PDA

View Full Version : Who Do YOU think will be the BPA at #11

patmoran2006
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I am NOT ASKING who the BIlls will take at 11.. or who the Bills SHOULD take at 11. I'm asking, who do you think will be the BEST AVAILABLE player on the board when the Bills pick at #11.

Basically, Im saying the best player in the draft that doesn't go in the Top 10.

At this point, my vote is going to go to Keith Rivers, LB..

Of course, for that to happen I should show how I think the Top 10 will play out, as of now.
1- Miami- Jake Long
2- Rams- Chris Long
3- Atlanta- Glen Dorsey
4- Raiders- Darren McFadden
5- KC- Vernon Gholsten
6- Jets- Derrick Harvey (PRIME candidate to trade down, or up to Oakland at #4)
7- NE- Albert
8- Baltimore- Matt Ryan
9- Cinci- Sedrick Ellis
10- New Orleands- Leodis McKelvin.

left: Rivers, DRC.

BigGabes23
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I am not sure it falls like this, but at this point, I would Say Claddy or Mendenhall are the best players on the board. I am not sold on Rivers at all, but I think he will go 10 to NOS.

Mitchy moo
04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Harvey.

Dr. Lecter
04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
You really think NE skips over help on the defense (CB, DT, or LB)?

I dunno Pat.....

patmoran2006
04-17-2008, 04:09 PM

I dunno Pat.....
Logically, no...... But they may be VERY tempted to take Albert and solidify that OL even more.. He may be too good to pass up.

I actually think they would trade out of the pick before taking Rivers or any of the corners at 7.

I COULD see them taking Albert, Sedrick Ellis or Harvey (I'm not even counting Gholsten, he'll be gone)-- though I'm not sure Harvey would be a great fit for them.

To move down, you need a partner willing to move up. I think if McFadden some how falls to #7, a team really wants Matt Ryan ahead of Baltimore, or someone really wants Albert over the next tier of OL, those are the three scenarios someone would move into NE's spot for.. But definitely not CB or Rivers.

YardRat
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Dorsey or Ellis.

PECKERWOOD
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM

I dunno Pat.....

I could see Belichick passing on Rivers. Shefter said on NFL Network that since his time in New England, Belichick has spent no higher than a 5th round pick on LB's.

Michael82
04-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Dorsey or Ellis.
I could definitely see one of those two sliding, especially if Albert moves up into the top 10.

Luisito23
04-18-2008, 01:56 AM
I wish Mikey, but it will never happen....

Yasgur's Farm
04-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Rashard Mendenhall

Mahdi
04-18-2008, 06:35 AM
DRC and Ryan will be available.... I really doubt the Ravens take Ryan. The Ravens have a win now or never team that is built on an aging defense. They dont have the luxury of waiting around for a rookie QB. I think they will take whoever they feel will have the most immediate impact on their team. Ellis, Gholston, Mckelvin, Albert. Actually if KC doensnt draft Albert which is my prediction because I think Albert would give them the next Willie Roaf, then I think Baltimore would take him and be very happy about it.

Scumbag College
04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Ryan Clady is the BPA on that board. He has franchise LT written all over him.

DraftBoy
04-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Clady
Otah
DRC
Albert

Mr. Pink
04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Keith Rivers.

yordad
04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
DRC, I don't watch linemen much. :idunno:

ScottLawrence
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Harvey and Albert.....Maybe Ellis.

I wouldn't mind any of the 3.

mayotm
04-18-2008, 05:58 PM
DRC, I don't watch linemen much. :idunno:At least you admit it. We've got people posting here who act like they watch hours of film on offensive linemen.

Night Train
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I'll be happy with whoever we pick in Round 1.

The Draft is 7 rounds long and currently we have 10 picks. Modrak is a sharp guy. Let the process play out. I see talent everywhere.

casdhf
04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
This draft doesn't seem to have 10 top prospects. I think the top 3 or 4 guys will be gone by the time we pick.

coastal
04-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll be happy with whoever we pick in Round 1.

The Draft is 7 rounds long and currently we have 10 picks. Modrak is a sharp guy. Let the process play out. I see talent everywhere.You're so calm and under control.

Pick someone already.

I pick Harvey.

That wasn't too hard.

yordad
04-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Harvey and Albert.....Maybe Ellis.

I wouldn't mind any of the 3.
You're so calm and under control.

Pick someone already.

I pick Harvey.

That wasn't too hard.:headscrat All of those guys are gone in the given scenario.

coastal
04-18-2008, 10:30 PM
The scenario sucks.

kernowboy
04-19-2008, 04:23 AM
I see it as follows:

1. MIAMI - Chris Long ..... Ireland made the mistake of indicating it would be a pick of defence

2. STL - Gholston ..... Their ends are getting older

3. ATL - Jake Long .... for obvious reasons

4. OAK - McFadden ... simply because they invested heavily in the DL

5. KC - Dorsey .... they really need help on the DL

6. NYJ - McKelvin ... nothing to grab but they'll try to finish their secondary. They were interested in Samuel so clearly feel it needs fixing

7. NE - Albert ... I agree with Pat, it wasn't their D that was the problem it was their OL. Belichick has never drafted a DB before R3 or a LB before R5

8. BAL - Ryan .... With only Smith and Boller on the roster, its the clear choice

9. CIN - Ellis .... because they clearly want a DT

10. NO - Rivers .... simply because despite adding Vilma their LB Corps are awful and not a CB as they have a lot of money invested in David, McKenzie and now Gay

11. BUF

Their BPA here becomes Rogers-Cromartie or Jenkins, Clady or Otah or Williams, Harvey, Meadenhall.

I don't think there is a single WR who justifies a top 20 selection.

Personally I would trade the No11 to the Eagles for their No19 and No80 picks. The Eagles clearly like and need Harvey.

I would then trade the No19 to the Falcons for their No34 and No48 picks as the Falcons will be tempted to move up to grab Brohm who was excellent at his pro-day ahead of the Bucs who are interested.

With 3 selections in R2 we should be able to grab a WR in Hardy or Kelly, a CB in Cason or King and a TE in Davis, Bennett or Carlson, or even a luxury selection leaving the TE to Day2. All will be starters very very quickly.

Either way with such a deep draft in the positions we need to look at trading down as there will be starters available deep into Day2.

As for the DE, I really think Trevor Scott could become our Mark Anderson at the least and if we are extremely lucky a future Jared Allen who was drafted late in R4 in 2004.

yordad
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
If we got the number 19 pick, I wouldn't trade out. We would probably have our pick of all WRs. Other wise we might end up with 12 more backups. I want an impact, immediate starter at WR, no doubt about it. If we could finagle a starter at CB it would be a bonus.

With our existing picks, it is plausible we could get immediate starters at TE in the third, FB in any round (including undrafted, but preferably Schmitt in the 4th), an eventual starting center in the 5th, and still possibly find a CB upgrade with our position in the 2nd.

I think the worst case scenario would be being in the 19th spot with your pick of the receiving litter, but trading back to the second round, and watching Hardy, Sweed, Kelly, and Thomas all get picked in the twenties. I would be punching myself in the face. And, I think it would be a greedy move where the risk outweights the reward.

That said, trading with the Eagles, and getting Lito and their first in exchange for our 1st, sounds really ideal.