• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Eagles Could End Up Helping Bills Big Time

Even loosely connecting the dots suggests the Eagles — with 11 draft picks, and possibly a couple of more once they trade cornerback Lito Sheppard — could make a deal to move up the board for a guy like Albert.

Albert played guard in college. A converted basketball player, he has the instincts, the feet, the athleticism and the frame to play tackle on the NFL level. There is film of him playing left tackle last season, his junior year with the Cavaliers.

There is almost no way Albert will fall to the Eagles if they hang with the 19th overall pick. With draft pick trade charts very fluid these days, the Eagles could vault from 19 to 11 by packaging their top pick and little more than their second-round pick. Another prospect on the Eagles’ radar that also could be available in the top 12 is offensive tackle Jeff Otah (6-6, 323) of Pitt, who also has a basketball background

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Eagles Could End Up Helping Bills Big Time

For a Bills fan.. To me this is the absolute IDEAL dream scenario.

Say Philly wants Albert and Otah badly (they really need the OL help) and per this article, moved up to 11th and gave up their first and second.

This would be a dream scenario for Buffalo for 3 reasons..

1- It would allow them to still take their WR. Either Thomas or Sweed is all-but-guarenteed to be on the board at 19.

2- They could get back into the late first round, possibly as high as #25 (Seattle) by packaging together their second second and third rounders. This would allow them to get a CB like Flowers or Aqib, one of which would probably still be on the board.

3- With Philly's second rounder they'd still have, they could draft that much-needed TE. Perhaps Bennett or Davis.

You could debate the players to take, but I universally this is the best situation that could happen to Buffalo. Make it happen, Brandon.. err Overdorf.. err Guy.. Err Modrak..

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

holy **** man.

The more I think about this, this has to happen.. They could end up with Limas Sweed (sorry but i prefer him to THomas),Brandon Flowers and Marcellus Bennet (Or John Carlson) if this trade got done.

what an incredible draft that would be.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I'm not big on Flowers, and I know you mentioned "You could debate the players to take", but I don't think any of the guys that will slip out of round one would be an upgrade at CB. At least not now. I prefere taking Lito off their hands as opposed to the 2nd round pick.

But, either way, it is a better scenerio then what we have now. We would likely get the receiver we want, and the added bonus (whatever it may be).
        Last edited by yordad; 04-19-2008, 11:55 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Don't dismiss the possibility of teams in Philly's range also looking at WR and countering Buffalo's move down by trading up and leap-frogging for the very player the Bills may covet. Then what do you do?

Once the players start coming off the board, I think it's a good possibility that the teams in the 15-25 range experience a lot of movement trying to jockey into a better position to get in on the action with the group of receivers that are going to be availble at that point. There's going to be a run at WR somewhere in that range, and I hope we don't get left holding the bag.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I wouldn't be upset if the Bills took Albert at #11 if he is there.

The game is won and lost in the trenches, and Albert would start for us and our depth would be stronger because of it.

Lynch with a FB and a further upgrade OL would tear up yards... But we still need to replace Fowler at C

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              For a Bills fan.. To me this is the absolute IDEAL dream scenario.

Say Philly wants Albert and Otah badly (they really need the OL help) and per this article, moved up to 11th and gave up their first and second.

This would be a dream scenario for Buffalo for 3 reasons..

1- It would allow them to still take their WR. Either Thomas or Sweed is all-but-guarenteed to be on the board at 19.

2- They could get back into the late first round, possibly as high as #25 (Seattle) by packaging together their second second and third rounders. This would allow them to get a CB like Flowers or Aqib, one of which would probably still be on the board.

3- With Philly's second rounder they'd still have, they could draft that much-needed TE. Perhaps Bennett or Davis.

You could debate the players to take, but I universally this is the best situation that could happen to Buffalo. Make it happen, Brandon.. err Overdorf.. err Guy.. Err Modrak..
              Do we get Lito Sheppard in this deal??

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

If we are successful in trading down, i will be the happiest guy on the planet.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by venis2k1
                  If we are successful in trading down, i will be the happiest guy on the planet.
                  This is all I have ever said. Wr is our #1 need but there isn't one worthy at #11.

Poeple go nuts when I say take Harvey at #11. I'm not saying he is our #1 need but he is something that we will need and he is worth the #11 pick.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Do we get Lito Sheppard in this deal??
                    NO.. As per article, draft value equates to Philly giving up their 19th overall and 2nd rounder, for our 11th overall.

Im having a hard time finding how someone would have a problem with that, unless there is a guy at #11 that you would REALLY want that would surely be gone before 19.

I'm nowhere near high enough on Harvey to turn down a trade-down with Philly so we can draft that.

If we made that trade, we could get a WR, CB and TE with our first three picks, all of which would be in the first two rounds.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

It would be foolish not to trade down 8 spots and to pick up a 2nd round pick. So much depth in this draft, alot of players that I would like to see play for the Bills. If we got an extra second I would be much more willing to take a game breaking TE like Dustin Keller in the 2nd, he would bring so much to our offense. If we take a huge target at TE, it makes the need of grabbing a huge WR not as big.

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        If we take a huge target at TE, it makes the need of grabbing a huge WR not as big.

BOTH are big needs on this team. Our offense was terrible last year. Was anyone else genuinly supprised every time we converted on 3rd down, or shocked when we actully drove down the feild and scored(the few occasions that it happened).

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by venis2k1
                          BOTH are big needs on this team. Our offense was terrible last year. Was anyone else genuinly supprised every time we converted on 3rd down, or shocked when we actully drove down the feild and scored(the few occasions that it happened).
                          Oh yeah, absolutely.. Just saying though, if all the big WR's are gone in the 2nd round I would be thrilled if we picked up a Fred Davis or Dustin Keller type of target, would definately help negate the loss of missing out on a Hardy, Sweed, Thomas or Kelly.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

BTW,
                            Philly's 2nd round pick is the 49th pick.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              Oh yeah, absolutely.. Just saying though, if all the big WR's are gone in the 2nd round I would be thrilled if we picked up a Fred Davis or Dustin Keller type of target, would definately help negate the loss of missing out on a Hardy, Sweed, Thomas or Kelly.
                              HELP negate? Sure. Completely negate? No way. I know your with me, I just wanted to help you clarify.

I think if we miss out on Hardy, Sweed, Thomas, Kelly we will in fact be doing just that. Missing out.

If it comes down to reaching for a big wr or not getting one, I will reach. Not that I am saying it is coming down to that.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X