PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Kelly runs 4.65 at pro day today......

streetkings01
04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
According to Gil Brandt of sirius radio. Says that the only teams that were there were the Giants and Packers. With all the crying about running on field turf, he shaves .05 secs of his 40 time on a track that is considered fast. I'll still take him the second round since he should be available!

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I wonder who he's going to blame this time.

Mitchy moo
Well, that should about seal him up for somewhere in the second round.

Mr. Miyagi
I have completely fallen off his bandwagon. I just can't stomach all that whining and me-me-me crap.

patmoran2006
He wont be there at pick 42 I can guarentee it.

Bulldog
04-16-2008, 11:40 AM
He wont be there at pick 42 I can guarentee it.

Good. Dude has bust written all over him. From the slow 40 time, to the carppy attitude, I'll take my chances with someone else.

streetkings01
04-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Good. Dude has bust written all over him. From the slow 40 time, to the carppy attitude, I'll take my chances with someone else.I'll take him the 2nd rd.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Where does this crappy attitude stuff come from? lol

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
My family lost millions thanks to my time, me me me. It's everyone's fault but me. The school switched the track......... I can't catch a break...

He needs to realize that catching a football for a living is catching a break but until that day comes, he has red flag written all over him for avoiding him in the 1st round. As per getting him clean in the 2nd round without having to trade up or losing any other picks, that would be fine if we didn't draft a WR with our 1st round pick.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
My family lost millions thanks to my time, me me me. It's everyone's fault but me.

i agree that he shouldnt have deflected the blame from himself, but he DID lose millions! I'd be furious. He was reported to have great character before he pointed the blame for his 40 time on others, and I would still take him in the 2nd for sure.

Night Train
04-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm sure the Bills will look at him closely if he's still there in round 2, despite all the roller coaster of emotion seen here the last 2 weeks regarding his status.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
My family lost millions thanks to my time, me me me. It's everyone's fault but me. The school switched the track......... I can't catch a break...

He needs to realize that catching a football for a living is catching a break but until that day comes, he has red flag written all over him for avoiding him in the 1st round.watch what you'll say because if the Bills draft him you'll be changing your tune like you read about..

Tatonka
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
i know.. i cant believe that right after the kid lost several million dollars in nfl contract money due to running poorly that he had the nerve to get upset and vent a little bit.

he is the only one that has ever done that. none of us fans ever have.. that is for sure! what a total piece of **** he is. seriously.

i bet he is an UDFA now. that is what he should be. I mean speed is all that counts as a WR.. not hands or route running or size.. if you have speed in the nfl, you dominate, because most cornerbacks get smoked by track star wrs.

and i cant believe up until his pro day when he showed he true character, that people widely believed that he was a high character individual. All that charity work and stuff was all bull****. it was a front to hide the real kelly.

**** that kid. he has no future in the nfl for SURE!

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM

I didn't like the whining, crying and blaming after his first slow speed. The speed did not bother me, his attitude was annoying as hell.

madness
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
This has Marshawn Lynch 2007 written all over it. The guy trains on a specific surface for how long and then finds out the same day he's supposed to run that has been changed. I'd be a little pissed too.

Yes, he obviously let it get to him a little too much but he more or less apologized after the fact.

Like it or not, the NFL draft to these kids is all about ME. It's their time to shine and they know it. They also know they're a product and they're doing everything they can to sell themselves.

The guy is already a decent route runner, knows how to use his size to his advantage and has the best hands in college football. To label him a bust because of this one incident is a bit premature.

Night Train
04-16-2008, 12:00 PM
4.65 is the exact time Jerry Rice had, coming out of Miss. Valley. I still have the draft guide buried somewhere and never forgot that.

The Bills know he can get open and will make a decision based on health, his actual attitude (it's probably fine) and how he looks on game film.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Marshawn has never been a me guy.

blackonyx89
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Good. Dude has bust written all over him. From the slow 40 time, to the carppy attitude, I'll take my chances with someone else.

And now it's obvious, Sweed or Thomas? Go with Sweed!

:bandwagon

Bulldog
04-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Maybe the fact that he cried like a baby because Oklahoma switched the surcface on him. Gave the whole "This is about my family" crap. Newsflash : there isn't one stadium in the NFL that uses astroturf any more, so why is it a big deal that he had to run on fieldturf? Instead of saying something like "I didn't run well and look forward to proving myself at a later date", he chose to blame everyone else. If that doesn't tell you that he's a "me" guy, I don't know what does.

Mr. Miyagi
I'll take him in the 2nd if he's there, but no way he's getting 1st round money.

Mitchy moo
watch what you'll say because if the Bills draft him you'll be changing your tune like you read about..

I hope your right if we do draft him, I really do. Pat, I am not in competition with you and I really enjoy alot of what you post. You really need to chill out and lighten up, for real. Everything is cool, we have a easier schedule this year and with a few new boys on the team we should have alot better record. Relax man, I will not fight you for there is no need.

BAM
I'd be happy to get the guy! I think he'll be good. And I'm not totally turned off by his attitude..

Besides... people can change. Look at Randy Moss... and even T.O. to an extent.

madness
Marshawn has never been a me guy.

Exactly, but people swore up and down that he was.

Bill Brasky
Most, if not all, athletes are overgrown, spoiled cry babies. He just voices his opinion instead of the other guys who give canned answers. I guess this makes him a bad guy in Bills nation, instead of a guy like, oh let's say, Willis McGahee who apparently loved it here when he was drafted according to his comments.

Also, his 40 time was like, .4 seconds worse than everyone else. He's def a bust!

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Exactly, but people swore up and down that he was.
But Marshawn never made excuses and blamed everyone else but himself and whined about dropping in the draft. He was always very supportive towards even his "rival" draftee Adrian Peterson. Never a negative word out of his mouth.

Then there's Malcolm Kelly.

madness
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
But Marshawn never made excuses and blamed everyone else but himself and whined about dropping in the draft. He was always very supportive towards even his "rival" draftee Adrian Peterson. Never a negative word out of his mouth.

Then there's Malcolm Kelly.

Not everyone can have elite character like Marshawn. He's the exception, not the norm.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Not everyone can have elite character like Marshawn. He's the exception, not the norm.
Do you know Marshawn personally? There's a difference between elite character and saying what people want to hear.

Marshawn is one of my fav current Bills on the field, but who's to say he's not the same as all the others off it? Just an observation!

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Do you know Marshawn personally? There's a difference between elite character and saying what people want to hear.

Marshawn is one of my fav current Bills on the field, but who's to say he's not the same as all the others off it? Just an observation!
When a grown man talks about his momma as much as he does, he's probably one of 3 things.

1) Very gentle-mannered family-loving person
2) ******ed
3) Norman Bates

I hope Marshawn is 1).

madness
04-16-2008, 12:34 PM

You can usually make an decent observation about what's out there in the press, what his coaches and teammates say and reviewing interviews.

In Lynch's case it was ALL positive except for the people that jump to conclusions on limited facts.

From the Lynch bashing thread that was recently dug up...

All bull****. Do a little research and you'll find out this guy was an above excellent presence in the locker room AND with his coaches. Every interview I've seen of him, he's been a team player all the way never giving one ounce of credit to himself.

Marv is a former Coach at Cal. I think he'll know what kind of person Lynch really is instead of all this media hype bull****.

Move this thread to :spam:

There hasn't been much out on Kelly's character being challenged other then this isolated incident. Again, people jumping to conclusions.

True to his character and Christian upbringing, the first thing Malcolm has committed himself to do as a professional athlete is to leverage his role to make a difference in the lives of others. Mercy Ships connection with Africa and the proximity of the International Operations Center for Mercy Ships to his home area helped make the global charity a natural fit for the young African- American athlete.

Malcolm said, “I wanted this to be the first thing I did to begin my career as a professional athlete. I’m not even in the league yet, but I know how important it is to do the right things in the right way. Mercy Ships is all about that. They deliver free, life-changing medical assistance to people in Africa and third world countries that need help the most. As an African-American, I feel a connection there. I just hope that this first small step will help shed light and get the word out on what an incredible organization Mercy Ships is.”

Mercy Ships Chairman of the Board, Myron E. “Mike” Ullman III stated, “Malcolm’s achievements as an athlete are extraordinary and we are sure he will excel in the NFL. But it’s his maturity to recognize the potential for helping the poorest of the poor by supporting Mercy Ships in Africa that is most impressive. It makes a strong statement about his personal character and values as a young man.”

“Malcolm Kelly is already a local football hero in East Texas,” stated Mercy Ships CEO Sam Smith. “But for me he’s much more than a great player. His compassion and commitment to bring hope and healing to the world’s poor is extraordinary for someone his age.”

People are more ready to judge someone off of a single incident rather then give that person another chance.

bigbub2352
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
this may change the way we look at the draft now in my opinion, i have said right along Devin Thomas at 11, but now Kelly is likely to fall to the 2nd round, i could see the Bills lookin elswhere, or if we trade down and take a WR, say Devin Thomas at 20, we can get another 2nd rd pick, could u imagine CB and TE in rd 2, DL in the 3rd, and with the 4th do WR and FB

that would be solid

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
When a grown man talks about his momma as much as he does, he's probably one of 3 things.

1) Very gentle-mannered family-loving person
2) ******ed
3) Norman Bates

I hope Marshawn is 1).

:rofl:

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I've been saying it for months now, Kelly is horrible.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:38 PM

I know people personally who played with Marshawn in college and have said nothing but good things about him.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM

Yep horrible.

Hes gonna be the next Marques Colston... :rolleyes:

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I know people personally who played with Marshawn in college and have said nothing but good things about him.

Do you "know" them in the biblical sense?

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM

If what Malcolm said is true, and the Bills told him they havent seen him get caught from behind...

And if the Bills are being straight shooters with Malcolm when they made these comments, and we have lots of reasons to thing they are in fact straight shooters, there just might be some sore losers on draft day.

I honestly dont care if we go with him or about 3 others guys, I just think its gonna be funny how much people will get worked up over who we go with.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
If what Malcolm said is true, and the Bills told him they havent seen him get caught from behind...
What if it is? I've watched every one of his college games and he's just as fast as anyone and he rarely does get caught from behind. 40 time is one of the most overrated statistics in football and should be thrown out the door; it's all about football speed and speed on tape. Had he run something stupid like a 5.2 then you can worry but having broken him down his speed is just fine, it's everything else that sucks about him, especially his run blocking.
And if the Bills are being straight shooters with Malcolm when they made these comments, and we have lots of reasons to thing they are in fact straight shooters, there just might be some sore losers on draft day.

I honestly dont care if we go with him or about 3 others guys, I just think its gonna be funny how much people will get worked up over who we go with.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Yep horrible.

Hes gonna be the next Marques Colston... :rolleyes:
I honestly don't know where you're going with this.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
The LAST thing I would draft a WR for is their run blocking. Thats the BOTTOM on the wish list on a WR.

Even the BEST WR's are usually playing patty-cakes with some DB when its a run.

If Marshawn is in a position where he needs to be worried about the WR blocking HIS man, we are in VERY good shape, thats easily 4 yards down the field the majority of the time.

No, Kelly gets open, catches the ball better than almost anyone in this WR draft class, and plays tough every down.

He would be just fine as a #2 WR by the looks of it.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I honestly don't know where you're going with this.

Well, many, maybe not you, are hung up on speed. Yet some guy named Marques Colston ended up being pretty damn good without it.

If anything, Kellys ONLY hit is his speed. And with Evans on the other side, Im just not gonna be worried about it.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
The LAST thing I would draft a WR for is their run blocking. Thats the BOTTOM on the wish list on a WR.

Even the BEST WR's are usually playing patty-cakes with some DB when its a run.

If Marshawn is in a position where he needs to be worried about the WR blocking HIS man, we are in VERY good shape, thats easily 4 yards down the field the majority of the time.

No, Kelly gets open, catches the ball better than almost anyone in this WR draft class, and plays tough every down.

He would be just fine as a #2 WR by the looks of it.
I've posted my break down on Kelly several times, I honestly don't feel like doing it again. It goes much deeper than run blocking.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I've posted my break down on Kelly several times, I honestly don't feel like doing it again. It goes much deeper than run blocking.

Well, without your "data", I guess I would have to assume that outside of 3 or 4 WR's in this draft (in your mind) everyone is horrible.

I think your gonna have a hard time trying to sell to the majority that Kelly is so much "worse" than the top 5 or 10 WR's. A #11 pick? No, that seems very unlikley now. Could the Bills still do it? sure.

I could easily see a move back into late round 1 or early 2nd for Kelly though, but theres several others that fall into that category too.

Oaf
04-16-2008, 06:24 PM
At the end of the day, if we end up with either Hardy, Kelly, or Sweed at any spot, I will be a very happy man. Harvey, Flowers, and Bennett are close secondary priorities.