PDA

View Full Version : My FINAL Bills mock draft

kernowboy
04-20-2008, 04:56 AM
Having considered all the options, I have finalised my optimum draft I'd like to see the Bills make.

This means that this now won't happen but

R1 > Trade down - twice
No11 to Eagles for No19 & No80 ... they can select Harvey<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
No19 to Falcons for No34& No48 ...they can select Brohm
<o:p> </o:p>
R2<o:p></o:p>
No34 James Hardy, WR, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Indiana</st1:State></st1:place> Hoosiers<o:p></o:p>
6ft5, 218lbs, 4.48
Early career character issues but has kept his nose clean and Hardy simply has size and excellent Redzone production.
No41 Dre Moore, DT, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Maryland</st1:place></st1:State> Terrapins<o:p></o:p>
6ft4, 311lbs, 4.82
Despite signing Johnson, and trading for Stroud, all our LEs plus starting DTs have injury histories. Moore can play both inside and out.
No48 Justin King, CB, Penn St Nittany Lions<o:p></o:p>
6ft, 191lbs, 4.32
A junior with extensive expeirence. A returner who has height but will not have the pressure of a 1st rounder expected to step in immediately.
R3<o:p></o:p>
No71 John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame Fighting Irish<o:p></o:p>
6ft5, 255lbs, 4.72
<o:p>We can pick from several here but I think Carlson will be the best all rounder</o:p>
No80 Ray Rice, RB, <st1:place w:st="on">Rutgers</st1:place> Scarlett Knights<o:p></o:p>
5ft9, 199lbs, 4.44<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I think that if Lynch goes down, I am not happy with Jackson or Wright carrying the load. Rice might be small, but Thurman Thomas was no giant.
R4<o:p></o:p>
No114 Owen Schmitt, FB, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">West Virginia</st1:State></st1:place> Mountaineers<o:p></o:p>
6ft, 248lbs, 4.72
If we are going with a FB, lets grab the best in the draft.
No132 (supp) Mike McGlynn, OG, Pittsburgh Panthers<o:p></o:p>
6ft4, 309lbs, 5.36<o:p></o:p>
A big RT who can move inside and whilst putting pressure on Butler and Walker can also add needed depth
R5<o:p></o:p>
No147 Trevor Scott, DE, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City></st1:place> Bulls<o:p></o:p>
6ft5, 256lbs, 4.54<o:p></o:p>
Our 4th DE. Better than what we have and very inexperienced but could be a steal. Remember Jared Allen was taken in the 4th round in 2004. At worst we will give us a Mark Anderson type player
R6<o:p></o:p>
No179 Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma St Cowboys<o:p></o:p>
6ft3, 223lbs, 4.69
At this point, Bowman adds a second big man and is an absolute steal
R7<o:p></o:p>
No219 Andrew Studebaker, SLB, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wheaton</st1:place></st1:City> Thunder<o:p></o:p>
6ft4, 255lbs, 4.49
With Haggan suspended I would look to draft a SLB to back up Crowell. Studebaker has all the measurables here and could be a Stephen Cooper for us.
No224 Kyle Wright, QB, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City></st1:place> Hurricanes<o:p></o:p>
6ft4, 220lbs, 4.60
A good player in a shocking Hurricanes team. Has the measurables and is known as a very hard worker. Could develop into a quality backup and is of similar size to Edwards
No251 (supp) Robbie Powell, C, Purdue Boilermakers, <o:p></o:p>
6ft5, 307lbs, 5.08<o:p></o:p>
One of the bigger Centers, who struggled to find a college because he needed a scholarship. A young guy, but big compared to other players, and with considerable starting experience, initially at LG but for 2 seasons at C on a very good Purdue line. A last round, last pick selection who would make the roster. <o:p></o:p>

Yasgur's Farm
04-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I like the trade movement... But we really got the short end of the stick with Philly. #11 = 1250 draft points, #19 and #80 combined = only 1065. We should be getting their 2nd... Not 3rd.

On the other hand, we got the better of Atlanta... #19 = 875 while 34 and 48 combine for 980.

Perrsonally I'd swap our #11 and #143 (1284.5) to Philly for their #19 and #49 (1285).

#19- Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed or James Hardy
#41 and #49- 2 of the following... Malcolm Kelly or Martellus Bennett or Dustin Keller or Charles Godfrey or Brandon Flowers or Pat Sims or Dre Moore or Joe Flacco
#72- BPA

PECKERWOOD
04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Not bad, kerno. Hardy is a great pick but here is what I would do with your selections:

Rd2a.) James Hardy, WR, Indiana
Rd2b.) Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
Rd2c.) Mike Pollak, C, Arizona State
Rd3a.) Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State
R3b.) Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
Rd4a.) Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
Rd4b.) Kellen Davis, TE, Michigan State
Rd5.) Peyton Hillis, FB, Arkansas
Rd6.) Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
Rd7a.) Mike Gibson, OG, California
Rd7b.) Thaddeus Coleman, OT, Mississippi Valley State
Rd7c.) Marcus Richardson, LB, Troy