PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to start talkign about...

jpdex12
04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Smokescreens baby!

What kind of smokescreens are we seeing from OBD? PLENTY!

The talk of James Hardy by Modrak for one.

Oaf
04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Here's a smokescreen (I hope). The percieved notion that we have no interest in Limas Sweed. You never know what OBD will pull out of there hat. Were top picks Whitner or Parrish heavily interviewed/talked about by the Bills? Sweed was generally ranked in the top 25 prospects last year, and arguably the best WR available.

"After his junior campaign, reports filtered to the media that Sweed was going to file early for the 2007 NFL Draft. The receiver quickly shot down those rumors. "I feel like I'm a leader on this team, and I want to be a positive influence on the younger guys," said Sweed. "That's why I think it's important for me to come back, develop as a player and get my degree. My intention is to help this team win as many games as we can."
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/limas-sweed?id=322

I've always been a fan of senior WRs over the early juniors and it's for reasons like this. After being a highly ranked prospect, he was unable to go %100 and eventually had to hold off completely. Since then, he's proved that he's back at %100 with his 40 time, and vertical (I wonder about his agility drills). To me, then, he returns to his draft prospects of last year, the best WR available. That, paired with his great character, leadership, and the fact he fits what we need at WR BETTER than Thomas or Kelly puts him on my wish list for round 1.

PECKERWOOD
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
QB!!!!!

Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm! Nothing would make draft day better to me, unless, ofcourse we added a DE and some big fat hogs on the OL to open up holes for Marshawn.

Championship!!

Johnny Bugmenot
04-18-2008, 09:09 AM
QB!!!!!

Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm! Nothing would make draft day better to me, unless, ofcourse we added a DE and some big fat hogs on the OL to open up holes for Marshawn.

Championship!!

I like Brohm, but come on... not another rookie QB project!