PDA

View Full Version : What Do We DO?

seanbillsfan
04-19-2008, 01:35 AM
I have so many mixed feelings about this season. On one hand we have the draft coming up and edwards this and marshawn that, but the bottom line is all signs point to toronto. The pittsburgh preseason game would sell alot of tix at the ralph, unlike detroit. Then our big rival miami! In toronto are u serious! Right now our team is basically being shopped in toronto and they are buying. I hope to god Jimbo can do what he says he can or else alot of hearts will be broken in western new york

Night Train
04-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Lay down. You're tired.

YardRat
04-19-2008, 06:21 AM
You have 4 years to make a billion dollars.

Ready...Set...GO!

PECKERWOOD
04-19-2008, 07:09 AM
You have 4 years to make a billion dollars.

Ready...Set...GO!

I just wish Bill Gates or Warren Buffett would buy the Bills. ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED!

Ickybaluky
04-19-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm not convinced the Bills end up going anywhere. I realize there are a lot of things up in the air because of Ralph Wilson's age and the fact he will be selling it after he dies, but that doesn't necessarily mean the team is gone. You do have to worry about someone coming in and buying the team for the express purpose of moving it, like what is happening in the NBA with Seattle, but it isn't like someone couldn't buy the team and make it work in Buffalo. I think a local owner would work.

I think Jacksonville is the most likely team to move if LA comes to pass. They are a good team and still have trouble selling tickets. They are an afterthought in an area that is more college-football than NFL focused.

tampabay25690
04-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm not convinced the Bills end up going anywhere. I realize there are a lot of things up in the air because of Ralph Wilson's age and the fact he will be selling it after he dies, but that doesn't necessarily mean the team is gone. You do have to worry about someone coming in and buying the team for the express purpose of moving it, like what is happening in the NBA with Seattle, but it isn't like someone couldn't buy the team and make it work in Buffalo. I think a local owner would work.

I think Jacksonville is the most likely team to move if LA comes to pass. They are a good team and still have trouble selling tickets. They are an afterthought in an area that is more college-football than NFL focused.

I AGREE on JAX....I go to games there once in a while and they never sell out unless its the FLORIDA--GEORGIA game......AS fans and I know I dont live there but I still own season tix. WE need to make sure games are sold out buy merchandise............I bet there is alot of people on this site that live in BUFFALO or nearby that sit and home and watch the games instead of getting cold...........

PECKERWOOD
04-19-2008, 08:05 AM
I AGREE on JAX....I go to games there once in a while and they never sell out unless its the FLORIDA--GEORGIA game......AS fans and I know I dont live there but I still own season tix. WE need to make sure games are sold out buy merchandise............I bet there is alot of people on this site that live in BUFFALO or nearby that sit and home and watch the games instead of getting cold...........

Man oh man, I remember when we played the G-men last year. That was HANDS DOWN the coldest I've ever been in my life. I wanted to roast my chestnuts on an open fire after that one.

casdhf
04-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't think it matters what they raise the season tickets to here, we'll pay it.

Jan Reimers
04-19-2008, 08:23 AM
The only fly in all this ointment is Ralph's contention that the team will be sold to the highest bidder. Local ownership would definitely work, and could keep the team in Buffalo - but not if it is outbid by Toronto, Los Angeles or San Antonio money.

Nighthawk
04-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't think it matters what they raise the season tickets to here, we'll pay it.

And that is what they should do...raise ticket prices. We pay the lowest in the league, which is ridiculous.

PromoTheRobot
04-19-2008, 08:59 AM
The Bills are toast. The only question is when, not if. So let me ask you this: Would you accept sharing the Bills with Toronto or would you act like a baby and turn your back?

I'm convinced that is the NFL's long-range plan: Have the team eventually play most of their games in Toronto, while playing 3-4 games at RWS and call them something like the "Buffalo Bills of Toronto. That way the NFL can say they didn't abandon a heritage city, while still tapping into a new lucrative market.

In the meantime I suggest picking up some season tickets for the UB Bulls (prices start at a very Buffalo friendly $78). They have one of the up-and-coming head coaching stars in the NCAA, they had a breakthrough year in 2007, they are poised for a MAC championship and bowl bid in 2008, and they may wind up being the only football left in WNY.

Other than that I suggest denial and heavy drinking. There's already no shortage of self-pity.

PTR

Jan Reimers
04-19-2008, 09:23 AM
I think that the NFL does not have a long range plan for the Bills to play in Toronto. I think it is Ralph's sales plan that puts us in danger of losing the team.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2008, 09:26 AM
And that is what they should do...raise ticket prices. We pay the lowest in the league, which is ridiculous.

Raising ticket prices does little, if anything, to help the situation. That monsy is split, 60/40, with the opposing team.

The problem is not being able to sell out luxury suites, even with the lowest prices in the NFL for luxury suites.

Meathead
04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
what part of luxury box sales dont some of you understand

you could triple ticket prices and sell triple the merch and it would be a drop in the bucket compared to filling the boxes with fatcats

so please for the love all that isnt stupid stop talking about sellouts and merch and focus on how the bills can get boxes sold

answer: figure out a way to get toronto companies to buy them

solution: make the games in to a hot tic and then later hold to companies up for boxes there by making them buy boxes here too

Night Train
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
what part of luxury box sales dont some of you understand

you could triple ticket prices and sell triple the merch and it would be a drop in the bucket compared to filling the boxes with fatcats

so please for the love all that isnt stupid stop talking about sellouts and merch and focus on how the bills can get boxes sold

answer: figure out a way to get toronto companies to buy them

solution: make the games in to a hot tic and then later hold to companies up for boxes there by making them buy boxes here too

Thank you.

How some miss the entire focus of the current NFL (corporate $$, premium seats) is baffling. The average fan sitting in the cheap seats don't matter.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I have so many mixed feelings about this season. On one hand we have the draft coming up and edwards this and marshawn that, but the bottom line is all signs point to toronto. The pittsburgh preseason game would sell alot of tix at the ralph, unlike detroit. Then our big rival miami! In toronto are u serious! Right now our team is basically being shopped in toronto and they are buying. I hope to god Jimbo can do what he says he can or else alot of hearts will be broken in western new york

If the Bills win a Superbowl before they leave I could probably stomach the inevitable. I could leave this earth feeling like I was part of a winner.

Buffalo will never be the same without the Bills.

venis2k1
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.sfangels.com/images/South%20Park-%20Mothers%20Against%20Canada%20TShirts.jpg

Blame Canada!

PECKERWOOD
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Can we please start a whole different sub-forum for these type of threads? I want to talk Bills football/draft, not about end of the world conspiracies.

DrGraves
04-19-2008, 01:55 PM
goodell will save our ass no worries

OpIv37
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
The Bills are toast. The only question is when, not if. So let me ask you this: Would you accept sharing the Bills with Toronto or would you act like a baby and turn your back?

I'm convinced that is the NFL's long-range plan: Have the team eventually play most of their games in Toronto, while playing 3-4 games at RWS and call them something like the "Buffalo Bills of Toronto. That way the NFL can say they didn't abandon a heritage city, while still tapping into a new lucrative market.

In the meantime I suggest picking up some season tickets for the UB Bulls (prices start at a very Buffalo friendly $78). They have one of the up-and-coming head coaching stars in the NCAA, they had a breakthrough year in 2007, they are poised for a MAC championship and bowl bid in 2008, and they may wind up being the only football left in WNY.

Other than that I suggest denial and heavy drinking. There's already no shortage of self-pity.

PTR

So, it's acceptable for the team to turn their back on the fans who supported them emotionally and financially for the last 48 years, but if a fan gets pissed about that they're "being a baby"? Get real.

We've stuck with this team through thick and thin over the years, and even if the NFL is doing what you say and not flat out moving the team, they're still "rewarding" that loyalty by making it harder and more expensive for fans to attend games. It's a stab in the back.

And BTW, we're already sharing the Bills with Toronto whether we like it or not.

OpIv37
04-19-2008, 04:42 PM

Two problems: it's more than just LA that wants a team- there's Austin, Toronto, and I heard at least one other city being tossed around.

Second, there are only a handful of guys in WNY with cash to buy the team or even start an ownership group as majority owner. The only two that immediately come to mind are Golisano and Danny Wegman. Wegman's name has been tossed around because he is ridiculously wealthy, but as far as I know the family has never publically expressed any actual interest in owning the team.