• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Houshmandzadeh: "If he's not traded, it's going to be a problem"

Get him in Buffalo!!

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said Thursday it would be best if the Cincinnati Bengals and disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson parted ways.

Houshmandzadeh

"If he's not traded, it's going to be a problem," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN's Bob Holtzman.
    Houshmandzadeh told ESPN he talked with both Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer on Wednesday after Johnson demanded to be traded by Cincinnati.
    Houshmandzadeh said Johnson reiterated to him: "I'm not playing."
    "I think eventually he'll show up, but then you have to worry about how much of a distraction he'll be," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN.
    Johnson said Wednesday that he wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengals functions -- mandatory or voluntary.
    What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by Palmer that indicated Johnson had told the quarterback he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.
    "I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''
    Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.
    "I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson told ESPN.com. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''
    Houshmandzadeh told ESPN that Johnson spent most of the past few months not returning Palmer's phone calls. Houshmandzadeh said Palmer and Johnson have talked a few times recently.
    Houshmandzadeh, who said he's talked to Johnson more this offseason than ever, revealed to ESPN that Johnson started talking about wanting out of Cincinnati during last season.
    He said the Bengals are in a no-win situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Houshmandzadeh: "If he's not traded, it's going to be a problem"

My previous job was horrible.. My manager was such a jerk and was honestly the most corrupt, decietful, dishonest and unloyal person I've ever met in my life. I can't judge CJ for what's going on, he could be the problem in Cincinatti or there could be people there that are really mistreating him and trying to make his life horrible. I'm not sure what the deal is but I wish him the best. Part of me would be pissed if 85 was ever brought to Buffalo because of the drama and baggage that comes with him. The only way I would ever support 85 in Buffalo is if he kept his mouth shut and if he does what he does best, torch CB's and play football.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Why would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo? If he's not happy in Cincy, why would he be happy here?

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
        Why would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo? If he's not happy in Cincy, why would he be happy here?
        Makes me wish the XFL handn't gone under.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

get him
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Somebody is going to end up with a really decent WR that puts fans in the seats.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by helmetguy
              Makes me wish the XFL handn't gone under.

Yep, I'd love to get him but if he isn't happy with Carson Palmer throwing to him and TJ Hooshmazoo lined up oppostite of him, I don't think he would thrilled to play for a pitiful offense and a young guy like Edwards.

But then again, Buffalo is closer to the playoffs than cincy, so maybe he'd wouldn't mind it too much.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Even when he's happy, he' a total Me, Me, Me guy. I hate his ego-fed, attention- grabbing end zone rituals, his stupid HOF jacket and all of his other crap. And when he's unhappy, he's even a bigger jerk.

I just don't care to watch players like Ocho Stinko. Of course, if he were to come to the Bills, I would root for him to have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 30 TDs.

But I would still dislike his personality.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Even when he's happy, he' a total Me, Me, Me guy. I hate his ego-fed, attention- grabbing end zone rituals, his stupid HOF jacket and all of his other crap. And when he's unhappy, he's even a bigger jerk.

I just don't care to watch players like Ocho Stinko. Of course, if he were to come to the Bills, I would root for him to have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 30 TDs.

But I would still dislike his personality.

I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense. With him and Lee, ML on the field our opponents will be concerned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                    I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense. With him and Lee, ML on the field our opponents will be concerned.
                    As long as we keep him happy, which means he has to be at the center of EVERYTHING.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      As long as we keep him happy, which means he has to be at the center of EVERYTHING.

Personally, I feel we need someone to become the center of our offense. We haven't had that happen in way too long.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                        I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense.
                        and when did we become ghetto fabulous?

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

For those complaining Buffalo doesn't get enough attention, I think CJ might just solve that problem.

I'm onboard with Jan because I really don't like the way he represents himself... but imagine CJ and Evans as a #2?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

The other thread can die now. If we are gonna trade for a player with his caliber, get one that's has proven nos. with a proven high character record.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Somebody is going to end up with a really decent WR that puts fans in the seats.
                              Pretty much. Too bad people only focus on the negative nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X