PDA

View Full Version : Screw Pasedena

YardRat
04-18-2008, 05:54 AM
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_8966137

Billionaire land developer Ed Roski unveiled his plan Thursday to build an $800 million NFL stadium in the city. The approximately 70,000-seat stadium and entertainment complex will be constructed on land he owns near the intersection of the 60 and 57 freeways.

The Buffalo Bills, the Minnesota Vikings and the Oakland Raiders are among teams rumored to be moving into the new stadium.

There is no doubt an NFL franchise brings benefits to a community, according to Mark Ebeling owner of Danny's Restaurant in Orchard Park, N.Y., three blocks from Ralph Wilson Stadium where the Bills currently play.

Ebeling says he sees about an additional $10,000 in revenue during a home game but acknowledges he sees those figures just eight times a year.
"I love it," said Ebling, 46. "We definitely see a big impact on game day."

Night Train
04-18-2008, 06:03 AM
The advantage is if any player goes down during warmups, the team can swing by any L.A. area Home Depot and find 100 + ready workers (Mexicans) waiting out front.

L.A. Playa
04-18-2008, 07:34 AM
The advantage is if any player goes down during warmups, the team can swing by any L.A. area Home Depot and find 100 + ready workers (Mexicans) waiting out front.

dont hate on our day laborers !

this stadium will never be built by the way, it is 30 minutes from Downtown and 45-60 minutes from the Westside of LA

If and this is a huge IF, Los Angeles decides to build a stadium in the hopes of attracting an NFL team it will be built within 5 miles of Downtown LA if not in Downtown LA itself.

There is a major reconstruction going on in Downtown LA and a stadium project would be done there as a jewel, this guy wants the NFL to give him money to do this and its not going to happen

Ed
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I read a similar article on espn.com yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351752

I was surprised to see that the Bills actually were not one of the teams mentioned.

"The one obvious obstacle standing in the way is a tenant for the new stadium. Possibilities might include the New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers because of their stadium uncertainties."

gr8slayer
04-18-2008, 10:56 AM
:meh: I don't even care anymore, if it's going to happen I hope it happens sooner than later.

hydro
04-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I read a similar article on espn.com yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351752

I was surprised to see that the Bills actually were not one of the teams mentioned.

"The one obvious obstacle standing in the way is a tenant for the new stadium. Possibilities might include the New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers because of their stadium uncertainties."

Probably because they figure us a better match for going to Toronto :sigh:

Jan Reimers
04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
The worst thing is, sushi will replace Sahlens, and Le Bleu will replace Labatts.