PDA

View Full Version : Segregating people as Canadian or american is just wrong.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Anyone has a right to be a fan of the Bills and share our joy and our pains, even if they haven't lived every minute of them. It is really wrong to say that you hate someone for where they live, Canada, Ireland, Europe, Asia, Florida, it really doesn't matter. They are Bills fans like you and I, they share a common bond here. NorthernBillsfan is canadian, does that make him a bad person?? He is a friend to many of us here and is very fair to all, he does a great job.

When you point a finger at anyone and say that you hate them, it's actually yourself that is hated. The freedom to chose who to root for on sunday is not a right, it's a privelage. Enjoy everyday you have, all the time as a Bills fan. Share your love of the game with your children, let them understand that the Bills are important to you. There will come a day that those children may go on to actually be able to make a difference and help keep the Bills here. If you spread hate you'll give up what we all strive for everyday, to be alive.

Stop the hate, please.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I hate hate.

Meathead
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
i only hate red haired white males

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Exactly skoobs... we should be building up bills nation, not making it a super exclusive club. do teams like the sox, yanks, cowboys, unc or whatever try to keep all their fans local? nope. they have fans everywhere and thats most definitely helps to keep them on top of the sports world

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Exactly skoobs... we should be building up bills nation, not making it a super exclusive club. do teams like the sox, yanks, cowboys, unc or whatever try to keep all their fans local? nope. they have fans everywhere and thats most definitely helps to keep them on top of the sports world

Would you rather have a bicth fest or team support??

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2008, 07:34 AM
i only hate red haired white males

Gingers! sick!

OpIv37
04-16-2008, 07:43 AM

the main difference is that fans of those teams in other places aren't trying to move the team there. I have no problem with having fans north of the border- I do have a problem with them wanting to move our team up there. I'm sure not every Canadian Bills fan wants us in Toronto, but there are more than a few who do- and with these Toronto games, they're coming out of the woodwork.

That's where the animosity comes in. Generally, the more fans we have, the better. But you can't expect Bills fans to take it well when people from a larger city with more people and money start clamoring for our team.

ddaryl
04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
layoff the Gingers ... My In-laws are Irish :smile: I have 13 brother/sister-in laws... and of course my wife is a Ginger.

Hey Skoob nice post... even you can hit one once in awhile

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 08:04 AM
the main difference is that fans of those teams in other places aren't trying to move the team there. I have no problem with having fans north of the border- I do have a problem with them wanting to move our team up there. I'm sure not every Canadian Bills fan wants us in Toronto, but there are more than a few who do- and with these Toronto games, they're coming out of the woodwork.

That's where the animosity comes in. Generally, the more fans we have, the better. But you can't expect Bills fans to take it well when people from a larger city with more people and money start clamoring for our team.

I hope they clamor for it so much they buy all the luxury boxes up and help keep the team in Buffalo, that's the plan. There is even a good possibility that our season ticket base may go up quite abit and make a even better case to keep the team in Buffalo.

OpIv37
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I hope they clamor for it so much they buy all the luxury boxes up and help keep the team in Buffalo, that's the plan.

that's step 1.

Step 2 is "Hey Buffalo- demand for luxury boxes from Canadian fans has exceeded availability. You should build a bigger one- and the closer to Toronto it is, the more luxury boxes you'll sell."

Step 3 is a fleet of moving vans pulling up to One Bills Drive in the middle of the night.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Step 2 is "Hey Buffalo- demand for luxury boxes from Canadian fans has exceeded availability. You should build a bigger one- and the closer to Toronto it is, the more luxury boxes you'll sell.".
The fact that so many people are blind to realities like this is frightening.

They're looking at the short-term and failing to realize what's going to happen in the future... and when the sky falls 5 years down the road they'll all be standing in the middle of the freeway with a thumb up there ass going "i can't believe this happened"

I personally don't hate that people in other areas/countries want to jump on the bandwagon, but when they start tossing out the -- hey just move the team here it will be easier for us, piss on buffalo, they only carried a crap product for 48 years and now we'll reap the benefits -- I take exception to it.

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm with Op on this one. If we weren't worried about losing the Bills to Toronto, we'd all be very excited to see Toronto fans joining the Bills Nation.

It's like hanging out with some cool guy that your girlfriend knows from work. You're happy to have someone to drink beers with, but in the back of your mind you wonder why he's REALLY hanging around.