X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Don't buy the talk; Buffalo wants to trade Losman

Contrary to a report out of Buffalo this week that quoted Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon as saying, “We anticipate (J.P. Losman) being on this team,” we hear that the Bills’ quarterback is very much on the trading block.

BERNIAC!
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Don't buy the talk; Buffalo wants to trade Losman

They are trying not to bruise JPs ego just incase no one wants to trade for him and the Bills are stuck with him.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 04-18-2008, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

They better not trade him away for peanuts, he still has some value.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i just don't know how high that value is. by objective eyes of a potential buyer, JP hasn't done anything to warrant a high price tag. We've seen that good players with mileage on their bodies don't seem to get anything better than a 3rd.

Clearly, JP is not a third. and for Buffalo, it's hard to part with anything less because we gave up a lot of picks to get him and we put a lot of energy into him to see him go no where.

I understand wanting more than throw away picks, but you realize JP will not want to be here next year. even if he comes in for trent, has an all pro season, he's not resigning with this team. So you're best taking whatever the best offer is and move on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

If we trade JP, we will really have to scramble around for a backup. We'll probably draft a developmental rookie, but JP's presence will give him a year to develop. There are also some mediocrities out there, one of whom we could sign as a veteran backup.

But I'd rather have JP coming off the bench if something were to happen to Trent.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

but i don't understand why the arguement is for JP to come in for Trent off the bench. The season is over if Trent doesn't develop and if he goes down for a long period of time.

Putting JP in will not keep the machine running smoothly. It's not like we're benching an allstar to give trent a chance. We're putting a guy on the bench because that's where he deserves to be.

It's a risk to get the journeyman QB or go with the developmental project. But this should be an area where we are willing to roll the dice and gamble. We have a known constant in JP. It's not going to get any better. a project or a journey man gives us space to worry, but a space to hope.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              If we trade JP, we will really have to scramble around for a backup. We'll probably draft a developmental rookie, but JP's presence will give him a year to develop. There are also some mediocrities out there, one of whom we could sign as a veteran backup.

But I'd rather have JP coming off the bench if something were to happen to Trent.
              Agreed, I rather have JP coming off the bench in case Edwards gets hurt instead of trading him for a 4th or 5th round pick. IMO, the Bills are on the brink of making the playoffs. As a result, you can not risk having no viable option at QB if Edwards goes down. If the Bills were not on the brink of the playoffs and were rebuilding I would say trade him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                They better not trade him away for peanuts, he still has some value.
                He does? What value is that?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Trade wise? Probably none. All the teams who needed a QB went out and signed one.

On the roster wise? The Bills do need a backup. Trent could get hurt or even suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    as bad as JP is, there is a shortage of QB talent. Of the top of my head, Baltimore, Miami, NY Jets, Chicago, Green Bay needs a back-up. It's a simple supply and demand problem- JP's value is not because of JP himself but because, surprisingly, there aren't a whole lot of better options out there for some of these teams.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

I think if someone offered us a 6th Losman would be on a plane.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I really advocate keeping him.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          JP will not want to be here next year. even if he comes in for trent, has an all pro season, he's not resigning with this team
                          ridiculous

if jp got the chance to play and finally established himself as a reliable nfl qb the bills could easily flip flop with him as the franchise guy and edwards as the backup, especially if that was due to edwards struggling which is a distinct possibility. once that happened jp would be foolish to not even consider accepting a long term deal here, and in fact it could easily be his best option

as much as i hope edwards does well i would be tickled if somehow jp would *****slap all you dorkmeisters that act like both his demise and edwards ascension is a done deal
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                            ridiculous

if jp got the chance to play and finally established himself as a reliable nfl qb the bills could easily flip flop with him as the franchise guy and edwards as the backup, especially if that was due to edwards struggling which is a distinct possibility. once that happened jp would be foolish to not even consider accepting a long term deal here, and in fact it could easily be his best option

as much as i hope edwards does well i would be tickled if somehow jp would *****slap all you dorkmeisters that act like both his demise and edwards ascension is a done deal
                            I am right there with you!

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

This is just PFW trying to cover their asses for making up a story on March 26 that JP was not in Buffalo for voluntary workouts. When OBD was saying that he was in.

Not surprisingly, Losman has been a no-show at “voluntary” workouts in Orchard Park, and it’s unlikely he’ll show up considering that he can’t be fined for not attending the sessions. That being said, the Bills continue to harbor the belief that they’ll work out an deal for the quarterback. We hear that it’s highly unlikely there will be any action until after the draft. Whichever teams come out of the late April selection meeting without a quality passer will go a long way in determining who will have interest in the former first-round pick.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X