X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

I OBD has any luck we trade down to the #15 pick

Some would say that 15 is a reach for Sweed but I really don't give a s*** what anyone would think if we took Sweed with #11. Honestly, if a player is within 8 picks of where we are picking and you feel he is a good fit and know he won't be there with pick number 2 then piss on the critics...take him!

I really don't like the idea of taking BPA at #11 just to save face and then not get a player we really could use for a position of drastic NEED.

Go with our NEED, pick SWEED!

I've waffled on the WR pick and who I would like us to get but Sweed shows the best value for that position in round 1. He is the safest talent wise and mentally. He's mature, hard working, stays out of trouble and determined. I wouldn't mind this draft playing out for us by filling positions of need over BPA. Within reason!

We trade down around #15 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder and continue to fill needs in the remaining rounds with value.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Re: I OBD has any luck we trade down to the #15 pick

sweed is by far the most NFL ready reciever in this draft
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

The more I think about it Sweed has been playing on the highest level for the longest time. He has the size, speed, and has been producing for one of the top football programs for a couple of years now.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

When listening to him talk he reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison. I'm not career wise making any comparison but he reminds me of Marvin when listening to him.

We can only hope.
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Spot #19 is the first place a WR will be drafted this year.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

I think we should definitely take sweed. I can see him turning into an eric moulds type guy who produces for our organization (or toronto's) for a long time. With a big target like sweed, alot of attention is going to be taken off lee evans and he'll be able to get open deep much more often.

Comment

You often read about college WRs being the most ready to play in the NFL and when they actually get drafted, the reality is somewhat different.

There is no way we should reach and if we cannot trade down, then BPA is the only intelligent decision that can be made

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                Some would say that 15 is a reach for Sweed but I really don't give a s*** what anyone would think if we took Sweed with #11. Honestly, if a player is within 8 picks of where we are picking and you feel he is a good fit and know he won't be there with pick number 2 then piss on the critics...take him!

I really don't like the idea of taking BPA at #11 just to save face and then not get a player we really could use for a position of drastic NEED.

Go with our NEED, pick SWEED!

I've waffled on the WR pick and who I would like us to get but Sweed shows the best value for that position in round 1. He is the safest talent wise and mentally. He's mature, hard working, stays out of trouble and determined. I wouldn't mind this draft playing out for us by filling positions of need over BPA. Within reason!

We trade down around #15 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder and continue to fill needs in the remaining rounds with value.
                If Brandon Albert and Harvey are still available when we pick we should be getting plenty of phone calls from teams looking to move up. Philly, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Tennessee, Denver, Carolina, Arizona, Houston, Tampa Bay and Washington are all teams that either desperately need a DE or an OT. The Bills are sitting in a very attractive spot since they are out of the top 10 it makes our draft spot easier to trade into but you still get nice compensation.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

I'm on the Hardy bandwagon if we trade down to #15.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Devin Thomas bandwagon for me, but if we trade down and he gets taken already Sweed is my next in line
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                    X