PDA

View Full Version : No Mike Williams at LT

HenryRules
08-25-2002, 12:15 PM
I heard a lot of talk here earlier in the season about how MW should be our starting LT. After watching last night's game, I don't think there's any chance at all that he's ready to be a starting LT. Eventually, he will be a solid LT, but he was made to look foolish a couple of times against the Colt's pass rush. If he's on the left side, that's 2 deadly sacks in one half against Drew.

John Doe
08-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Williams, like all rookies, has a lot to learn. It will take several regular season games before the O-line really comes together. Keeping him at right tackle this year was definately the prudent thing to do.

casdhf
08-25-2002, 01:59 PM
I still think the line played alot better than last season

HenryRules
08-25-2002, 03:30 PM
I agree cas. There's a ton of improvement on the line and there will hopefully be more when the left side is completely healthy and in mid-season form. I'm just saying that MW needs to stay on the right.

Bufftp
08-25-2002, 05:45 PM
I agree MW as RT is the RM.

Bert102176
08-25-2002, 09:02 PM
the OL has been getting better each game so far in this preseason and is alot better than last years

Novacane
08-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Ruben sure looked rusty!

TigerJ
08-25-2002, 11:46 PM
I think Mike Williams will give up at most 2 or 3 sacks the entire year once the regular season starts. He's getting some lessons now, but I think he'll learn from them. Still, right tackle is the right place to be right now, at least until he gets it right. You do agree with me, right?

colin
08-25-2002, 11:56 PM
He blew a couple of assignemnts, but took out some stunts and knocked the snot out of the guy in front of him several times. He is gonna hurt someone.

eyedog
08-26-2002, 08:06 AM
mike williams will have his ups and downs this year. it happend with k. walker in tampa last year. he's a rookie playing a difficult position to walk into. keeping him on the right side for this year was definitely the right move. he will keep improving and be in the pro bowl by his third year. ruben has always been way overrated in my book. so seeing his ****ty play doesn't suprise me at all.

Butch
08-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I heard a lot of talk here earlier in the season about how MW should be our starting LT. After watching last night's game, I don't think there's any chance at all that he's ready to be a starting LT. Eventually, he will be a solid LT, but he was made to look foolish a couple of times against the Colt's pass rush. If he's on the left side, that's 2 deadly sacks in one half against Drew.

Williams will struggle at times this year, 99% of rookies offensive tackles do. He will not become Orlando Pace over night.