PDA

View Full Version : Lito Shephard?

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Is possibly available for a 2nd round pick--per Adam Schein on Sirius Blitz right now.

He's a 26 year old Pro Bowler, albeit with a bit of an injury history. That would add a veteran--but a young one--to our secondary, and provide more of an immediate impact than any CB we draft. It would give us a fantastic secondary, and leave us our 1st round pick to use or deal.

Sounds interesting to me, though I admittedly have no idea what the financial repercussions might be--he's apparently not very happy with his current long term contract with the Iggles and would probably demand a new one from whatever team he gets traded to (which we'd probably have to do in order to bring him in happy).

Thoughts?

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Here's an article discussing the Eagles possibility of trading Lito--from a Philly perspective:

http://www.thefootballwire.com/2008/04/philadelphia-eagles-somehow-still.html

It suggests that the price for Lito might be a little higher than Schein thinks, but who knows.

The last buffalo fan
04-16-2008, 10:39 AM
IMO we can't have that luxury, because I think we need more help on our DL and in the O side. Also injuries are a concern, let the Skins spend that money.

Mahdi
04-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I would give no more than a 4th. We need a WR, DE and TE more than CB.

hydro
04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I would much rather see a vet WR before a CB if we were interested in making trades.

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 10:42 AM
losing Clements didn't hurt us or at least I didn't notice any drop off , losing Pat Williams however ruined the entire D.

BigGabes23
04-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Yeah... I'm sure they would take that.... A fout rounder sounds fair for a Pro-Bowl CB in his mid 20's...

I was just about to post this topic. Swapping sports in the first plus maybe our 4th might land this guy. We would then have to pay him, which probably makes this deal unlikely.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/15/eagles.sheppard.ap/index.html

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM

I personally agree with your priorities above, but nonetheless there's a very good chance we take a CB at #11, per Chris Brown and any number of media outlets.

If we could make the money work, I'd rather have a Pro-Bowler that can upgrade us immediately and yet is young enough to help us for 4-5 years, than an unproven 1st round draft pick of any caliber.

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah... I'm sure they would take that.... A fout rounder sounds fair for a Pro-Bowl CB in his mid 20's...

I was just about to post this topic. Swapping sports in the first plus maybe our 4th might land this guy. We would then have to pay him, which probably makes this deal unlikely.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/15/eagles.sheppard.ap/index.html

That would be ideal, as we'd keep a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and could still grab the WR,TE and DE we need.

madness
04-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I love the idea of swapping 1st's and throwing in a day 2 pick. Picking a WR wouldn't be as bad as a reach and we get a CB that's ready to play.

I guess it all really depends on if Lito wants to be in Buffalo or not.

Ickybaluky
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I think Philly would love the idea of switching picks. They already have 11 picks in this draft, it isn't like they need to stockpile more. They probably want more quality, so a trade-up makes sense.

Also, the value of Sheppard has been set by the Hall deal: 2nd and 5th. Hall is 2 years younger and got a new deal. Sheppard will require a new deal, and his injury history hurts his value. Personally, I'd be surprised if they get more than a 2nd for him.

ddaryl
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM
The fact Lito wants a new deal pretty much tells me Buffalo doesn't want him

how to you give a significant raise to an injury plagued player.

Lito is signed to 2011... if he wants a new deal then stay on the field and get back to the probowl., otherwise you shouldn't have signed a deal that isn't up until 2011.

If it takes a 2nd rd pick and he agrees to playout his deal then maybe, but I see a holdout malcontent here, and i defintely don't see the Bills extending him a 50 mil deal.

Marvelous
04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
4th