PDA

View Full Version : Houshmandzadeh: "If he's not traded, it's going to be a problem"

Mitchy moo
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Get him in Buffalo!!

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5652) said Thursday it would be best if the Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin) and disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5483) parted ways.

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/mugs/65x90/2753.jpg Houshmandzadeh

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->
"If he's not traded, it's going to be a problem," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN's Bob Holtzman.
Houshmandzadeh told ESPN he talked with both Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6337) on Wednesday after Johnson demanded to be traded by Cincinnati.
Houshmandzadeh said Johnson reiterated to him: "I'm not playing."
"I think eventually he'll show up, but then you have to worry about how much of a distraction he'll be," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN.
Johnson said Wednesday that he wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengals functions -- mandatory or voluntary.
What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by Palmer that indicated Johnson had told the quarterback he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.
"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''
Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.
"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson told ESPN.com. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''
Houshmandzadeh told ESPN that Johnson spent most of the past few months not returning Palmer's phone calls. Houshmandzadeh said Palmer and Johnson have talked a few times recently.
Houshmandzadeh, who said he's talked to Johnson more this offseason than ever, revealed to ESPN that Johnson started talking about wanting out of Cincinnati during last season.
He said the Bengals are in a no-win situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518)

PECKERWOOD
04-17-2008, 06:23 PM
My previous job was horrible.. My manager was such a jerk and was honestly the most corrupt, decietful, dishonest and unloyal person I've ever met in my life. I can't judge CJ for what's going on, he could be the problem in Cincinatti or there could be people there that are really mistreating him and trying to make his life horrible. I'm not sure what the deal is but I wish him the best. Part of me would be pissed if 85 was ever brought to Buffalo because of the drama and baggage that comes with him. The only way I would ever support 85 in Buffalo is if he kept his mouth shut and if he does what he does best, torch CB's and play football.

Ed
04-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Why would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo? If he's not happy in Cincy, why would he be happy here?

helmetguy
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Why would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo? If he's not happy in Cincy, why would he be happy here?

Makes me wish the XFL handn't gone under.

Tatonka
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
get him

YardRat
04-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Somebody is going to end up with a really decent WR that puts fans in the seats.

DrGraves
04-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Makes me wish the XFL handn't gone under.

Yep, I'd love to get him but if he isn't happy with Carson Palmer throwing to him and TJ Hooshmazoo lined up oppostite of him, I don't think he would thrilled to play for a pitiful offense and a young guy like Edwards.

But then again, Buffalo is closer to the playoffs than cincy, so maybe he'd wouldn't mind it too much.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Even when he's happy, he' a total Me, Me, Me guy. I hate his ego-fed, attention- grabbing end zone rituals, his stupid HOF jacket and all of his other crap. And when he's unhappy, he's even a bigger jerk.

I just don't care to watch players like Ocho Stinko. Of course, if he were to come to the Bills, I would root for him to have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 30 TDs.

But I would still dislike his personality.

Mitchy moo
04-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Even when he's happy, he' a total Me, Me, Me guy. I hate his ego-fed, attention- grabbing end zone rituals, his stupid HOF jacket and all of his other crap. And when he's unhappy, he's even a bigger jerk.

I just don't care to watch players like Ocho Stinko. Of course, if he were to come to the Bills, I would root for him to have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 30 TDs.

But I would still dislike his personality.

I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense. With him and Lee, ML on the field our opponents will be concerned.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2008, 07:52 AM
I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense. With him and Lee, ML on the field our opponents will be concerned.
As long as we keep him happy, which means he has to be at the center of EVERYTHING.

Mitchy moo
04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
As long as we keep him happy, which means he has to be at the center of EVERYTHING.

Personally, I feel we need someone to become the center of our offense. We haven't had that happen in way too long.

FlyingDutchman
04-18-2008, 08:31 AM
I respect his game, the cat can ball and we really need help on the offense.

and when did we become ghetto fabulous?

madness
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
For those complaining Buffalo doesn't get enough attention, I think CJ might just solve that problem.

I'm onboard with Jan because I really don't like the way he represents himself... but imagine CJ and Evans as a #2? :drool:

justasportsfan
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
The other thread can die now. If we are gonna trade for a player with his caliber, get one that's has proven nos. with a proven high character record.

Bill Brasky
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Somebody is going to end up with a really decent WR that puts fans in the seats.

Pretty much. Too bad people only focus on the negative nowadays.

Jeff1220
04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think CJ's problem is with Palmer, or Housh..., or even the system. I really think that he and Marvin Lewis don't like each other. Just my opinion based on the stuff that's gone down there over the past year and a half.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Ocho Cinco would definitely be an upgrade at the number 1 WR position and put Evans into a role more fitting of his abilities, the number 2.

Not too mention 85 sells tickets, sells merch and would make Buffalo football matter around the NFL.

justasportsfan
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Pretty much. Too bad people only focus on the negative nowadays.
or maybe we just don't ingore the negatives and think it outweighs the positives? If we didn't have to make a trade and give anything up then I say go for it. But if we do, I'd rather trade for someone else.

DrGraves
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
or maybe we just don't ingore the negatives and think it outweighs the positives? If we didn't have to make a trade and give anything up then I say go for it. But if we do, I'd rather trade for someone else.

i don't think the negatives outweight the face that he is one of the best wr's in the nfl.

justasportsfan
04-18-2008, 02:40 PM
i don't think the negatives outweight the face that he is one of the best wr's in the nfl.

It does if you have to give up something for someone with issues when you can give up something for someone without issues.

I'd rather make a trade for the other "one of the best " wrs out there.

Ed
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't think there's any chance Buffalo even considers trading for CJ, but if they did, I'd be willing to bet most of the people on here would hate him within 3 years.

I can already see all the "Screw CJ!!!" threads.

justasportsfan
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't think there's any chance Buffalo even considers trading for CJ, but if they did, I'd be willing to bet most of the people on here would hate him within 3 years.

I can already see all the "Screw CJ!!!" threads.

WORD! Some people are already tired of Evans.

Ed
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
WORD! Some people are already tired of Evans.
Seriously, I was going to say, just look at the way people reacted to Evans standing up for JP last season. Or how everyone turned there backs on Moulds for getting frustrated with our losing ways.

Does anyone honestly think CJ gives a **** about the Bills or Buffalo? He'd be as popular as McGahee by the end of this season. Why do people want a guy like that infecting our team?

Wouldn't you rather see the Bills use their draft picks to continue grabbing guys like Lynch, Poz, and Edwards?

justasportsfan
04-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Seriously, I was going to say, just look at the way people reacted to Evans standing up for JP last season. Or how everyone turned there backs on Moulds for getting frustrated with our losing ways.

Does anyone honestly think CJ gives a **** about the Bills or Buffalo? He'd be as popular as McGahee by the end of this season. Why do people want a guy like that infecting our team?

Wouldn't you rather see the Bills use their draft picks to continue grabbing guys like Lynch, Poz, and Edwards?

No truer words have been spoken .

Spiderweb
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Correct. I'll add that just the thought of that clown pulling his endzone garbage, or sideline "yellow" jacket routine in a Bills Uni, makes me want to regurgitate.

By the way, let us not forget his Impressive (right) game he had against us last year, a game that he quit on.......