PDA

View Full Version : Okay... I lied

coastal
04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
This is my last All-Bills mock draft leading up to the main event.

1.) Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Sure we have a lot of money invested in the Dline. So ****ing what? We're still $70 million under the cap and now we have one of the deepest dlines in the NFL. What's wrong with that?

2.) Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma - I'd prefer Cason, but I don't think he's getting out of round one. Bottomline is that these two picks coupled with the offseason additions would put this defense at a point where opposing teams are going to have an awful lot to deal with.

3.) Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State- It's about time we added a high motor white guy to the offensive side of the ball.

4a.) Eric Young, OG/OT Tenn - He has some rehab time left to be sure... but once through that, he represents excellent value and a total system fit for us. Can provide backup at both positions

4b.) Robert Felton, OG Arkansas - Well one thing is for sure... the Bills are certainly restocking their offensive line depth. With Merz and Pennington gone they needed to. Felton offers some versatility;

5.) Owen Schmitt, FB W. Virginia - One thing is for certain... the Bills are not hiding their intentions of running the ****ing ball down people's throats.

6.) Fernando Valasco, C Georgia - I love this kid and think he is going to end up being a starter someday. He could be the anchor we have been missing in the middle of this line for a long time.

7a.) Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii - He recently had his hip labrum surgically repaired allowing him to slip to us. He is the perfect fit as a developmental QB. BTW... I heard he likes to fondle women. That alone is worth the investment of a 7th rounder.

7b.) Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State - I don't care how many bong hits he does... the kid still had a great college career.

7c.) Joey Haynos, TE Maryland - We don't need no stickin tight ends.

PECKERWOOD
04-19-2008, 07:12 AM
I really like your 2nd, 3rd and 4a picks alot. However, allow me to play Devil's advocate.. Why take a guy like Derrick Harvey when most Gator DL prospects have ultimately been struggling in the NFL?

Yasgur's Farm
04-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Jordy Nelson alone will not improve this O. We need a legit #2 WR... Not another converted slot guy. Without a true #2, this O will remain in the cellar. Who coined the phrase "death by field goal"?

The D got all the help during free agency. Now it's time to stop the bleeding on the O. We need to spend our 1st 2 picks on the O!

yordad
04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
This is my last All-Bills mock draft leading up to the main event.

1.) Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Sure we have a lot of money invested in the Dline. So ****ing what? We're still $70 million under the cap and now we have one of the deepest dlines in the NFL. What's wrong with that?

3.) Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State- It's about time we added a high motor white guy to the offensive side of the ball.

5.) Owen Schmitt, FB W. Virginia - One thing is for certain... the Bills are not hiding their intentions of running the ****ing ball down people's throats.

7b.) Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State - I don't care how many bong hits he does... the kid still had a great college career.

So, you leave our most glaring need to be addressed in the third, and leave it to be addressed by a WR who probably won't even be there at that point. A WR who might not be an upgrade of Josh Reed (OK, he might be, but he might not be right away). And, your argument is "he is white". Who cares what color he is, and um... no.

I would love some Schmitt in the 5th, and I could go for some Bowman in the 7th, but for the most part, I think half or more of the guys you have us drafting will be gone by the point you have us drafting them; but who really knows.

I think your draft gives us one starter entering the season. So, I would be pissed, but not pissed enough to start punching myself in the face.

yordad
04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Coastal, I'm looking at your mock again, and I do see your reasoning. Although I said "one starter 'entering the season'", you could possibly end up with several future starters out of this. And, considering in my own words "the guys you have us drafting will be gone" (admittedly, I should have used the would "could" in stead of "will") I could probably be convinced we got some good value out of this. And, actually, the white comment was probably just humor. I apologize if you feel I was rude.

coastal
04-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't know what you are apologizing for... honestly.

You don't like it... that's okay.

As far as getting starters out of the draft, we will be lucky to get 2 starters from the draft. That is why Modrak has a penchant for trading back up into round 1. That's because its hard to find immediate starters down the line.

The thing I like about this draft is that every player shows the potential to be a starter in this league... even if it is down the road.

All that being said, I think a large part of this draft class would stand a chance to start from day one:

-Derrick Harvey (I think him Schobel, Kelsay and him would be splitting a lot of time.)

- Reggie Smith - starts immediately at CB

- One of the guards - Move Butler to C and one of these guys gets plugged in.

- Owen Schmitt - of course he starts

yordad
04-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know what you are apologizing for... honestly. Because what I typed may have been received as overly rude. :idunno:

You don't like it... that's okay. I can not like something without tying to give someone the feeling I am bashing their work.

As far as getting starters out of the draft, we will be lucky to get 2 starters from the draft. That is why Modrak has a penchant for trading back up into round 1. That's because its hard to find immediate starters down the line. I am with ya.

The thing I like about this draft is that every player shows the potential to be a starter in this league... even if it is down the road. This is where the rub is. I prefere a little sway from BPA for sooner return on my investment, especailly now w free agency.

All that being said, I think a large part of this draft class would stand a chance to start from day one:

-Derrick Harvey (I think him Schobel, Kelsay and him would be splitting a lot of time.) A rotational DE is not what I have in mind for my first overall selection. I don't want to use a first rounder to replace Hargrove.

- Reggie Smith - starts immediately at CB Over Greer? That would be nice, but I'm not entirely sure.

- One of the guards - Move Butler to C and one of these guys gets plugged in. Alot harder to do then you make it sound. And, I think Butler failed at center, but I think it could be a nice move.

- Owen Schmitt - of course he starts This is the guy I had in mind when I said one starterKeepa rockin'

coastal
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
How's this...

1. Devin Thomas, WR MSU (trade from 11 to 15 with Detroit)
2. Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma
3a. Darrell Robertson, DE Georgia Tech
3b. Mike McGlynn, OG Pitt (we are drafting him to play center)
4a. Gary Guyton, OLB Georgia Tech
4b. Owen Schmitt, FB W. Virginia
5. Kevin O'Connell, QB San Diego State
6. Joey Haynos, TE Maryland
7a. Zackary Bowman, CB Nebraska
7b. Justin Harper, WR Virginia Tech
7c. Tyler Polombus, OT Colorado