PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! I just saw Jordy Nelson Highlites.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
This guy has overachiever written all over him. This kid has mad skills! Love his passion and never give up on a play attitude. I wouldn't mind if the Bills overlook Thomas or Sweed and get this guy. He's good, scary good!!! He's the complete package. DRAFT HIM!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Calm down, its a highlight video for a reason, it doesnt show you much at all

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
:rofl:

"Jordy, Thanks for not sucking like everyone else did."

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Won't happen. White guys are brought in to play DE on this team although I wouldn't be pissed if we broke the rule this time. Anything to help Trent.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Calm down, its a highlight video for a reason, it doesnt show you much at all

That's why I hate highlite reels. Everyone's sooooo good!!!

:oops:

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Won't happen. White guys are brought in to play DE on this team.

Ouch!!!

ddaryl
04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought that was a more impressive highlight reel then Sweed's or Thomas'

he could very well be the man if we go a different route in rd #1. Might have to trade back up a few slots from our 2nd to get him. I believe there will be a huge run on WR's through the end of rd #1 and the beginning of rd #2

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Height: 6-2 5/8 | Weight: 217 | 40-Time: 4.51

Strengths:
Has excellent size and bulk with a solid frame...Very productive...Has soft, reliable hands...Shows terrific body control and ball skills...He's more quick than fast...Can run after the catch a bit...Smart, hard working and tough...Still has a little upside.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great timed speed and lacks a burst...Is not much of a deep threat and won't stretch the field vertically...Is just a slightly above average blocker...Still relatively new to the position & must work on mastering its techniques / nuances.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/jordynelson.html

I can live with that. Tall strong target, not slow by any means at 4.5 40, sure-handed, good ethics, etc. His highlights show that he plays even bigger than he is. We don't need him to be the burner to stretch the field, that's what Lee and Roscoe are for.

Take him.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I thought that was a more impressive highlight reel then Sweed's or Thomas'

he could very well be the man if we go a different route in rd #1. Might have to trade back up a few slots from our 2nd to get him. I believe there will be a huge run on WR's through the end of rd #1 and the beginning of rd #2

He shows a lot more of the little things you need to be a fine WR. One handed catches, tiptoe skills, great concentration on the ball when tackled, blocking and sacraficing himself for another player. Anyone can run, a 4.4 and big a big physical receiver, but you have the fundamentals, nooks and crannies if you will.

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I have as the #13 WR prospect;

13. Jordy Nelson-Kansas State
6’2, 217lbs, 4.51
Pros:
-Size
-Hands
-Route Running
-Intelligence

Cons:
-One Good Year
-Acceleration
-Top Speed
-Durability

Overall:
Nelson shocked the college football world this past year with his production. He was the man at K-state, and while their system really helped out his numbers, a lot of that was on Nelson. He torched top CB prospect Aqib Talib in their match up. Nelson will never be the most athletic player but he uses his smarts and route running ability to beat players to the ball, and his hands are like super glue.

Yes this is my write up not from another site.

Devin
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I like Nelson a lot, great fit as a #2.

Check out the draft forums a few mocks in there with him coming to us.

bigbub2352
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
i think we mite be had in the 3rd round depending on the rush of WRs after the TOp 5 are gone

i like him alot and reminds me of Joe Jervicous

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 11:59 AM
He's a late 3rd-4th Round WR not a 2nd round guy at least imo.

Devin
04-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I have as the #13 WR prospect;

Yes this is my write up not from another site.

Which is exactly what we need, a big physical, sure-handed WR.

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Which is exactly what we need, a big physical, sure-handed WR.

Thing I like about him other than the size and hands, is his intelligence. He finds the soft spots in the zone, and he blocks too.

Devin
04-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Thing I like about him other than the size and hands, is his intelligence. He finds the soft spots in the zone, and he blocks too.

Well and imo he still has plenty of upside, I dont think hes maxed out yet at all.

I dont think hes ever gonna be a probowler or anything but as I said to you, a sure, steady guy who will give you 700-900 a year. Which is exactly what we are missing.

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Well and imo he still has plenty of upside, I dont think hes maxed out yet at all.

I dont think hes ever gonna be a probowler or anything but as I said to you, a sure, steady guy who will give you 700-900 a year. Which is exactly what we are missing.

He'd be a nice addition in Rd 3 or 4

Devin
04-17-2008, 12:05 PM
He'd be a nice addition in Rd 3 or 4

Id agree with that :up:

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I like Nelson a lot, great fit as a #2.

Check out the draft forums a few mocks in there with him coming to us.
a can see him being a huge target up the middle in the mid range throws. He could be this teams Dallas Clark playing wr.

L.A. Playa
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
sounds like a white Josh Reed

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Will one of you two, please change your damn avatar before I do.

And, unless you both want Richard Simmons avatars, you should make the change.

hydro
04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
sounds like a white Josh Reed

except 4 inches taller...

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
except 4 inches taller...

And faster.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
And, unless you both want Richard Simmons avatars, you should make the change.I agree. :couch:

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Faster than Reed? I think so.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo&feature=related

:oops:

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:18 PM

Im a little busy over here with this whole Draft Guide thing, if you want to change it for me, then go ahead and Ill donate the ZB's it would cost me to a new member.

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/3/35/NFLdraft2008.PNG/200px-NFLdraft2008.PNG

Thats what I want

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Who?

hydro
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Who?

Draftboy, Playa and Devin...

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Who?

Devin and I

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Im a little busy over here with this whole Draft Guide thing, if you want to change it for me, then go ahead and Ill donate the ZB's it would cost me to a new member.

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/3/35/NFLdraft2008.PNG/200px-NFLdraft2008.PNG

Thats what I want
I'll take care of it. :up:

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Lecter Im going to kick your ass

hydro
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
:rofl:

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Its ok see his user title

Jeff1220
04-17-2008, 12:40 PM

It would be nice to get that out of our #1.

justasportsfan
04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Nice. It's sooo draftboy . :snicker:

gr8slayer
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
This is what's wrong with so many people here, Youtube football highlights have just killed people's football know how.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
This is what's wrong with so many people here, Youtube football highlights have just killed people's football know how.

The good thing is that you don't have to rely on ESPN and you can take more time to break down and come up with your own thoughts on a potential draftee. The world doesn't revolve around the ESPN, you know.

:respect:

gr8slayer
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
The good thing is that you don't have to rely on ESPN and you can take more time to break down and come up with your own thoughts on a potential draftee. The world doesn't revolve around the ESPN, you know.

:respect:
That's my point, too many people rely on Youtube, ESPN, etc.... instead of actually getting their hands on game film and doing their own research.

The last buffalo fan
White men can't jump...............but they can catch and run!!! :xtreme:

justasportsfan
it also gives those of us who don't follow college football some perspective on draftee's. we also have guys like draftboy, Mystic ,Devin ,Tat, NE39 etc. to shed some light over these highlights.

blackonyx89
04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
it also gives those of us who don't follow college football some perspective on draftee's. we also have guys like draftboy, Mystic ,Devin ,Tat, NE39 etc. to shed some light over these highlights.

YouTube also give you insights as far as what they're personalities are, be it a
positive vibe or negative.

Gunzlingr
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Well the jumping hipbump convinced me!

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Lecter Im going to kick your ass

I swear to God I did not do that. I have been in meetings the last 2 hours and have no photoshop ability.

That being said, I am laughing my ass off.

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I'll take care of it. :up:
I told you DB I'd take care of you. :up:

DraftBoy
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
I told you DB I'd take care of you. :up:

So you're getting the ass kicking then!

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2008, 02:40 PM

You and Richard can beat him up together!

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
But it's just so....you.

Oaf
04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Here's a few other solid options we can get even later than Nelson!

Paul Hubbard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRcwhwiQ6Y (Highlights)

Jerome Simpson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-8hdAtabE (Draftguys breakdown)

DrGraves
04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
6'2'' isn't big enough for me. I want a freak show.

cookie G
04-17-2008, 11:46 PM

But at least the music blended in well with the video.

So what's your take on him Slayer?

I've watched him about a dozen times in the last 2 years, and I might be a homer, but I like what I see. always have.

I've got concerns about his ability to create separation in the NFL, but I've got the same concerns with Sweed and Kelly.

What I like about him..

consistency...last year, the least amount of yards he had in a game was 82. He's not a guy that gets 200 yards in one game and shut out the next. People can call it the system, but on the other hand, everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he still got open...alot.

In his senior year, he went against Talib, Patrick Lee of Auburn, Wheatley of Colorado, the entire Texas defensive backfield, and no one shut him down.

RAC I think of the big receivers, he's got the best RAC ability of anyone not named Devin Thomas. His cuts aren't the sharpest, but his vision is. He seems to make his cut a split second quicker than other guys, and knows exactly where he's going. That trait probably applies as much to his route running as it does to his RAC ability. My only concern is that little side shimmy that he does after a comeback route. I don't know how well its going to work in the NFL.

Ability to find a soft spot in a zone- on the evil Youtube highlights, there are a number of shots of him making a catch within a..oh, 10 yard circle or square, between zones. He does that alot. He's smart enough to know where the soft spot is going to be.

Hands- as good as anyone's in the draft..easily.

His leaping ability isn't going to be what a Sweed or a Hardy's is going to be, but he definitely has the ability to wall off a defender, as he's done on numerous occasions. He should win his fair share of jump balls, just not as many as Sweed or Hardy.

Attitude, it should go without saying. Beyond reproach. Ron Prince was fond of saying..."if you want to play like a champion, practice like Jordy Nelson.' But more importantly, the guy comes from a tiny farming community. Small town, small school. Normally, you can expect a guy like that, when they get into a Big time conference like the Big 12, to be a bit fazed by the difference between playing in front of a few hundred people to 50-70 thousand. It never fazed him.

Since everyone wants a possession receiver, I'd be looking for a guy that's going to get open on a consistent basis, who's not going to drop the ball on a crucial third down, and who's going to be able to run after the catch. The worst "possession" receiver you can have is a guy who's going to disappear in half his games. I don't see that in him. And...I think he's going to get open deep a few times.

That's my take. I think he's got a good shot at being a good player on Sundays.

blackonyx89
04-18-2008, 08:05 AM

I've watched him about a dozen times in the last 2 years, and I might be a homer, but I like what I see. always have.

I've got concerns about his ability to create separation in the NFL, but I've got the same concerns with Sweed and Kelly.

What I like about him..

consistency...last year, the least amount of yards he had in a game was 82. He's not a guy that gets 200 yards in one game and shut out the next. People can call it the system, but on the other hand, everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he still got open...alot.

In his senior year, he went against Talib, Patrick Lee of Auburn, Wheatley of Colorado, the entire Texas defensive backfield, and no one shut him down.

RAC I think of the big receivers, he's got the best RAC ability of anyone not named Devin Thomas. His cuts aren't the sharpest, but his vision is. He seems to make his cut a split second quicker than other guys, and knows exactly where he's going. That trait probably applies as much to his route running as it does to his RAC ability. My only concern is that little side shimmy that he does after a comeback route. I don't know how well its going to work in the NFL.

Ability to find a soft spot in a zone- on the evil Youtube highlights, there are a number of shots of him making a catch within a..oh, 10 yard circle or square, between zones. He does that alot. He's smart enough to know where the soft spot is going to be.

His leaping ability isn't going to be what a Sweed or a Hardy's is going to be, but he definitely has the ability to wall off a defender, as he's done on numerous occasions. He should win his fair share of jump balls, just not as many as Sweed or Hardy.

Attitude, it should go without saying. Beyond reproach. Ron Prince was fond of saying..."if you want to play like a champion, practice like Jordy Nelson.' But more importantly, the guy comes from a tiny farming community. Small town, small school. Normally, you can expect a guy like that, when they get into a Big time conference like the Big 12, to be a bit fazed by the difference between playing in front of a few hundred people to 50-70 thousand. It never fazed him.

Since everyone wants a possession receiver, I'd be looking for a guy that's going to get open on a consistent basis, who's not going to drop the ball on a crucial third down, and who's going to be able to run after the catch. The worst "possession" receiver you can have is a guy who's going to disappear in half his games. I don't see that in him. And...I think he's going to get open deep a few times.

He's like the Tom Brady rookie of this year WR draft prospects. Overlooked, but you see tons of potential!!! Overachiever and has heart for sure!!!!

:bandwagon

Tatonka
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
thats a great ****ing write up. nice job.

What I like about him..

chernobylwraiths
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
He sounds like a giant Wes Welker

Ingtar33
04-24-2008, 09:23 PM
wow...

This is why i miss scouting. i searched youtube for a few other of his highlights, and some k-state stuff.

never really watched him at all last season, now i wish i had.

From what i could see off of just 10 minutes of youtube videos... he has great hands, good balance, and fights TO the football, he doesn't wait for it to come to him. i wasn't thrilled with his routs, but then he seemed to get open so it's not that big a problem. He's deceptively fast. I saw a number of highlights with him running right past CBs who i know clocked faster then him in the 40. Because of his track and field background, he runs in control, making him look slower then he is.

a huge plus... he doesn't "jump" to catch the ball unless he has to, he keeps his feet on the ground and runs through the catch, that will make him a deadly weapon across the middle in the NFL.

good size. looked like a solid punt returner as well, patient, following blocks.

damn. what a steal if we could land him in the middle 2nd.

From what I've seen of the other "top" wr prospects this year, he's easily in the top 5... and depending on some intangibles, i could see him land in the late 1st.

he looks like Josh Reed did in college, only bigger... and a bit faster.

what i like is his toughness. he didn't "go down" like a lot of WRs do when he sees a hit coming (again, note, this is all based on watching 7 youtube videos... :P ).

Mitchell55
04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
This guy has overachiever written all over him. This kid has mad skills! Love his passion and never give up on a play attitude. I wouldn't mind if the Bills overlook Thomas or Sweed and get this guy. He's good, scary good!!! He's the complete package. DRAFT HIM!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw

He looks a little like a fast tight end whos skinny. If he gain 60 pounds and more mustle, he would be a good TE. But, the bad thing is, he reminds me of Matt Jones. All you saw of Matt Jones were these amazing catches and he was huge, in the NFL he couldnt do anything.

Tatonka
04-25-2008, 12:10 AM
yeah.. he is definately growing on me. if he is our 2nd round pick, i will cheer.

Marvelous
04-25-2008, 01:38 AM
We, meaning my wife and i are hoping to see us draft Jamie Silva or Jordy for obvious reasons... :):):)
--Jordy is ranked kinda high for a white wide-out IMO.. my trusty mag has him @#10... Kansas state lol...
--Kinda OT but what are the rankings for white guys at positions NOT dominated by white guys. Like RB ,&, CB? Still waiting for The Great White Hope@ RB..Something tells me it's gonna be a looong wait :smile: