PDA

View Full Version : The forgotten RB

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 04:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkIjNLWqf55N9D9EzmdRqhc5nYcB?slug=cr-bushinlimbo041608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

If Oakland ever wanted to get rid of this guy Id take him in a heart beat to backup Lynch over Fred Jackson.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Whats wrong with Fred Jackson. He at least has had proven success in the league.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Whats wrong with Fred Jackson. He at least has had proven success in the league.

Wouldn't mind Bush as our 3rd man over Wright and A-Train but Jackson is looking like a diamond in the rough.

bigbub2352
04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
We have our Bush in Dwayne Wright, he was alos under utilized, and should have been on the feild way more, especially when Lynch went down, Just cause he fumbled a screen pass doesnt mean he is worthless, this guy can play, just need to get some PT

Confused
04-16-2008, 08:38 PM
MIke Bush is awesome. come to the buffalo bushy!!!!

or Chris johnson, a wee bit 'o' lightning to go with our thunder.

YardRat
04-16-2008, 08:48 PM
If the Raiders do snag McFadden, Jordan will be the odd man out, not Bush.

Tatonka
04-21-2008, 12:04 AM
i was pretty clear last year that I really wanted this guy on our team. his attitude is excellent. his skill is ridiculous. he WILL be a good back in the nfl.

oakland.. i just dont get them.. if they actually drafted mcfadden with fargas, jordan, rhoades, and bush on the roster.. wow is all i could say. i actually hope they do, just so there is a super slim chance that we got bush.

Mahdi
04-21-2008, 06:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkIjNLWqf55N9D9EzmdRqhc5nYcB?slug=cr-bushinlimbo041608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

If Oakland ever wanted to get rid of this guy Id take him in a heart beat to backup Lynch over Fred Jackson.
The Raiders are very high on Bush and he will get a ton of carries this season. Raiders players were praising him recently saying that he was extremely difficult to tackle in practice last season.

B-DON
04-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Fred Jackson will be more productive than bush. Bad injury he suffered and he wasnt very fast to begin with when i watched him.

Ickybaluky
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Fred Jackson will be more productive than bush. Bad injury he suffered and he wasnt very fast to begin with when i watched him.

Are you kidding? He may not be a burner, but he is fast enough. He is a big kid (240+ lbs) who runs in the 4.6 range, which is pretty tough to deal with. However, what separated him in college was he the kind of quick feet you see on a big back. He has the same stutter-step running style that Jerome Bettis and Natrone Means had. He can find a hole and pick his way through, and isn't going to be brought down by an arm tackle.

The reason I loved him in college was because he looked good in the passing game. He has natural hands and catches the ball well. Louisville even split him out wide at times. He is the type of guy who can be a horse, but he is still enough of a threat in the passing game that it keeps you off balance.

His injury history is a concern, he has to prove he can hold up. He had a fractured foot a couple years before he broke his leg. However, when he plays he is impressive.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Are you kidding? He may not be a burner, but he is fast enough. He is a big kid (240+ lbs) who runs in the 4.6 range, which is pretty tough to deal with. However, what separated him in college was he the kind of quick feet you see on a big back. He has the same stutter-step running style that Jerome Bettis and Natrone Means had. He can find a hole and pick his way through, and isn't going to be brought down by an arm tackle.

The reason I loved him in college was because he looked good in the passing game. He has natural hands and catches the ball well. Louisville even split him out wide at times. He is the type of guy who can be a horse, but he is still enough of a threat in the passing game that it keeps you off balance.

His injury history is a concern, he has to prove he can hold up. He had a fractured foot a couple years before he broke his leg. However, when he plays he is impressive.
How is B-Dons statement so Unbelievable? Sure Bush could eventually contribute but so far(yes I know due to injury) he has done nothing. Who knows if this kid will ever even see the field.

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 07:37 AM
How is B-Dons statement so Unbelievable? Sure Bush could eventually contribute but so far(yes I know due to injury) he has done nothing. Who knows if this kid will ever even see the field.
The Raiders liked him so much last year in practice they were going to suit him up for the end of the season but decided to just be patient and give him a full recovery first. Behind a good OL he should do pretty well. Im certain he will see the field and expect to see him getting plenty of carries against Buffalo.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
The Raiders liked him so much last year in practice they were going to suit him up for the end of the season but decided to just be patient and give him a full recovery first. Behind a good OL he should do pretty well. Im certain he will see the field and expect to see him getting plenty of carries against Buffalo.

Not if they draft McFadden...

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Not if they draft McFadden...
No way Raiders draft McFadden.... 3 reasons...

1) Zone blocking scheme is one of the best in the NFL... anyone behind their scheme will be productive...

2) They have 4 solid RBs... 3 they recently paid good contracts to... Fargas, Rhodes and Jordan as well as Michael Bush who they just drafted last year.

3) Al Davis is intent on bringing back the Raiders D of old. He has the secondary and the LBs (which IMO are among the best in the league) and most of the DL. At the #4 spot he is almost guaranteed to have either Gholston, Chris Long or Dorsey if not he will have Sedrick Ellis sitting there. A great DL supported by a great back 7 is the plan in Oakland why would they miss out on the chance to bring their DL to another level only to add to what is already the stregth of their team?

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2008, 11:08 AM
The Raiders are very high on Bush and he will get a ton of carries this season. Raiders players were praising him recently saying that he was extremely difficult to tackle in practice last season.

Well, he was running against the Raiders.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Either way Bush is no guarantee either way.

DraftBoy
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I still think Oakland will take McFadden, because its the stupid wrong pick to make.

Mahdi
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I still think Oakland will take McFadden, because its the stupid wrong pick to make.
As dumb as people make Al Davis out to be... the guy is pretty smart actually and I bet the Raiders will be a tough team to play for anyone this year. His signings may have been expensive but they are all solid players that will put them in position to challenge for a playoff spot. Just take a look at their defense, its stacked and they are about to add Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.