Trading for Chad Johnson makes 100% sense!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Trading for Chad Johnson makes 100% sense!!

Lee Evans isn't exactly jumping to resign with us so why wait to find out that he won't be re-signing and having to draft yet another WR in next year's draft continuing the nasty cycle of needing to "draft a starter".

Chad Johnson wants a new contract. Plain and simple. I think Chad would play in Buffalo without a complaint. Sure, in a perfect world he would get paid and win a Superbowl but I haven't heard anything from him that tells me that he wouldn't play for a team like the Bills.

The Bills trade away there 1st for Chad and draft a second WR in the second who will probably be as good as any guy we were going to take at #11 anyway.

The Bills would actually save money in this scenario and get a true marquee player that brings excitement to this team who is a better player than Evans.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Trading for Chad Johnson makes 100% sense!!

Not to me.

Not a Bills type player character wise.

Does not fit our new offense....as we need physical possession types.

We are not making a run this year.

He ends up in Dallas .

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Lee Evans isn't exactly jumping to resign with us so why wait to find out that he won't be re-signing and having to draft yet another WR in next year's draft continuing the nasty cycle of needing to "draft a starter".

Chad Johnson wants a new contract. Plain and simple. I think Chad would play in Buffalo without a complaint. Sure, in a perfect world he would get paid and win a Superbowl but I haven't heard anything from him that tells me that he wouldn't play for a team like the Bills.

The Bills trade away there 1st for Chad and draft a second WR in the second who will probably be as good as any guy we were going to take at #11 anyway.

The Bills would actually save money in this scenario and get a true marquee player that brings excitement to this team who is a better player than Evans.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

If the Bills can trade for Chad they should do it.

This team needs talent.

Lee for Chad would be the best scenario.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I can't stand Chad Johnson and I really don't want a player like him on our team.

But at the same time, I'm re-thinking my earlier stance and I'm on the fence with this one. I have my doubts about the ability to get a WR in the draft who would help us this year, and if we added Johnson, WR instantly goes from a weakness to a strength. Johnson and Evans would be one of the best- if not the best- starting WR tandem in the league. And it would finally give us that marquee player we've lacked since Kelly retired.

I just don't know if it's worth his attitude.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by acehole
          Not to me.

Not a Bills type player character wise.

Does not fit our new offense....as we need physical possession types.

We are not making a run this year.

He ends up in Dallas .
          This posts sums up why the Bills continue to lose. A "Bill's type player" right now isn't winning us alot of games.

I'm glad to see that the season is over before the draft. And people call me negative.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I would trade for Chad Johnson any day!
            But I won't trade for Ocho Cinco.

Unfortunately, Ocho Cinco comes with Chad Johnson... so no thanks!

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

If we were 1 player away from making a serious run, I'd do it in a hearbeat.

Problem is we're still a few players (and possibly a few years) from making a run at the SB, -meaning we'd have to deal with the headaches from his attitude.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I can't stand Chad Johnson and I really don't want a player like him on our team.

But at the same time, I'm re-thinking my earlier stance and I'm on the fence with this one. I have my doubts about the ability to get a WR in the draft who would help us this year, and if we added Johnson, WR instantly goes from a weakness to a strength. Johnson and Evans would be one of the best- if not the best- starting WR tandem in the league. And it would finally give us that marquee player we've lacked since Kelly retired.

I just don't know if it's worth his attitude.
                Great post and sad commentary. The Bills need a WR and the best one is definately out there for a trade. I was listening to Peter King this AM and there is no doubt that he is getting traded.

God forbid if the Bills could actually have one of the best WR tandems in the league.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Great post and sad commentary. The Bills need a WR and the best one is definately out there for a trade. I was listening to Peter King this AM and there is no doubt that he is getting traded.

God forbid if the Bills could actually have one of the best WR tandems in the league.
                  This Bills fan was all for bringing TO, Moss, and Chad in.

Nobody would care how Chad acts when he is standing in the endzone with the ball. Johnson would be the best selling Bills jersey.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                    I would trade for Chad Johnson any day!
                    But I won't trade for Ocho Cinco.

Unfortunately, Ocho Cinco comes with Chad Johnson... so no thanks!
                    With the way the NFL is today and the nature of the position that if we want a great player there is most likely going to be some "headaches" that come with him.

Chad is not Willis McGahee.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      This Bills fan was all for bringing TO, Moss, and Chad in.

Nobody would care how Chad acts when he is standing in the endzone with the ball. Johnson would be the best selling Bills jersey.
                      If the Bills signed him tommorrow there wouldn't be one poster here bringing up his character.

This board has been conditioned for years to accept the Bills excuses for not bringing in winners.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

What's the difference between Chad's personality and Bruce Smith's?
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BigGabes23
                          • Mar 2006

Come on guys... It obviously makes complete sense on paper, but there is NO WAY this happens. Do you really think he wants to come to Buffalo.

I don't see Cinci trading him for a late first rounder. They only teams I can see him going to would be San Dieago or Jacksonville.

I still say that Cinci does not trade him at all.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

On one hand, his running of the mouth will be a distraction to the young team we're trying to build.

On the other hand, a Chad Johnson type attention hogger will attract a lot of media attention, putting the Bills on the national spotlight. For a team trying to increase fanbase, it may not be a bad thing.

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

I would take Chad in a NY second! Yes he can be over the top, but he has kept his nose pretty clean on a team full over criminals. What is all this talk about, "with the headaches from his attitude, a player like him, not a Bills type player character wise"? What headaches, character, or attitude problems, this guy has been one of the best WR in the game the last 4 years and without the "off the field problems" God forgbid the Bills have a player on this team with any personality!!! I think the Bills of the 90's were full of players a lot like chad!
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X