View Full Version : Chris Brown might know something.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Way back into bottom of first?

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:46 AM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3306)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>WAY BACK INTO BOTTOM OF 1ST?: According to the Seattle News Tribune (http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/339285.html) the Seahawks are looking to move out of the first round next weekend in the first round of the draft. So with receiver widely considered a less than stellar value at 11, if Buffalo wants to move back into the bottom of the first round to grab a receiver, it looks like there could be a willing partner in Seattle. Buffalo did that two years ago moving back into the first to get John McCargo. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HHURRICANE
04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
The Bills might be listening to me. How sick would it be if we get Harvey and a starting #2 WR???

X-Era
04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
The Bills might be listening to me. How sick would it be if we get Harvey and a starting #2 WR???

Harvey and a #2 WR, DRC and a #2 WR either would be great and several other versions would be good as well.

YardRat
04-20-2008, 03:55 PM
It would certainly help being able to go BPA with the pick at #11.

PECKERWOOD
04-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't want to trade up, we really need the picks. There is a great chance that a nice WR will be available with our 2nd round pick, we should play it cool.

Mitchy moo
04-20-2008, 04:04 PM

Mitchy moo
04-20-2008, 04:06 PM

That's one great plan, now we just have to hope our top WR is still on the board at that time.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Harvey and a #2 WR, DRC and a #2 WR either would be great and several other versions would be good as well.

I wouldn't complain about your scenario but I just don't see our secondary as big a need as everyone else sees it. A pass rush fixes alot of problems in your secondary.

I'm pretty sure the development and transition for a pass rushing DE is going to be alot faster than CB or WR.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2008, 04:10 PM
That's one great plan, now we just have to hope our top WR is still on the board at that time.

I think you take the top 5 WRs and put them on a board with a spinning needle. I'm not sure anyone has separated themselves.

Mitchy moo
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I think you take the top 5 WRs and put them on a board with a spinning needle. I'm not sure anyone has separated themselves.

That's exactly why I didn't specify a WR.

RockStar36
04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Didn't Pat suggest something like this a week or two ago?

Mitchy moo
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Didn't Pat suggest something like this a week or two ago?

Your right, I think it was in his 44th or 45th thread about the draft.

yordad
04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't want to trade up, we really need the picks. There is a great chance that a nice WR will be available with our 2nd round pick, we should play it cool.Sitting in the second and watching Sweed, Thomas, Hardy and Kelly all get taken off the board doesn't seem like a great three hours to me.

I like DRC at 11 if that can be done.

X-Era
04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't complain about your scenario but I just don't see our secondary as big a need as everyone else sees it. A pass rush fixes alot of problems in your secondary.

I'm pretty sure the development and transition for a pass rushing DE is going to be alot faster than CB or WR.

I think we are looking to improve all levels of our defense

1) DL- Stroud, Johnson
2) LB's- Mitchell
3) DB's- ??? I would absolutely LOVE to grab Brandon Flowers, I think he would be a perfect cover 2 CB for us. The problem is, hes 2nd or 3rd rounder and if we move up for a WR, those picks will be gone

X-Era
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Sitting in the second and watching Sweed, Thomas, Hardy and Kelly all get taken off the board doesn't seem like a great three hours to me.

I like DRC at 11 if that can be done.

I really would like to see a WR with one of our 1st two picks. I dont care where, and out of the top 3 that fit the Bill (Sweed, Kelly, Thomas) I dont care who.

I just would like one of them to be our guy.

coastal
04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
The problem is, hes 2nd or 3rd rounder and if we move up for a WR, those picks will be gone
I agree.

If we trade up at all, I would prefer we do it from Round 3.

That way we's have 3 new potential starters instead of just 2.

X-Era
04-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I agree.

If we trade up at all, I would prefer we do it from Round 3.

That way we's have 3 new potential starters instead of just 2.

Thanks for the thanks, and I agree that I would love to land 3 starters instead of two. However, I am a fan of landing one of the top 3 WR's. I just dont know how we do that unless we wait for one to drop to the 2nd and then move up to get him.

Most likely thats Kelly.

TigerJ
04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm not so sure about that. DeSean Jackson is probably considered one of the top five receivers, but I would be mighty unhappy if he were the Bills' pick as a compliment to Lee Evans. I wouldn't be real thrilled with Early Doucet either. As far as talent level, they might all be close, but there are clear differences when it comes to who is the better fit for Buffalo.

yordad
04-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I really would like to see a WR with one of our 1st two picks. I dont care where, and out of the top 3 that fit the Bill (Sweed, Kelly, Thomas) I dont care who.

I just would like one of them to be our guy.Well, do you think any of those three will be available when we are up in the second? And, just curious if there was something specific against Hardy that influenced you in leaving him off your list? But, I honestly don't care too much which of the four either, but I guess I would go Sweed, Thomas, Hardy, Kelly, but it is very, very close. In fact, I keep changing it the more I look at it.

Goobylal
04-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think he knows anything, other than the Seahawks are looking to trade down and the Bills have been known to trade back into the 1st round. It makes sense to think 2 and 2 make 4 here. I don't know though if I'd want the Bills giving-up their 2nd and 3rd rounders just to get 1 pick. Instead I'd favor trading down to say 19, getting an additional 2nd, and then going from there, trading back into the 1st if need be.

patmoran2006
04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Didn't Pat suggest something like this a week or two ago?I did.. Even used Seattle as the team we'd move back up with.. NE39 also in that thread posted comments made by the Seattle GM about moving back. Thanks for noticing.

And Skooby, your idiot comments prove that you just simply crave the attention.. Or do you enjoy the controversy of trying to bait someone to attack you? I wont bother, because you bring absolutely nothing, and I do mean nothing, informative and/or insightful to the board.. So basically, you're a complete waste of time and I"ll save my debating and arguements for someone else whom I feel has at least an ounce of respect and credibility. Now go play in one of the other forums that have nothing to do with Bills football. you clearly don't belong here or on any thread that has any substance.

bigbub2352
04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Chris Brown is very realiable in gettin things wrong, I think we are trading down to 19 or so and gettin our WR, then we will be looking at CB, DE, DT TE, C, FB WR, OT, QB, etc. not in any order, but those are the postions i deem we need depth and starters at, WR, FB, TE and C are the starters

DMBcrew36
04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think he knows anything, other than the Seahawks are looking to trade down and the Bills have been known to trade back into the 1st round. It makes sense to think 2 and 2 make 4 here. I don't know though if I'd want the Bills giving-up their 2nd and 3rd rounders just to get 1 pick. Instead I'd favor trading down to say 19, getting an additional 2nd, and then going from there, trading back into the 1st if need be.

yeah I don't think the Bills front office brass tells Chris Brown much of anything.

HHURRICANE
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm not so sure about that. DeSean Jackson is probably considered one of the top five receivers, but I would be mighty unhappy if he were the Bills' pick as a compliment to Lee Evans. I wouldn't be real thrilled with Early Doucet either. As far as talent level, they might all be close, but there are clear differences when it comes to who is the better fit for Buffalo.

I think Doucet might be a good pick actually.