PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills stay at #11...

Don't Panic
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
...which of the four positions would you be MOST disappointed with them addressing?

bigbub2352
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
We need offense early, i personally think our starters are all set on D, we should only be drafting depth
We need potentially 3 starters to emerge from this draft WR, FB, and potentially TE, i wouldnt mind throwing in Center either

YardRat
04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Tough call between corner and o-line. I really wouldn't be disappointed with any of the four...We need WR and CB, another DE would be nice, but I guess going guard or tackle would make the least sense.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
1st pick: WR
2nd pick: C

PECKERWOOD
04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I went with CB because I feel like Leodis McKelvin is going to be gone before we pick and he is the only CB I'd love to see the Bills take at #11. The rest of the CB's aren't head and shoulders above the rest and that especially includes DRC. CB seems to be really deep this year, we need to go OL, DL or WR with the 1st pick.

Preacher
04-20-2008, 11:26 PM
A smart idea, if there are no GLARING needs... is to trade down 10 or so spots for a first round an second round. That way you get three picks in the first two rounds.

I don't think that the Bills needs a top of the line player at a position. In order to take the next step, they need two or three STRONG players at thier position. Trading down will achieve that for them.

Bert102176
04-20-2008, 11:59 PM
we need WR's say Sweed with our 1st pick and if Kelly, Doucett, or Maningham are there with our 2nd I say we take 1 of them also or a key TE with the 2nd pick and Schmitt in the 3rd

Devin
04-21-2008, 01:25 AM
WR

Oaf
04-21-2008, 01:30 AM
CB, then OL. I want Flowers bad, but not at 11. There are several other corners I like in the 3rd round, whose value in round 3 exceeds the value of any of the CBs at 11, JMO.

Night Train
04-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Good question because technically, none would be a bad pick.

I picked DE because while I'm well aware of a need for a pass rusher, it makes little difference if the DE is trying to run 20 yards downfield with coverage responsibilities. There are plenty of calls on the Cover 2 D that don't allow the DE to rush the passer.

So what are we going to teach Derrick Harvey ? How to refine his backpedal in coverage ?

I can't stand our scheme and hope the Stroud aquisition is a sign the Bills coaches are finally admitting the D can't stop either the run or pass consistently.

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2008, 06:08 AM
While I don't think the OL is quite where it needs to be, I don't think it warrants taking our top pick when we clearly have many other, more pressing needs.

Don't Panic
04-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Pretty spread out... looks like a Derrick Harvey pick would create the least waves around here... at least based on the completely scientific method of this poll.

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Pretty spread out... looks like a Derrick Harvey pick would create the least waves around here... at least based on the completely scientific method of this poll.

Eh I don't know at this point. WR is still my #1 concern easily, but it becomes increasingly unlikely that we will pick one at 11. In that case, I'm fine with either a CB or a DE and hopefully a tradeup to the late first to grab the WR.

Harvey is not my first choice though at all.