PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson demands trade before the draft..

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8041490/Johnson:-'I-don't-want-to-play-for-the-Bengals'

Cincinnati has had to endure a plethora of issues over the last two years. But this may be the Bengals' biggest problem yet.

Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported. "I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Damn.. Talk smack to the QB.. Sure-fire way to get out of town...

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."
In regard to Palmer, Johnson said, "I wish he would stay out of my business."

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
He was on SC just a few weeks ago saying he'd report if he's not traded...

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Musta changed his mind..

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Forget the Thomas/Sweed/Kelly controversy..

This guy is miles better than all of them.. I'd give up the 11th pick for him in a MINUTE.. And we sure as hell have the cap room to sign him to whatever it takes...

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM

This guy is miles better than all of them.. I'd give up the 11th pick for him in a MINUTE.. And we sure as hell have the cap room to sign him to whatever it takes...

Yeah and is a me first disruption machine.

Night Train
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Jerry Jones is probably just drooling all over his dentu grip.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:10 PM

BS, he is a team player, and is getting dicked around up in Cincinnati. He's one of the few guys whose run his mouth and still produces every Sunday.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:12 PM
BS, he is a team player, and is getting dicked around up in Cincinnati. He's one of the few guys whose run his mouth and still produces every Sunday.

How exactly is he getting dicked around?

I used to agree until he got to the point that his celebrations were his main goal.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:14 PM
How exactly is he getting dicked around?

I used to agree until he got to the point that his celebrations were his main goal.

He wants a new deal, he deserves a new deal and Cincy wont give him one. He's been asking for years for help on the O and they havent done it. He always is a team player and gives 150%. His celebration and antics are part of his game.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:14 PM
he can celebrate at the Ralph all he wants. At some point, you'll realize "character' isnt enough and we need more TALENT. Chad Johnson is talent.. he and Evans together would be unstoppable with Lynch running the rock

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:15 PM
That all being said I wouldn't move the #11 for him

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
he can celebrate at the Ralph all he wants. At some point, you'll realize "character' isnt enough and we need more TALENT. Chad Johnson is talent.. he and Evans together would be unstoppable with Lynch running the rock

And at some point you would realize guys that love themselves are not usually successful either.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
He wants a new deal, he deserves a new deal and Cincy wont give him one. He's been asking for years for help on the O and they havent done it. He always is a team player and gives 150%. His celebration and antics are part of his game.

Part of his game?

How so? Does it put points on the board?

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
That all being said I wouldn't move the #11 for him
why not? Is he old?
Is there someone in this draft that is going to make the Buffalo offense better in 2008 and over the next 2-5 years than Chad Johnson?

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
And at some point you would realize guys that love themselves are not usually successful either.
Ya.. he had a "disruptive" year and STILL put up 93 catches for 1440 yards and 8 TDs.

You gotta be kidding me.. Anyone who wouldn't want Chad Johnson on this team secretly wants this team to continue to suck so they have something to look forward to or something; I guess.

Sorry, I will take PRODUCTION first.

DMBcrew36
04-16-2008, 03:22 PM

What about his concussions he had last season and the season before? He forgot where he was after one game in the locker room, and they had to tell the reporters to leave. He had what was most definitely a concussion in the Bills game, still stayed in the game, and then got jacked by Whitner, putting him on a stretcher.

I'm sorry, but he is damaged goods for the money he'll demand, and he's a distraction to boot.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Do you think there is a concidence between his drop off in production and his concussions he had last season and the season before? He forgot where he was after one game in the locker room, and they had to tell the reporters to leave. He had what was most definitely a concussion in the Bills game, still stayed in the game, and then got jacked by Whitner, putting him on a stretcher.

I'm sorry, but he is damaged goods for the money he'll demand, and he's a distraction to boot.
94 catches for 1440 yards is a flipping DROPOFF in production?!?!?!?!?!

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
i bet he ends up in tampa or washington

justasportsfan

just like you'd give the 11th pick for turner and then change your mind?

Dr. Lecter
So you would take TO on the Bills? After all, he put up big numbers.

DMBcrew36
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
94 catches for 1440 yards is a flipping DROPOFF in production?!?!?!?!?!

Whatever, he disappeared for a while in the season, having 0 TDs.

Those stats still don't refute the fact that he most certainly has had concussion problems the past year. Concussions add up, you know. Ask Pat LaFontaine.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Ya.. he had a "disruptive" year and STILL put up 93 catches for 1440 yards and 8 TDs.

You gotta be kidding me.. Anyone who wouldn't want Chad Johnson on this team secretly wants this team to continue to suck so they have something to look forward to or something; I guess.

Sorry, I will take PRODUCTION first.

Don't be a jackass.

You really think anybody who disagress with you on this wants the Bills to suck?

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
just like you'd give the 11th pick for turner and then change your mind?
meant to say 13th.

patmoran2006
his "lack of production" still equates to 1440 yards.

Here's a news alert.. NO ONE IN THE HISTORY of the Bills has ever had a 1400 yard receiving season.. ever.

and he's not worth our first round .

mybills
Chad's a drama queen. This is proof.

trapezeus
04-16-2008, 03:29 PM

I agree with about 90% of the posts you write DB. But on this i disagree. They've had palmer, TJH, a couple decent running backs. The o has been good and stocked better than most teams.

I just recall the bills bengals game this year. When the Bills got physical with him, he disappeared against a rookie D. And he's pushing 30. his drop off is going to come at the heavy end of a reworked contract.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Of course, if they get him Evans is gone after this season.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Part of his game?

How so? Does it put points on the board?

Yes because he only celebrates after making plays like scoring touchdowns!

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Don't be a jackass.

You really think anybody who disagress with you on this wants the Bills to suck?

I mean really, have they won anything with his production to go with his problems? Nope.

CJ won't guarantee you a sb but he's almost a guaranteed cancer.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I agree with about 90% of the posts you write DB. But on this i disagree. They've had palmer, TJH, a couple decent running backs. The o has been good and stocked better than most teams.

I just recall the bills bengals game this year. When the Bills got physical with him, he disappeared against a rookie D. And he's pushing 30. his drop off is going to come at the heavy end of a reworked contract.

Their OL is in shambles and their RB's are hurt Johnson, Irons, and Perry. Plus no real TE option, and no depth at WR. They got three weapons but how far can they go?

Luisito23
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
NO thank you!!!.....If he was Boldin, or Fitzgerald definitely, but for him it would be stupid to mortgage the entire team........

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
So you would take TO on the Bills? After all, he put up big numbers.

In a flipping second, Id sign him to a one year deal

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
NO thank you!!!.....If he was Boldin, or Fitzgerald definitely, but for him it would be stupid to mortgage the entire team........
we're 40 million UNDER CASH TO CAP!

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I mean really, have they won anything with his production to go with his problems? Nope.

CJ won't guarantee you a sb but he's almost a guaranteed cancer.

How is he a cancer? Name one thing he's done to split a locker room? His teammates all love him!

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes because he only celebrates after making plays like scoring touchdowns!

So it has nothing to do with him scoring? It happens after he scores.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
How is he a cancer? Name one thing he's done to split a locker room? His teammates all love him!

Palmer might not love him as much after being called out.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
In a flipping second, Id sign him to a one year deal

Ugh.

TO destroys teams and throws QBs under the bus.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Ugh.

TO destroys teams and throws QBs under the bus.

1 yr deal, what did he do for Philly in one season, Dallas?

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Palmer might not love him as much after being called out.

This is your one incident? Hell of a cancer! Come on prior to this what makes him a cancer?

justasportsfan
a cancer to the organization.

Again he won't guarantee you a win. I'd rather spend the cash on another wr who doesn't love himself like was mentioned, Fitz or Boldin.

DraftBoy
So it has nothing to do with him scoring? It happens after he scores.

Yea so how does it affect his game on the field? He also draws lots of PI penalties.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
a cancer to the organization.

Again he won't guarantee you a win. I'd rather spend the cash on another wr who doesn't love himself like was mentioned, Fitz or Boldin.

How he has stood by the organization until this offseason.

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Their OL is in shambles and their RB's are hurt Johnson, Irons, and Perry. Plus no real TE option, and no depth at WR. They got three weapons but how far can they go?

are you explaining the Bengals or the Bills? what will change here? You think hed be happy here?

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
How he has stood by the organization until this offseason.
If we are gonna pay so much for player might as well on guys with both high character and talent. they would deserve it. Not some hotdog who starts wearing a HOF jacket . Bring in Roy Williams.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Of course, if they get him Evans is gone after this season.As opposed to giving a $40 million extension to a WR who has exactly ONE 1000 yard season in 4 years...?

Chad Johnson is the ANSWER to this offense, period..

I'm not saying they will trade for him. Im saying IF the opportunity arises, they'd be STUPID to not get him.

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
If we are gonna pay so much for player might as well on guys with both high character and talent. they would deserve it. Not some hotdog who starts wearing a HOF jacket . Bring in Roy Williams.

How does he have low character? He does not have one off the field incident. The only beef anybody has with him is his antics which never once has hurt his team, never once cost anybody a game, and that the fans and media all love. Yea now I can see why he wouldn't be good for our team...:rolleyes:

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I mean he doesn't want to be in cinci... but something tells me he isn't dying to play in buffalo either...

but if thats not the case i'd be more than happy to snag him

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, CJ would really wanna come to Buffalo.. Who wouldn't want to come to Buffalo and catch passes from a sure shot HOF in Trent Edwards? I mean Carson Palmer couldn't even hold Trent's jockstrap.

BigGabes23
04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
He has Randy Moss Disease. He only wants to play for a winning team in the spotlight.... That makes Buffalo last on his list. I would give up or #11 in a second, but it will never happen, and even if it did, it would not work out.

I am not sure where he expects to go. NE, Dallas, Indy all have WR. Cinci is not going to give him up for a late round pick anyway. All of the teams in the first half of the draft are not a step up from his current situation (where he already has a top 5 QB)

He'll end up getting Keyshawn-ed and then cut next year.

trapezeus
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
i think dallas is looking to get someone for life after TO.

Luisito23
04-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I could see the Eagles doing everything in their power to try to snag him...

HHURRICANE
04-16-2008, 04:12 PM

Well, quite frankly, I'm ready for a "me first disruption machine".

I'm sick of losing with high motor integrity guys.

HHURRICANE
04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
How does he have low character? He does not have one off the field incident. The only beef anybody has with him is his antics which never once has hurt his team, never once cost anybody a game, and that the fans and media all love. Yea now I can see why he wouldn't be good for our team...:rolleyes:

Well said.

I'm ready for a guy who thinks he's great and doesn't think he's blessed to be on an NFL team.

Bone
04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Chad johnson is the man.

How could you not want him on this team? Because he talks trash and performs touchdown celebrations? Were in 2008 people, it's not ever going to be like it was back in the day where you score and hand the ball to the ref and shut up.

But it's not even going to happen.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Chad johnson is the man.

How could you not want him on this team? Because he talks trash and performs touchdown celebrations? Were in 2008 people, it's not ever going to be like it was back in the day where you score and hand the ball to the ref and shut up.

But it's not even going to happen.

Why would he be happy in Buffalo? Buffalo and Cincinatti are very, very similar franchises.

Michael82
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I would take him in a ****ing heartbeat! :drool: I'd have no problem giving up the #11 overall pick for Chad Johnson. :up:

YardRat
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I'd be willing to take a shot at him, if it weren't for the history of concussions.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Ugh..

SCREW CHAD JOHNSON!! I'll be furious if he ever comes to Buffalo.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Of course, if they get him Evans is gone after this season.
Evans will be gone regardless of whether they target Johnson or not.

I wouldn't mind having CJ on this team. He's still productive and would bring some energy to an otherwise bland roster. This team still has very few, if any, impact players. Imagine Evans and Johnson, even if for one season, with Lynch and Edwards. Our offense goes from below average to near unstoppable.

patmoran2006
04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
has Chad Johnson ever been arrested? Has Chad Johnson ever been busted for drugs and disciplined by the league?

You go play for an organization like Cinci for several years.. You'd be doing what you gotta do to get out as well.

You guys want to be a playoff team, yet you wouldnt take a 90+ catch, 1400+ yard WR.. Our biggest weakness is offense.. What the **** am I missing??

Michael82
04-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Evans will be gone regardless of whether they target Johnson or not.

I wouldn't mind having CJ on this team. He's still productive and would bring some energy to an otherwise bland roster. This team still has very few, if any, impact players. Imagine Evans and Johnson, even if for one season, with Lynch and Edwards. Our offense goes from below average to near unstoppable.
Exactly! Read along the lines with Evans and the Bills trying to sign him. It doesn't look good, that's for sure. :(

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Exactly! Read along the lines with Evans and the Bills trying to sign him. It doesn't look good, that's for sure. :(

With a improved D none the less.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
You guys want to be a playoff team, yet you wouldnt take a 90+ catch, 1400+ yard WR.. Our biggest weakness is offense.. What the **** am I missing??

Welcome to Buffalo... Everybody wants a Lexus, but they'll take a Honda cuz the Lexus has a chip in the paint.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Anyone else starting to think that Ocho Stinko might be bi-polar?

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
1 yr deal, what did he do for Philly in one season, Dallas?

What did he do in Philly except get suspended a couple of times and **** all over McNabb?

CJ I could see and tolerate.

TO hurts teams more than he helps them.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM

Based on what Mike?

I read the comments and there is nothing there one way or the other.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Well, quite frankly, I'm ready for a "me first disruption machine".

I'm sick of losing with high motor integrity guys.

Chad Johnson has won as much as Evans has.

Nothing.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Chad Johnson has won as much as Evans has.

Nothing.

http://menacingmorons.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/owned.jpg

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
if you think that bringing in chad jo hnson would hurt the bills pitiful offense more than it helps, then you are out of yourfricken mind.

who cares if he wants to get some attention by talking or dancing... he busts his ass off to get into the endzone to do it

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
if you think that bringing in chad jo hnson would hurt the bills pitiful offense more than it helps, then you are out of yourfricken mind.

who cares if he wants to get some attention by talking or dancing... he busts his ass off to get into the endzone to do it

We're at / or near the bottom of the league, we need to do something.

Jaybird
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
i would give up the 11 pick in one second

bring in chad bring in chad

Confused
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Welcome to Buffalo... Everybody wants a Lexus, but they'll take a Honda cuz the Lexus has a chip in the paint.that was the best thing I read in this whole worthless thread. amen freeman!!!!

I'd love the poo outa CJ here.

Confused
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Welcome to Buffalo... Everybody wants a Lexus, but they'll take a Honda cuz the Lexus has a chip in the paint.that was the best thing I read in this whole worthless thread. amen freeman!!!!

I'd love the poo outa CJ here.

Bone
04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Why would he be happy in Buffalo? Buffalo and Cincinatti are very, very similar franchises.

I never said he would be happy here, I'm just saying if he did why could anyone not like the move.

Oaf
04-17-2008, 02:02 AM
"I don't want YOU to play for the Bills."

gr8slayer
04-17-2008, 07:42 AM
What did he do in Philly except get suspended a couple of times and **** all over McNabb?

Been good for us in Dallas thus far.

Philagape
04-17-2008, 08:03 AM
You go play for an organization like Cinci for several years.. You'd be doing what you gotta do to get out as well.

That reminds me of a previous star who wanted out of Cincy and came to Buffalo.

I'm kinda torn, but the pro-Chad arguments have convinced me. I'd welcome him here, not that it's ever going to happen.
Another point: people have argued over Chad's numbers, but does anyone not think TJ Housyourmama has benefited a lot from having Chad on the other side?

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 08:47 AM

That was in year 2, hence why I said sign him to a 1 year deal.

Throne Logic
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
NE has a first round pick near the top. I'm sure they'd love to trade out of that spot. . .

That makes me ill just thinking about it.