PDA

View Full Version : DraftBoy and mysticsoto's 7 round mock draft!

shelby
04-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Good stuff here...

Rounds 1 through 3 (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/04/19/billszones_7_round_mock_draft_rounds_13.php)

Rounds 4 through 7 (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/04/20/billszones_7_round_mock_draft_rounds_47.php)

Great job, guys!
:beers:

Bone
04-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I would have bold the picks and the selections.

Devin
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Man that is phenomenal, nice work guys! Thats very in depth!

:bf1:

YardRat
04-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice :beers:

Thank God DRC is off the board before we pick :D

shelby
04-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I would have bold the picks and the selections.
i understand....however, it took me literally 4 hours to edit....i was exhausted.
My apologies.

kgun12
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Great job guys!

feelthepain
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
1. Miami - QB Brian Brohm-Louisville
Matt- I don't think Parcells is sold on Beck in any way, and Brohm is the most NFL ready QB in this draft class. Parcells can bring him in almost from Day 1 and watch him produce. This will bring some much needed stability to the Miami QB position.

Not very well researched, I seriously doubt Miami takes a QB with 32. I know Bill fans fantasize about all of Miami's players being a bust. However I find it quite funny that both the Bills QB's played patheticlly in 07, but the Bill don't need a QB and the Dolphins do. Seriously, this is more of a wishful thinking pick rather then a legit process of elimination and best value. I also notice Brohm has slipped the furthest and yet somehow he would make the perfect pick for Miami at 32.

Tatonka
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
nice work guys.. that is a lot of effort put forth. appreciated.

can i just say though..kansas city, after just paying larry johnson all that money is going to draft mcfadden at 5th overall?

"michael vick, really?"

losman420
04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Great job on the mock draft guys!!:clap:

SquishDaFish
04-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Great job guys ignore FTP (head up ass like usual)

Jan Reimers
04-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Great job, and I would take this Bills' draft in a heartbeat.

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Not very well researched, I seriously doubt Miami takes a QB with 32. I know Bill fans fantasize about all of Miami's players being a bust. However I find it quite funny that both the Bills QB's played patheticlly in 07, but the Bill don't need a QB and the Dolphins do. Seriously, this is more of a wishful thinking pick rather then a legit process of elimination and best value. I also notice Brohm has slipped the furthest and yet somehow he would make the perfect pick for Miami at 32.

The Bills take QB Josh Johnson in Round 4, did you even read this?

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 07:34 AM
nice work guys.. that is a lot of effort put forth. appreciated.

can i just say though..kansas city, after just paying larry johnson all that money is going to draft mcfadden at 5th overall?

"michael vick, really?"

Its a two RB league, plus LJ is getting banged up more and more now. If they can take the biggest potential game breaker in the Draft, I dont know that they'll pass on that, I know everybody is saying they'll go OT in Clady, Otah, or Albert but I think thats a reach pick similar to CIN taking Levi Jones a few years back, or even Arizona taking Levi Brown last year. Its not worth it, imo.

mybills
04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
When was the last time the Bills took someone from Notre Dame?

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 07:51 AM
When was the last time the Bills took someone from Notre Dame?

2001-
6a. Tony Driver S Notre Dame (178)
6b. Dan O'Leary TE Notre Dame (195)

Last time we took somebody of substance;
1996-Dusty Ziegler

Last starter:
1994-Jeff Burris

justasportsfan
04-21-2008, 09:26 AM
The Bills take QB Josh Johnson in Round 4, did you even read this?
She gets her panties in a bunch if you mention anything about the fins.

Great jobs guys including Shelby.

historypete
04-21-2008, 09:29 AM
That was about as well researched a mock draft as I've ever seen. I watch a lot of college football, but I can't imagine doing that much research. Excellent work.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Nice work boys.

Who is the second round pick you have us taking?

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Nice work boys.

Who is the second round pick you have us taking?

DT Trevor Laws from Notre Dame-6'0, 304

He's very quick, and agile, and excels at penetration. He was the Defensive Captain for Notre Dame this past year and really the only guy to show up every week and excel. He does not know the meaning of the words give up. He lacks ideal height and can be over aggressive but he's a blue collar DT who gives it his all and has skills to boot.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Do we need a DT? Can this guy play end?

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Do we need a DT? Can this guy play end?

He can play DE if need be, but given Stroud's injury history the fact that neither Johnson nor McCargo are really established NFL starters some depth certainly is not a bad idea at least imo.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Well if he is a steal of a pick then I say go for it but I don't think we need a DT at all.

Tatonka
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Its a two RB league, plus LJ is getting banged up more and more now. If they can take the biggest potential game breaker in the Draft, I dont know that they'll pass on that, I know everybody is saying they'll go OT in Clady, Otah, or Albert but I think thats a reach pick similar to CIN taking Levi Jones a few years back, or even Arizona taking Levi Brown last year. Its not worth it, imo.

maybe the chargers will trade up to get mcfadden too!

:couch:

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
maybe the chargers will trade up to get mcfadden too!

:couch:

:respect:

Michael82
04-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Nice job guys! I just got one question...how come it seems like the many times you two disagreed on a pick, DraftBoy wins out? :snicker: I also hate our 2nd round selection. Sure he might be a good value pick, but he does not fill a need IMO. We already have Stroud, Johnson, McCargo and Kyle Williams. I prefer the choice that Alex said. He would be a much better option. I also am shocked that you have Owen Schmitt falling to the 6th round and still the Bills don't take him. He definitely fills a need and if he is there for our 5th rounder or maybe even 4th round compensatory pick, I would jump all over him.

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Nice job guys! I just got one question...how come it seems like the many times you two disagreed on a pick, DraftBoy wins out? :snicker: I also hate our 2nd round selection. Sure he might be a good value pick, but he does not fill a need IMO. We already have Stroud, Johnson, McCargo and Kyle Williams. I prefer the choice that Alex said. He would be a much better option. I also am shocked that you have Owen Schmitt falling to the 6th round and still the Bills don't take him. He definitely fills a need and if he is there for our 5th rounder or maybe even 4th round compensatory pick, I would jump all over him.

Double sided Quarter with heads, Alex kept picking tails...what do you want me to say?

Both Mystic and I are of the same opinion on Schmitt I think, and thats been published numerous times around here.

mysticsoto
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Edwards 1st season might not have been a success, but it certainly was not a failure.

The major difference is the current Bills administration had an hand in drafting Edwards, where as Parcells had nothing to do with Beck. It is much more likely the Fish take a QB early than the Bills.

Not to mention that even in limited playing time Beck looked really, really bad (see the game in Buffalo)

I was just about to say the same thing. There is a big difference between the vtwo in that this administration CHOSE Edwards while Parcells did not choose Beck and may not like him.

mysticsoto
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Well if he is a steal of a pick then I say go for it but I don't think we need a DT at all.

DB hits it on the head, but essentially, Stroud (or McCargo) could go down with an injury and our defense would become last years' defense all over again. We not only need insurance, but also youth to mold and eventually take Stroud's place. Keep in mind that Spencer could be used here and there at DE kinda like we used Hargrove at DE from time to time.

For the cover 2, DL is more important than anything else or it crumbles. Just look at Chicago last year...

PECKERWOOD
04-21-2008, 12:33 PM
He can play DE if need be, but given Stroud's injury history the fact that neither Johnson nor McCargo are really established NFL starters some depth certainly is not a bad idea at least imo.

Don't forget that Spencer Johnson can play DE if we were to draft Laws.

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't forget that Spencer Johnson can play DE if we were to draft Laws.

So can Laws they are similar players in that regard.

Michael82
04-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Kyle Williams is not that bad. I see no need for a DT, especially after they signed Spencer Johnson too.

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Kyle Williams is not that bad. I see no need for a DT, especially after they signed Spencer Johnson too.

No he really is pretty bad. He gives a lot of effort, he just doesnt make very many plays.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Good job on taking the time but this mock draft SUCKS I will shoot myself if this what goes down this weekend... imo

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
DB hits it on the head, but essentially, Stroud (or McCargo) could go down with an injury and our defense would become last years' defense all over again. We not only need insurance, but also youth to mold and eventually take Stroud's place. Keep in mind that Spencer could be used here and there at DE kinda like we used Hargrove at DE from time to time.

For the cover 2, DL is more important than anything else or it crumbles. Just look at Chicago last year...
The hole in this logic is the Bills administration obviously feels the 2 guys they just picked up will be solid players other wise they would not have signed or traded for them. What are we going to have 5 dts and 3 ends? Again if this guy can play end fine but otherwise I think we are waisting a second round pick on a luxury item.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 01:00 AM
The hole in this logic is the Bills administration obviously feels the 2 guys they just picked up will be solid players other wise they would not have signed or traded for them. What are we going to have 5 dts and 3 ends? Again if this guy can play end fine but otherwise I think we are waisting a second round pick on a luxury item.
Good post, Thurm! I was thinking the same thing. :bf1:

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Both Laws and Johnson can play DE, so its more like 2 DT's, 3 DE's, and 2 DT/DE. I have Kyle Williams getting cut in my scenario.

mysticsoto
04-22-2008, 08:09 AM

If we did grab Trevor Laws, there would be little reason to keep Jason Jefferson on our roster. Both Laws and Spencer can play DT or DE, so now you've added versatility. If Kyle Williams doesn't improve, he could also be dropped.

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with having 5 DTs if you are going to be rotating them constantly and if 2 of them can also play DE. On the contrary...you've just built up insurance and versatility into our defensive line that should show payoffs on the field!

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Got it. If he is versatile it would give the Bills a great rotation to keep everyone fresh.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow, this thread feels a little lighter now. :doh:

For the record, if anymore of these threads start going to a Bills/Dolphins argument, the thread will be split into the Smack Zone. We don't want this stuff ruining perfectly good threads. Thank you!

Mikey82 - BillsZone Mod