos 1:00 PM
                        Sun. 12/28 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 PM

its reported that ralph didnt want to give to a 'bad' opponent and although miami is bad they have the advantage of being a rivalry that makes the game important regarless of records

so looking at this it appears miami is the most logical game to show in to is miami. the jets are too early, the browns are mnf, the niners are too bad and the pats are too late

not saying i like it cuz i dont but it does make sense if thats the way it went down
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal

Uhhh, just the usual suspects doing their normal crying, nothing new. Since I have been a member here the newer generation of Bills fans (mid 80's on) have downplayed the significance of the Miami rivalry saying that NE is now our biggest rival. Now that a Miami game is moved they justify their "outrage" and say it's our biggest rival, which is it ladies? Tampax anyone?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Uhhh, just the usual suspects doing their normal crying, nothing new. Since I have been a member here the newer generation of Bills fans (mid 80's on) have downplayed the significance of the Miami rivalry saying that NE is now our biggest rival. Now that a Miami game is moved they justify their "outrage" and say it's our biggest rival, which is it ladies? Tampax anyone?
                            where's your proof that the people who are complaining are the same ones who said NE was the bigger rivalry?

A lot of the season ticket holders here are old skool fans who will always consider the Fish our main rival.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              because the Dolphins are our big rival. Season ticket holders look forward to it EVERY year, even if the fair-weather fans don't want to fill the stadium. This is the one game that still matters no matter how bad we're doing.

To the fans who just go to a game or two a year, or just watch them on TV, it's no big deal. But to the hardcore fans who show up every game, every year- this is what they look forward to and it's a huge slap in the face to them.
                              So you are saying that despite not being able to sell out the Dolphins the last two years (businesses had to buy the remaining tickets in 2007), somehow the Dolphins are still the most important game to Bills fans???? Uhhhhh, okay.

PTR
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              4. All Religion should be taxed.
                              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                              6. F**k her gently.
                              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X