PDA

View Full Version : Find out where Russ Brandon lives!!

HHURRICANE
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I loved the way he handled the whole Miami game contoversy.

"The league makes the schedule but were excited to play the game up north in front of our new fans."

Not once did he say that he understood why local fans would be upset.

This team is gone.

Enjoy what little time we have left.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 04:43 PM
He's a menial do-nothing who probably just follows orders. I don't really blame him, he's the PR guy who has to save face. The blood is on the hands of the abysmal owner who apparently could give 2 ****s about the people that have padded his family's bank accounts for the past half century, all the while giving us nothing other than crappy teams and slap-in-the-face comments about how bad our town sucks.

It's sad the way this country has gone... the only thing people care about anymore is money and personal gratification. F everything and everyone else.

HHURRICANE
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
He's a menial do-nothing who probably just follows orders. I don't really blame him, he's the PR guy who has to save face. The blood is on the hands of the abysmal owner who apparently could give 2 ****s about the people that have padded his family's bank accounts for the past half century.

It's sad the way this country has gone... the only thing people care about anymore is money and personal gratification. F everything and everyone else.

To be frank he sounded like a guy that was totally in charge and didn't care too much what the fans in Buffalo thought about the game not being played in Buffalo.

It was really sad and shocking at the same time. Six months ago I didn't think the team would be leaving but now I do.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Do be frank he sounded like a guy that was totally in charge and didn't care too much what the fans in Buffalo thought about the game not being played in Buffalo.

It was really sad and shocking at the same time. Six months ago I didn't think the team would be leaving but now I do.
He probably doesn't. I haven't met too many COO's that give a crap about anything other than a bottom line. That being said... it wasn't his decision to stab the fans in the back over a few extra bucks because our buildings aren't pretty enough to look at.

I respect Mr. Wilson for all that he's done in bringing a team to this town, but over the last 10 years he's chipped away at my respect with his comments and actions. Anybody who cries over making millions, while at the same having the salaries of his players paid through collective bargaining is just pathetic. And anybody that didn't see this TOR bs as a full-blown exodus was only fooling themselves.

The worst part is Buffalo is f'd either way. If we don't pony up and just stop going to games, they will move... if TOR draws big bucks, they will move.

raphael120
04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Damned if we don't show up to games, and damned if we do show up to games because it's obvious that if fans do their part (which they have for years upon years), it doesn't mean jack squat.

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I loved the way he handled the whole Miami game contoversy.

"The league makes the schedule but were excited to play the game up north in front of our new fans."

Not once did he say that he understood why local fans would be upset.

This team is gone.

Enjoy what little time we have left.
where did you hear/read this ? Was he even asked about how he feels about the fans' sentiment on this?

HHURRICANE
04-16-2008, 05:16 PM
where did you hear/read this ? Was he even asked about how he feels about the fans' sentiment on this?

It was on Sirrius today during their two minute drill. It addressed fans in Buffalo being upset with the game against their rival being played in Tornoto and than had Brandon's response. He must of had a press conference yesterday becuase he was addressing the schedule that was released that AM.