X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

For everyone upset about the Fins game

Where were all the die-hard Bills fans then?

It was only 6 months ago but how soon we forget. Dolphins in December? Our most hated traditional rival? Yawn! It's too cold. Let some other jamoke buy tickets. I'll watch it on TV!

The people who work for the Bills can't win. I can see them thinking "We had trouble selling the Dolphins game last year...let's move it to Toronto so the fans don't have to freeze watching some inept team!" Oh, but now according to these die hards this is the first sign of the apocalypse! "Fish in Toronto? Why not stick a dagger in my heart?!?!"

The hypocrisy, and downright insanity, on this board, and on WGR would be hilarious if it weren't so freakin' sad. Step off the ledge and take a good look at this schedule. This is one of the best schedules we've had in years. We're poised for the playoffs. But Woe-is-Me Buffalo has to find the cloud in the silver lining to prove the world is against them.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: For everyone upset about the Fins game

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

It was only 6 months ago but how soon we forget. Dolphins in December? Our most hated traditional rival? Yawn! It's too cold. Let some other jamoke buy tickets. I'll watch it on TV!

The people who work for the Bills can't win. I can see them thinking "We had trouble selling the Dolphins game last year...let's move it to Toronto so the fans don't have to freeze watching some inept team!" Oh, but now according to these die hards this is the first sign of the apocalypse! "Fish in Toronto? Why not stick a dagger in my heart?!?!"

The hypocrisy, and downright insanity, on this board, and on WGR would be hilarious if it weren't so freakin' sad. Step off the ledge and take a good look at this schedule. This is one of the best schedules we've had in years. We're poised for the playoffs. But Woe-is-Me Buffalo has to find the cloud in the silver lining to prove the world is against them.

PTR

The Truth is Here.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
      • Aug 2005

I have to say that I am a little pissed because I am a season ticket holder and look forward to the fin game every year, but I also can see what you are saying about the people that didn't want to shell out the money for tix back then. For the true die-hards this is kind of a slap in the face. This is my fourth year with season tix and I drive 4 hours each way to watch my favorite thing in the whole world. I should at very least get to see them play their biggest rival. I don't care if both teams blow every year, I still want to be at the Bills Dolphins game.

I am only 24 so I am a newer generation of Bills fan, but the first game I ever went to was against the Dolphins and it made me a Bills fan from there on out. You can say that we are *****ing too much about this, but send the 49ers or someone like that up there. I want to hear one good reason that the Dolphins should be going instead of aa team like the 49ers.

With that said I will always support my Bills no matter what and I cant wait til September 7th to see the Bills kick some Seahawk a**!
      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

PTR
        What a Tard he posts a link on how the game sold out....

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Great post, Promo!
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Great posting Promo

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

no offense, but if anyone got screwed over it's the New Orleans Saints. Check out their schedule and get back to me. Especially when you factor in everything that's happened the last couple of years.

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

I was at the game...
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  What a Tard he posts a link on how the game sold out....
                  Only after Frey Electric bought the last 1,000 tickets. I guess the die-hard Bills fan Dolphin-haters were so pumped for the game they forget to buy a ticket. You know, you miss a lot when you can't read.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Only after Frey Electric bought the last 1,000 tickets. I guess the die-hard Bills fan Dolphin-haters were so pumped for the game they forget to buy a ticket. You know, you miss a lot when you can't read.

PTR
                    Its like that for many games and has been for decades, and in many other cities as well. What is your point? Local businesses buying a 1000 tickets to sell out a game is commonplace. This thread is ******ed.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Its like that for many games and has been for decades, and in many other cities as well. What is your point? Local businesses buying a 1000 tickets to sell out a game is commonplace. This thread is ******ed.
                      You need to get out of town once in a while! Needing businesses to sell out your games is NOT what happens in most NFL cities! In most cities NFL tickets are like gold and they have no problem selling. (Try getting a ticket in New England, Green Bay, Washington, Pittsburgh, KC, etc. etc.) The exceptions being Jacksonville, Phoenix, and Buffalo. So no, it's not commonplace, it's a shame.

PTR
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

You need to get out of town once in a while! Needing businesses to sell out your games is NOT what happens in most NFL cities! In most cities NFL tickets are like gold and they have no problem selling. (Try getting a ticket in New England, Green Bay, Washington, Pittsburgh, KC, etc. etc.) The exceptions being Jacksonville, Phoenix, and Buffalo. So no, it's not commonplace, it's a shame.

PTR
                        Didnt say most cities and it has been going on in Buffalo for decades(even during superbowl runs). In all honesty if the game is a sellout who cares who bought the tickets. It is a worthless point and a worthless thread..

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

PTR
                          Funny, Buffalo doesn't support their team, but some how their attendance averaged out at 71,054, good for 9th in the NFL. Call me crazy, but that sounds pretty impressive for a "small market" team.
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                            no offense, but if anyone got screwed over it's the New Orleans Saints. Check out their schedule and get back to me. Especially when you factor in everything that's happened the last couple of years.
                            First off im sick of hearing how the saints got screwed. It was two years ago that happend i know the city hasnt rebuilt fully yet but the amount of publicity that city get and the poor saints. Chances are if that didnt happen the saints would be moving out of new orleans. I dont think any team should have to lose home games but all i keep hearing on all sports shows is about the saints. Fact remains it was a terible thing that happend but give it up and move on it was two years ago and i for one have donated and i know tons of other people have to help rebuild. I dont mean to sound like an A** im just sick of hearing about it.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
                              Funny, Buffalo doesn't support their team, but some how their attendance averaged out at 71,054, good for 9th in the NFL. Call me crazy, but that sounds pretty impressive for a "small market" team.
                              Very impressive for a city with an economy like Buffalo. But you have to admit that there are always a few games that don't sell, usually in December. And if those games do sell, it's because there are 10,000 fans from the other team (Pats?), or a local company like Frey steps in and buys them. That's something that rarely happens elsewhere.

Before this thread gets hijacked even more...the original point was that the Fins rivalry has faded, based on the failure to sell tickets in 06 and 07, so all the teeth-gnashing was silly.

PTR
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              6. F**k her gently.

Comment

Working...
                              X