PDA

View Full Version : I expect the Bills to trade down or take a CB.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
I miss Bill Polian. The Bills are the exact same francise I watched from 1970-1985 and I can thank Ralph Wilson. Ralph Wilson is the same guy who wanted to draft Doug Flutie over Bruce Smith and Bill Polian talked him out of it.

I don't expect this team to do anything that would require "out of the box" thinking. God forbid we actually tried to sign Chad Johnson and trade away our first pick.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 07:38 AM
I thought DE now it's cb?

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2008, 07:55 AM
He is all over the place.

Night Train
04-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Next week, it's a Punter.

PERIOD !

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Ive said all along I think DRC will be the choice at 11

alohabillsfan
04-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Derrick Harvey is the choice at 11....

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 08:12 AM
I thought DE now it's cb?

I want the Bills to take Harvey. Nothing has changed. But what I think is right for the team is irrelevant.

Try reading the post before commenting.

What I expect and what I want are two different things.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 08:13 AM
He is all over the place.

Read above.

don137
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
How I think it will play out is I think the Patriots will trade down with some team that wants either Sedrick Ellis or Matt Ryan. As a result this could help the Bills because I am not sure they Patriots would take a DB at #7. If they trade down they will definitely take a DB with their pick which means it will thin the pool out at DB so the #11 pick overall will be more attractive to someone needing a DB.

If the Bills do not trade out I would be surprised if the Bills did take a WR at #11. If they draft at #11 I think they will take a DB or Harvey. If they do trade out they will take a WR with their pick.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I want the Bills to take Harvey. Nothing has changed. But what I think is right for the team is irrelevant.

Try reading the post before commenting.

What I expect and what I want are two different things.
I'm obviously not the only one who thinks you're all over the place.

Why don't you tell us how we are drafting a rb, qb ,etc.etc. and then come back and gloat how your were right. :rolleyes:

The Jokeman
04-17-2008, 09:57 AM
How I think it will play out is I think the Patriots will trade down with some team that wants either Sedrick Ellis or Matt Ryan. As a result this could help the Bills because I am not sure they Patriots would take a DB at #7. If they trade down they will definitely take a DB with their pick which means it will thin the pool out at DB so the #11 pick overall will be more attractive to someone needing a DB.

If the Bills do not trade out I would be surprised if the Bills did take a WR at #11. If they draft at #11 I think they will take a DB or Harvey. If they do trade out they will take a WR with their pick.
I sure hope the Pats trade down but sadly think they're going to end up staying put and getting Vernon Gholston to infuse their aging defense with some youth and play a key role in their hybrid 4-3/3-4 scheme.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Next week, it's a Punter.

PERIOD !

Nah, you gotta get a waterboy!!!!

:bandwagon

MMMMMM, That's some high quality H20!!!

bigbub2352
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I really think we try and trade down HH, i agree with you 100% but if we dont find any partners, i still think we go Devin Thomas at 11, did u notice when Modrak was talking about the WRs the one he spoke about very quickly and the least about, was Devin Thomas

Now it maybe wishful thinking on my part, But it looked like he didnt want to tip his hat on how he felt about him, plus no highlights of him but some of the other ones they did have. weird!!

when they signed Will James and are returning both starters from last year, i just dont see us taking a CB or a DE with the 11th pick,

In order for this offense to start to become potent and feared across the NFL, they need to add some top prospects and let them grow with the young backfeild of TE, Lynch, Jackon,

I think we dont go CB till the 3rd and DE in the 4th this is also a deep draft for CB as well

I would luv for our 1st day to be
1. Devin Thomas WR
2. Martellus bennett TE
3. Justin King CB PSU
4. DE Tommy Blake
4. Owen Schmitt

We just got alot better

Bill Cody
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
We may well get the chance to satisfy those that want a WR or bust in the 1st. There may be teams that want a defensive player at 11 and there will still be a couple top defensive players left at 11. Personally I think we should draft defense in round 1. But if we trade down 10 slots to take Devin Thomas I'm fine with that also- just not at 11.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm obviously not the only one who thinks you're all over the place.

Why don't you tell us how we are drafting a rb, qb ,etc.etc. and then come back and gloat how your were right.

Find a post where I didn't say Harvey was the best pick.

I think everyone knows where I stand if we pick at #11.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I really think we try and trade down HH, i agree with you 100% but if we dont find any partners, i still think we go Devin Thomas at 11, did u notice when Modrak was talking about the WRs the one he spoke about very quickly and the least about, was Devin Thomas

Now it maybe wishful thinking on my part, But it looked like he didnt want to tip his hat on how he felt about him, plus no highlights of him but some of the other ones they did have. weird!!

when they signed Will James and are returning both starters from last year, i just dont see us taking a CB or a DE with the 11th pick,

In order for this offense to start to become potent and feared across the NFL, they need to add some top prospects and let them grow with the young backfeild of TE, Lynch, Jackon,

I think we dont go CB till the 3rd and DE in the 4th this is also a deep draft for CB as well

I would luv for our 1st day to be
1. Devin Thomas WR
2. Martellus bennett TE
3. Justin King CB PSU
4. DE Tommy Blake
4. Owen Schmitt

We just got alot better

Believe me that I'm resigned to the fact that we are taking a WR at #11. I don't think we will find a trading partner or have enough time if the opportunity were to present itself.

I actually think we need to take 2 WRs in this draft without a doubt.

RockStar36
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I really don't think CB is a definite need in the first round for this team.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I actually think we need to take 2 WRs in this draft without a doubt.
In what rounds?

HHURRICANE
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
In what rounds?

I'm a firm believer that the Bills need guys that can contribute, and contribute early. I would say no later than the 2nd for the first WR and no later than th 4th for the second guy.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm a firm believer that the Bills need guys that can contribute, and contribute early. I would say no later than the 2nd for the first WR and no later than th 4th for the second guy.
you do realize that Parrish and Reed were 2nd round guys who amounted to nothing but no.3 's right. Yet you expect a rookie in the 2nd to 4th round to do better with a qb who's unproven?

Lee Evans was an 13 pick who caught for 800 yards in his rookie year and yet you expect a 2nd -4th rd pick to do any better. The qb who threw to him was Drew. I doubt Trent could easily just beat Drews nos with a 2nd - 4th rd. wr.

NO TOP wr in this years draft is looking any better than Calvin Johnson and yet you expect production from and 2nd - 4th wr to do better?

Be realistic.

DrGraves
04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I think getting a pass rusher would benefit our secondary MORE than getting a cb...

bigbub2352
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
i think our pass rush is there, we need upgrades in the middle, not on the DEs as per starters, we do need to add someone to the rotation thou, would everyone want to pick a DE if Hargrove was not available?

I think not, and he was only a 2 sack a year guy for us

So why the change of heart

We need to go WR in rd 1 TE rd 2 WR rd 5

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I think getting a pass rusher would benefit our secondary MORE than getting a cb...

Are you talking about this year or years from now? Unless the DE is better than Marrio out of college, I doubt he does anything significant this year.

If want want it now, we should go FA.