PDA

View Full Version : Video: Malcolm Kelly April 16 Pro Day

Yasgur's Farm
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyGnt_RecDs

PECKERWOOD
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Nice, good post. Would still love to see this guy in a Bills uniform.

Yasgur's Farm
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Agree!!

The Spaz
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I still like him. I like Thomas more, but imagine landing both...lol

Night Train
04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I could care less about all the crap stated over the last month.

If we picked him, I'd be pleased. He doesn't even know how to drop a ball.

Did I read somewhere that he was out of shape ? LOL ! I wish I was that cut.

Yasgur's Farm
04-18-2008, 06:55 PM
See new mock in siggy

Confused
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Hardy stompt him in 40 time and 225 reps and broad jump. ohhh, and he isnt a whiny *****.

Honestley, kelly looked good. He is currently slow as **** in my book. Will he or wont he get faster? how fast? 4.4 flat? He's slow. thats all there is to it. might as well have him gain 20 lbs and be a tweener TE.

yordad
04-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't know guys, the whole thing seems fishy.

Confused
04-18-2008, 09:51 PM
he's slower then moles's asses in january.

PECKERWOOD
04-19-2008, 07:03 AM
See new mock in siggy

That's definately a sweet mock but that would most likely mean that Lee would be gone next year.

X-Era
04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyGnt_RecDs
Great post!

As most know, Im a big Kelly fan.

But, I want to be critical of him for a minute. Heres what I saw:

Slower out of his cuts. He doesnt have a really quick break. Granted this is a pro-day and the ball seemed to be slow to get there as well, but he lumbers a bit in and out of his cuts. I wonder if its a function of being taller and longer in the legs and arms. You could see it in his short shuttle as well, he takes a bit longer to change direction.

On the positive side, I think he shows really nice initial burst. This could help him to get open in shortage yardage.

I think I counted 13 reps at 225, maybe 14. I think thats pretty decent considering his long arms. I think it could help him get off the jam and muscle for the ball.

I dont need to talk about his hands, he has no coverage in his pro-day, and yes he caught everything, well he should. But many think he has one of the best hands in this draft class.

Overall, I see him having early success in shorter yardage situations where he can burst by DB's early, or use his size, or his hands to catch shorter routes. Hes not going to be a guy who beats top NFL DB's deep, but I could see him making catches with DB's draped all over him.

Does he fit for us? Well, when you add a big WR with decent size and strength and a quick burst plus very good hands, yes.

I think to win more games we need to get double coverage off of Evans and establishing a solid, reliable, shorter option like a Kelly, where he gets alot of passes and short yardage early will force teams to adjust. I dont see that he needs to score a ton of TD's or make long catches. I think he just needs to keep drives alive and if he helps us to keep doing that, teams will have to adjust and then Evans will get open more.

X-Era
04-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Hardy stompt him in 40 time and 225 reps and broad jump. ohhh, and he isnt a whiny *****.

Honestley, kelly looked good. He is currently slow as **** in my book. Will he or wont he get faster? how fast? 4.4 flat? He's slow. thats all there is to it. might as well have him gain 20 lbs and be a tweener TE.

No, he just beats up his whiny *****es.

Confused
04-20-2008, 05:54 PM
No, he just beats up his whiny *****es.:deadhorse

Mitchell55
04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I can now see what he meant by the turf. You can actually hear how bad it was.

yordad
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I can now see what he meant by the turf. You can actually hear how bad it was.Was that the video of the 40 he complained about, or the one that wasn't to be witness only recorded?