PDA

View Full Version : Why I expect a Solid playoff showing. . .

Throne Logic
04-15-2003, 04:28 PM
I originally posted this on the bottom of another thread. But I'm interested in how others feel about this:

This team, with the existing talent, should be capable of going deep into the playoffs. Therefore, without at least a great showing in the first playoff game (I'd accept loosing to another great team who happens to hit their stride and we loose in a close game), I'm not satisfied come February.

Are there weaknesses? Absolutely. Pick any other team in the league and explain how they have no weaknesses. I'm tired of the barring injury crap - of course barring serious injuries. But you have to expect a few injuries and to overcome them with young, inexperienced depth.

This team has about as much talent, between the existing roster and the upcoming draft, as it will likely ever see for any one season. There will never be the "perfect" team so long as the current systems are in place. It's the nature of the CAP plus FA.

I expect a good solid playoff showing this year. The following year, I expect the SB.

Feel free to sound-off on this. :gossip: :machgun:

Brian H
04-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Great post I agree.I just hope that there not under alot of pressure with all this hype and they just fold......

justasportsfan
04-15-2003, 04:44 PM
NO, excuse for GW. I say we go deep in the playoffs.

ublinkwescore
04-15-2003, 04:47 PM
We won't fold - Gregg Williams knows how to rally the troops.

This team plays hard for Williams, and that's a wild card with any team that makes it more dangerous. The only games that this team will lose this year, will be the result of this team beating it's self.

I predict superbowl this year, and maybe even next (the extra cap room, with a team that's for the most part under contract - we'll be out to pick up probowl backups for our team).

BillsOwnAll
04-15-2003, 07:12 PM
i can fell it this year. every year i get pumped and we dont go far but this year is gonna be different......but the downfall of winning the SB is all the damn bandwagoners...in my school there wer about 20 real pat fans in my grade..now every likes em

ublinkwescore
04-15-2003, 08:53 PM
If I see any bandwagon hoppers, I'm gonna beat the crap out of them - this supebowl victory should only be enjoyed by the real bills fans.

Ask them who our TE was last year - see what they say - if the don't mention JR, you know you've got a bandwagon hopper.

Ask them who our head coach was a few years ago - before GW, and after Marv - they don't know, deck the ***ker.

sTp Scott
04-15-2003, 09:20 PM
I think anything less than the AFC title game would be a dissapointment in my mind. Though AFCE will be durn tough