PDA

View Full Version : Not As Excited As I Would Normally Be Able this Season...

raphael120
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't know how many people feel the way I do...but...is it just me or does this upcoming season just not feel right? It just doesn't feel the same. I'm excited, don't get me wrong...but the whole Toronto thing is in the back of my mind.

And Schopp and Bulldog put it exactly right when they said that this relationship with the Bills is like a relationship with a man or a woman when you sense that the other person is looking to move on without you. How are you supposed to feel the same about the Bills when you know this team may not exist in the not so distant future.

In past seasons the whole "Bills moving" thing was speculation at best and there was no real concrete indication of this being true, and although it's not proven, there are tons of neon signs pointing to that very direction now. As much as Bills fans could easily put the speculation in the back of their heads, it's now front and center with the Toronto thing...not very easy to brush off.

If youre someone who can just not think about it, then more power to you, I wish I could just not think about it...I think the only thing that will make me kinda forget about it for the time being would be if they play some good football and end up winning alot of games and going to the playoffs...at that point I won't focus on the negative but on the positive for once because my team will be doing good and I'll have something to root for and get joy out of in the present than worry about another year of a crap product that will never be good again as long as their in Buffalo if they aren't winning.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll tell you this much, if the Bills move outside of Buffalo they will be on my **** list above all other NFL teams. This is all just talk for now, I love my Bills and I hope they never, ever leave but the second they do I become a Dallas Cowboys fan. If you want to use women as an analogy, it's like getting dumped by your girlfriend and then sleeping with her nemesis to get back at her. ( With all that said, I probably wouldn't watch much football. I would watch the games that the "new" Bills were playing and I would root against them every game. )

YardRat
04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm looking forward to this season, and I will the next four the same. If they end up leaving at that point, it's out of my hands anyway so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'll quit watching NFL football altogether before I'd hop on the Cowboy's bandwagon.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm looking forward to this season, and I will the next four the same. If they end up leaving at that point, it's out of my hands anyway so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'll quit watching NFL football altogether before I'd hop on the Cowboy's bandwagon.

I would much rather root for "America's Team" than "Canada's Team." This thread is making me sick, my blood is starting to boil.

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I'll tell you this much, if the Bills move outside of Buffalo they will be on my **** list above all other NFL teams. This is all just talk for now, I love my Bills and I hope they never, ever leave but the second they do I become a Dallas Cowboys fan. If you want to use women as an analogy, it's like getting dumped by your girlfriend and then sleeping with her nemesis to get back at her. ( With all that said, I probably wouldn't watch much football. I would watch the games that the "new" Bills were playing and I would root against them every game. )Sweet, you can come down to Dallas and we can go to some games :up:

shelby
04-16-2008, 05:41 PM
i have enough problems in my life without letting the future of the Bills drag me further into a deep depression.

It is what it is....enjoy the season to come. We can't control what the future holds.

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sweet, you can come down to Dallas and we can go to some games :up:

:rofl:

Hopefully it never comes down to that. I would much rather you come up here to catch some Bills games! :up:

gr8slayer
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
i have enough problems in my life without letting the future of the Bills drag me further into a deep depression.

It is what it is....enjoy the season to come. We can't control what the future holds.
:goodpost:

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Bills to Canada threads will become more rampant than Losman vs Edwards threads this season.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Don't know how many people feel the way I do...but...is it just me or does this upcoming season just not feel right? It just doesn't feel the same. I'm excited, don't get me wrong...but the whole Toronto thing is in the back of my mind.

And Schopp and Bulldog put it exactly right when they said that this relationship with the Bills is like a relationship with a man or a woman when you sense that the other person is looking to move on without you. How are you supposed to feel the same about the Bills when you know this team may not exist in the not so distant future.

In past seasons the whole "Bills moving" thing was speculation at best and there was no real concrete indication of this being true, and although it's not proven, there are tons of neon signs pointing to that very direction now. As much as Bills fans could easily put the speculation in the back of their heads, it's now front and center with the Toronto thing...not very easy to brush off.

If youre someone who can just not think about it, then more power to you, I wish I could just not think about it...I think the only thing that will make me kinda forget about it for the time being would be if they play some good football and end up winning alot of games and going to the playoffs...at that point I won't focus on the negative but on the positive for once because my team will be doing good and I'll have something to root for and get joy out of in the present than worry about another year of a crap product that will never be good again as long as their in Buffalo if they aren't winning.

Im just talking about how I feel today, but, I dont see any issue.

Toronto is a fun town, its close, and you can make a night of it. Its like having a home game at a city thats just a bit away from home.

To me it seems cool.

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Lets just start winning and maybe this will all go away

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Im just talking about how I feel today, but, I dont see any issue.

Toronto is a fun town, its close, and you can make a night of it. Its like having a home game at a city thats just a bit away from home.

To me it seems cool.

For now.. We give them one home game this year.. Next year we give them two.. The following year we split home games and before you know it the Bills have both feet in Toronto.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 06:02 PM
For now.. We give them one home game this year.. Next year we give them two.. The following year we split home games and before you know it the Bills have both feet in Toronto.

And if that happens, we pull a Cleveland, and get ourselves a new Bills team.

We are talking about years down the road, why arent we looking at the upcomin season?

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
And if that happens, we pull a Cleveland, and get ourselves a new Bills team.

We are talking about years down the road, why arent we looking at the upcomin season?

I hope we don't have to pull a Cleveland to begin with.. Sorry, I get sucked into this sort of topic easily. The Bills moving to Toronto would be a big, big mistake. Hypothetically, speaking.. If the Bills were to move to Toronto and stay there and say we do pull a Cleveland and get our own franchise again.. Can you imagine how many Canadian fans we would have lost to Toronto's new franchise? The NFL needs to be an AMERICAN league only.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I hope we don't have to pull a Cleveland to begin with.. Sorry, I get sucked into this sort of topic easily. The Bills moving to Toronto would be a big, big mistake. Hypothetically, speaking.. If the Bills were to move to Toronto and stay there and say we do pull a Cleveland and get our own franchise again.. Can you imagine how many Canadian fans we would have lost to Toronto's new franchise? The NFL needs to be an AMERICAN league only.

I dont disagree.

I only see that its out of our control.

There are a hundred little things that can happen between now and then that can head us in a new direction. So many, that its hard for me to firmly grasp this as an eventual occurence.

For example, lets list a few:

1) Ralph dies
2) The Bills make the playoffs
3) Revenue sharing gets a new deal
4) The Toronto/Bills (one game a year) method goes great for both parties
5) Canada proves that they are happy with the CFL and dont want the NFL through market data

And then, IF it STILL looks like Ralph (or other) is hell bent on moving the Bills,

1) There is a slew of high powered people that will fight it BIGTIME
2) There are a slew of people including state government officials, who will insist that the name "Bills" stays in Buffalo
3) There will immediately be many people with fortune or fame, or both that will work to bring a franchise back here ASAP

Its just a remote possibility IMO, and if it does happen, its even more remote that Buffalo is left without a team for the long haul.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 06:28 PM

I would rather spoon out my intestines with zero pain killers than root for the Cowfags.

If I was forced with losing the Bills, I would pick a new team, I love football too much.

But, if there was a glimmer of hope that Buffalo would regain a franchise, even if it wasnt called the Bills, I would remain teamless hoping for that day to come.

Michael82
04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I hate to do this, but I agree with you raphael. You know, I'm as optimistic as they come for a Buffalo Bills fan and have always laughed at the people who said we were going to lose our team. But now I see the dirty black light starting to shine right in front of my eyes. The whole purpose for the Toronto game was to draw more interest in the team and get more box holders and club seat holders, plus more fans. Now that they showed that they don't give a **** about the season ticket holders by stealing our favorite game, I can definitely see the writing on the wall. This team will be gone in the next 5 years or less and it really REALLY sucks. :mad: :(

PECKERWOOD
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I hate to do this, but I agree with you raphael. You know, I'm as optimistic as they come for a Buffalo Bills fan and have always laughed at the people who said we were going to lose our team. But now I see the dirty black light starting to shine right in front of my eyes. The whole purpose for the Toronto game was to draw more interest in the team and get more box holders and club seat holders, plus more fans. Now that they showed that they don't give a **** about the season ticket holders by stealing our favorite game, I can definitely see the writing on the wall. This team will be gone in the next 5 years or less and it really REALLY sucks. :mad: :(

If that happens, the Toronto Bills will never get any support from me.

Michael82
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
If that happens, the Toronto Bills will never get any support from me.
If that happens, the NFL can go to hell. :mad: :curse:

Tatonka
04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
get over it.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 06:54 PM
If that happens, the NFL can go to hell. :mad: :curse:

I dont know man.

How bad are the Browns fans missing Art Modells team right now?

My guess is they could care less about Art Modell, the "true" Browns team, and all that crap.

They have a team called the Browns, a team on the rise, a team thats better than Modells squad at this point IMO.

No, If Ralph moves the team and they become the Tornoto Tool Bags, Im fine with that, Im fine with waiting afew years to get a whole new Bills team back In Buffalo.

In fact, I hope its Golisano as our next onwer and that Jimbo is in on it somehow.

Just as long as he doesnt let the Bills version of Briere and Drury go in the same year.

Michael82
04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I dont know man.

How bad are the Browns fans missing Art Modells team right now?

My guess is they could care less about Art Modell, the "true" Browns team, and all that crap.

They have a team called the Browns, a team on the rise, a team thats better than Modells squad at this point IMO.

No, If Ralph moves the team and they become the Tornoto Tool Bags, Im fine with that, Im fine with waiting afew years to get a whole new Bills team back In Buffalo.

In fact, I hope its Golisano as our next onwer and that Jimbo is in on it somehow.

Just as long as he doesnt let the Bills version of Briere and Drury go in the same year.
:roflmao:

You are delusional as hell if you really believe we would get another team. Once the Buffalo Bills team leaves Western NY, especially if it goes to Toronto, Canada...there's no coming back. There's no way in hell we could support a team by ourselves and would lose a big group of fans that cross the border as they will start rooting for the Toronto team. :ill:

X-Era
04-16-2008, 07:13 PM
:roflmao:

You are delusional as hell if you really believe we would get another team. Once the Buffalo Bills team leaves Western NY, especially if it goes to Toronto, Canada...there's no coming back. There's no way in hell we could support a team by ourselves and would lose a big group of fans that cross the border as they will start rooting for the Toronto team. :ill:

Cleveland is a bigger market? How far is Cinnci from them? Better yet Pittsburgh?

Clevelands population is? 460-470 thousand

Pittsburghs population is? 334 thousand

Buffalos population is 292 thousand

There isnt that much of a difference here.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Population statistics:

Buffalo/Niagara & Metro Area - 1.2 Million
Cleveland/Akron & Metro Area - 2.9 Million
Cincinnati & Metro Area- 2.1 Million
Pittsburgh & Metro Area- 2.8 Million

Look it up.

X-Era
04-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Population statistics:

Buffalo/Niagara & Metro Area - 1.2 Million
Cleveland/Akron & Metro Area - 2.9 Million
Cincinnati & Metro Area- 2.1 Million
Pittsburgh & Metro Area- 2.8 Million

Look it up.

I did.

Your including the metro area without looking at the "regional" areas.

Whats the next decent city whne you head east from Pittsburgh again?

We have Roch, and Syracuse.

Cleveland has Akron, but how many are split between them Cinnci and Pitt?

We are the only NY NFL action outside of the city, Cleveland makes the point as does Pitt.

Cleveland probably has a tight fan base in and around Cleveland and not far from there, Pitt is the same because there isnt anything of size to the East for many many hours.

Yet, Buffalo has several Citys within 3 hours, and no real competition.

YardRat
04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
But now I see the dirty black light starting to shine right in front of my eyes.

That's gotta be right up there with 'It was a dark and stormy night...'