PDA

View Full Version : Possible dance partner

FlyingDutchman
04-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Redskins Take Stock of Choices (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/19/AR2008041901734.html)
April 20 Washington Post

"The Redskins hold the 21st pick in the April 26-27 draft, and they are expected to discuss trading down if the top players on their draft board have been selected when they are scheduled to pick. How the draft unfolds will help to determine the Redskins' plan, and Vinny Cerrato, executive vice president of football operations, said he is always interested in making a good deal."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/19/AR2008041901734.html

Wonder what players are on their board. Id expect them to go Phillips if hes there

FlyingDutchman
04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Dont know if this was posted already but heres another possible partner to get back into the first. This one makes more sense to me. The seahawks could take a TE with our 2nd and we could snag a WR.

Will draft day be moving day for Seahawks? (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/359783_hawk19.html)
April 19 Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"To Tim Ruskell, draft choices are gold. But the Seahawks president is dealing with a deficit this year because the team has only six selections in next weekend's seven-round NFL draft. That's why Ruskell is not ruling out the possibility of trading down from the 25th pick in the first round."
Seahawks look to trade down (http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/339285.html)
April 19 Tacoma News Tribune

"Seattle Seahawks general manager Tim Ruskell on Friday said there is a good chance the team will trade down in the April 26-27 draft in order to acquire additional picks."

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
I would much rather see the Bills trade down early and then trade up later (i.e. trade down from 11 and then up from the 3rd round)

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 09:29 AM
I would also, but if we do stay at 11 and dont go WR, I think theres a strong possiblility we try to get back in again to take a top WR. We have the ammo to do it.

historypete
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
The Redskins have to find a way to give all their draft picks away, they do it every year, so it might as well be us taking them. I could see us getting their 1st, 2nd and 4ht for them to move up to #11. At that spot we could still grab Thomas or Sweed, assuming Philly goes OL.

I wonder how Snyder is going to pass a whole draft day. Usually they only have a 1st rounder and then a 5th and 6th round pick. Man, is he going to be annoyed at how long the draft can take.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I would much rather see the Bills trade down early and then trade up later (i.e. trade down from 11 and then up from the 3rd round)

just read an interesting scenerio. Weve been looking at Dallas, what about their #22 pick, their second round pick this year, and a third next year to swap firsts with us? Im assuming Mcfadden will be gone, so I dont really think theres anyone there theyd covet that badly

I would like this, but Id really like to take a starting CB at 11 and move back in though. We have the picks to make it happen. Our 2nd, one of the 4ths and a 7th should be good enough to trade up with someone like the seahawks at 25. They want more picks, we happen to have some extra. It makes sense. We could grab two solid starters

X-Era
04-21-2008, 06:02 PM

Why? There must be players you are targeting, who are they?

X-Era
04-21-2008, 06:03 PM
just read an interesting scenerio. Weve been looking at Dallas, what about their #22 pick, their second round pick this year, and a third next year to swap firsts with us? Im assuming Mcfadden will be gone, so I dont really think theres anyone there theyd covet that badly

I would like this, but Id really like to take a starting CB at 11 and move back in though. We have the picks to make it happen. Our 2nd, one of the 4ths and a 7th should be good enough to trade up with someone like the seahawks at 25. They want more picks, we happen to have some extra. It makes sense. We could grab two solid starters

No problem with that move, It just seems like more than tehy would be willing to give. I would take that move for their 1st and 2nd alone.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 06:12 PM
No problem with that move, It just seems like more than tehy would be willing to give. I would take that move for their 1st and 2nd alone.

yeah i agree, and I just dont think theres anyone there theyd make that strong of a move for except Mcfadden who I can all but promise will be gone. If Mcfadden was to magically fall, I hope to god we absolutely rape the Cowboys of their picks. Id BS the hell out of Jerry Jones and tell him I have Detroit on the other line foaming at the mouth.