PDA

View Full Version : Here's the latest on Lee Evans....

Michael82
04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
http://assets.buffalobills.com/images/billsblogh3.gif Evans update

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:37 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3302)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>EVANS UPDATE: Bills COO Russ Brandon gave an update on Lee Evans' long term status with the club beyond this the final year of his rookie contract.
“We take a hard look at that, from the standpoint of how we go about building this roster short and long term," said Brandon. "Lee is a core player in this organization and we want him to be here for many years to come. We will be proactive in looking at not only Lee’s situaition but other players we identify. That’s the way we feel we can continue to build this good young roster and having core players.''
--- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Lee will get tagged for at least 1 year after his rookie contract is up.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow, I've never heard somebody use so many words, and offer absolutely nothing of context.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Screw em, franchise his ass if we can't get a long term deal done.

shelby
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
:rofl: He said absolutely nothing!

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:32 PM
**** him, he isn't a number one WR.

Michael82
04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Lee will get tagged for at least 1 year after his rookie contract is up.
Exactly. Or he'll be tagged and then traded.

YardRat
04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Big year for Evan's and the team. I hope they both do well enough that it becomes a moot point whether or not to extend him.

Don't Panic
04-16-2008, 06:20 PM
He basically said, "we like him and we'll talk to him, but there's no guarantee we'll get anything done." Good enough for now... they can worry up re-uping young guys after the draft.

Oaf
04-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Just me, but I think we should sign Crowell first, then Evans.

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
What do you guys want him to say?

Tatonka
04-16-2008, 07:00 PM
i dont know how you got anything negative out of that to warrant the "this doesnt sound good".

DMBcrew36
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
i dont know how you got anything negative out of that to warrant the "this doesnt sound good".

Yeah, me neither.

The quote is good. It says that they're going to try hard to resign him because he's a core player.

Mr B
04-16-2008, 09:02 PM
"We are trying to pay him less than he can get somewhere else and we hope he takes it because we really want him here."

Michael82
04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
"We are trying to pay him less than he can get somewhere else and we hope he takes it because we really want him here."
:rofl:

Night Train
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Just me, but I think we should sign Crowell first, then Evans.

You have got to be kidding.

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't understand why some of you guys are turning your backs on him. Screw him and move on? What has he done to lose your loyalty? He's done nothing but quietly lead the team, produce when he has to. The QB situation is not his fault.

This guy has Marvin Harrison written all over him. Lock him up for good already.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't understand why some of you guys are turning your backs on him. Screw him and move on? What has he done to lose your loyalty? He's done nothing but quietly lead the team, produce when he has to. The QB situation is not his fault.

This guy has Marvin Harrison written all over him. Lock him up for good already.
well for starters, some people feel he's a JP licker.

raphael120
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
If I were Lee, I would be wanting out of this mess of a franchise. Think of what he's had to deal with as a WR. He could make tons of money elsewhere, look at the money being thrown out to lesser WR's. Lee would be insane to not go somewhere else.

ddaryl
04-17-2008, 01:57 PM
This just re-enforces my thought process in regards to drafting 2 WR's this year...

One to replace Lee, and one to be a bonafide #2 threat.

Next year we franchise Lee and trade him for a #1 pick... Which means we could possibly trade away next years #1 to make moves this year.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 01:57 PM
If I were Lee, I would be wanting out of this mess of a franchise. Think of what he's had to deal with as a WR. He could make tons of money elsewhere, look at the money being thrown out to lesser WR's. Lee would be insane to not go somewhere else.

I agree but he has no leverage right now after his nos were affected by last years qb problems.

He's seen first hand how a qb carousel can ruin ones career because he witnessed it with his mentor Moulds. There's also Josh Reed.

If I were a draftee, I'd hope not to be drafted by either the bills or Meeyami but meeyami has better weather and women.

bigbub2352
04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
He is waiting to see what TE brings to the table, also to see the direction of the offense, after the draft, not adding anyone in FA this year probably didnt make him feel to hot, but we will see, i think he likes being a BILL, just doesnt want to lose his entire career here, Franchise him for the next year if need b, we have the cap room

TacklingDummy
04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
"EVANS UPDATE: Bills COO Russ Brandon gave an update on Lee Evans' long term status with the club beyond this the final year of his rookie contract."

Did Lee already void the final year of his contract?

Night Train
04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
He's doing what he should be doing. Waiting to see the whole picture, meaning post draft and the Offense implimented by the Turk.

He's still the best player on the team by a mile and we have him for at least 2 years, with the Franchise tag. Go ahead and throw your stones. It doesn't mean a damn thing.

I'm worried about what we DON'T have at other positions.

Yasgur's Farm
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Screw em, franchise his ass if we can't get a long term deal done. :bandwagon My thoughts exactly!!

TacklingDummy
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
well for starters, some people feel he's a JP licker.

Goat

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Goat

you should've quoted Miyagi, he asked I told him the truth.

ddaryl
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
"EVANS UPDATE: Bills COO Russ Brandon gave an update on Lee Evans' long term status with the club beyond this the final year of his rookie contract."

he;s a UFA next season... nothing has changed

OpIv37
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM

It's not him- it's the fact that we're not going to be able to re-sign him. There's no doubt that he has talent, but he's going to want to test the open market.

Remember, Lee was here for the end of Moulds' career. He saw what happened to him- Moulds could have had incredible numbers but his best years were wasted with lackluster QB's. Evans isn't going to sit around and allow the same thing to happen to him.

My guess is Evans wants out. He's not the type to ***** to the media or demand a trade, but he's not going to be here after his rookie contract. He's waiting to test the waters. The only way the BIlls will be able to keep him is by paying a ridiculous premium.

TacklingDummy
04-17-2008, 02:27 PM
he;s a UFA next season... nothing has changed

Yes, something must have changed.

7/14/2004: Signed a five-year, $12.6 million contract. The deal included a $2.25 million signing bonus and contains $7.17 million in total guarantees. 2008: $2.25 million, 2009: $1,236,250 (Voidable Year), 2010: Free Agent

Ed
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM

Technically he probably hasn't voided the last year, as he probably doesn't have that option until after this season. I would say voiding the last year is a given at this point though. There'd be no benefit to him not voiding it and there's nothing the Bills can do to prevent him from voiding it.