PDA

View Full Version : A Steeler fan looks at the Bills Schedule

Preacher
04-20-2008, 11:53 PM
OK...

Here is a shot at the schedule this year... what do you all think?

Sept. 7 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> Seahawks 1 p.m. WIN 1-0

The Seahawks have missed their window of opportunity. Last year, a decent Steelers team shut these guys out. This year, with questions at RB, a head coach that seems to maybe have lost a bit of desire amongst other things, I just don't see it. Furthermore, the Bills know they were just one game out last year.

<o:p></o:p>
2 Sept. 14 at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> Jaguars 1 p.m. Loss 1-1

Jags are a tough team that are built to go north (especially late in the year...) and grind out games. They again have a decent servicable QB which is about all they need. I think they are too strong on all sides of the ball for the Bills to win this game early. Middle of the year may have been a different story.

3 Sept. 21 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Oakland</st1:place></st1:City> Raiders 1 p.m. Win 2-1.

In order to lose to this team, you have to have one of the worst games in 2 seasons, which is exactly why the Steelers lost to them two years ago:oops:

I don't think that will be a problem for the Bills.

4 Sept. 28 at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">St. Louis</st1:place></st1:City> Rams 4:05 p.m. Win 3-1

THis will be a bit of a shocker. The Bills showed that when they want to, they can step up and put the smack down on a team. The Rams are NOT as good as the Cowboys, and the Cowboys barely won. This is possibly a national game in this time slot. I expect the Bills to surprise.

5 Oct. 5 at <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:State> Cardinals 4:15 p.m. Loss 3-2.

Welcome to the life of trap games. Big win last week, team feels good about itself and loos at going into the bye week 4-1... they end up overlooking this team that can play well when they want.

6 Oct. 12 Bye <o:p></o:p>
7 Oct. 19 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> Chargers 1 p.m. loss 3-3

At this point... the season itself has changed things too much to speculate. So I will just put wins and losses.

8 Oct. 19 at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> Dolphins 1 p.m. Win 4-3<o:p></o:p>
9 Nov. 2 <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State> Jets 1 p.m. Win 5-3 <o:p></o:p>
10 Nov. 9 at <st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place> Patriots 1 p.m. Loss 5-4<o:p></o:p>
11 Nov. 17 (Mon.) <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> Browns 8:30 p.m. Win (You better!) 5-4<o:p></o:p>
12 Nov. 23 at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City> Chiefs 1 p.m. Win (7-4)<o:p></o:p>
13 Nov. 30 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:place></st1:City> 49ers 1 p.m. Win (8-4)<o:p></o:p>
14 Dec. 7 <st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> Dolphins (at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:City>) 4:05 p.m. Win (9-4)<o:p></o:p>
15 Dec. 14 at <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State> Jets 1 p.m. Win(10-4) They will have learned their lesson from the previous game<o:p></o:p>
16 Dec. 21 at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> Broncos 4:05 p.m. Loss (10-5)<o:p></o:p>
17 Dec. 28 <st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place> Patriots 1 p.m. Loss (10-6).

The team will probably make it into the wildcard based on their win against the Browns

more cowbell
04-21-2008, 12:44 AM
i could see either the san diego or arizona game being wins and the rams game being a loss...

the bills struggle (not the past 2 years) at the jets too so that could be a loss

there is absolutely no chance cleveland beats us...we can win one game all year and it will be that game i dont care how good theyre supossed to be

Romes
04-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Its cool to see one these from a fan of another team which doesn't have us going 5-11.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Its cool to see what one these from a fan of another team that doesn't have us going 5-11.

true.

YardRat
04-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I'd take it.

Luisito23
04-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Sounds....I mean reads good to me.....

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2008, 07:01 AM
You're pretty dead on with my thinking, just sliiiiiightly more optimisitc. I'm thinking 9-7 personally. Of course, everything is predicated around the fact that Trent Edwards won't suck and that we stay a lot healthier than last year.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
You're pretty dead on with my thinking, just sliiiiiightly more optimisitc. I'm thinking 9-7 personally. Of course, everything is predicated around the fact that Trent Edwards won't suck and that we stay a lot healthier than last year.

Our schedule got easier as well.

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Our schedule got easier as well.

I have no clue what that has to do with what I said, but yeah, it should be easier.

TigerJ
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I've said there are probably 4 games on the schedule that are not winnable under ordinary circumstances. Given that there could be a few games in the winnable category that Buffalo loses because of lapses in concentration, injuries or whatever, I thinka final record anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4 is possible. My actual expectation is that it will be right in the middle, you prediction of 10-6. Part of the problem this season is that the Bills will need to learn how to win, how to hold on when ahead, how to avoid critical mistakes at crucial moments, how to think like a team that expects to win.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I have no clue what that has to do with what I said, but yeah, it should be easier.

One of the predications should of been a easier schedule, which we really don't know until the games starts and we see how our opposing teams do.

mybills
04-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Why do most people think the Seahawks suck?

hydro
04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Why do most people think the Seahawks suck?

Because they are in a cupcake division.

mybills
04-21-2008, 08:06 AM
lol, I thought they did pretty good last year.

I also don't ever go by the SOS..it's a coin toss every year.

Pinkerton Security
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
lol, I thought they did pretty good last year.

I also don't ever go by the SOS..it's a coin toss every year.

i like to look at some of the teams we lost to last year, as opposed to some of the teams the other team lost to, and the circumstances.

Seattle lost to AZ, Pit, Carolina, Atl, NO, and Clev.

We lost to the Browns too, but it was in horrific weather. In general, I feel that if we had their schedule last year, we would have done around the same as they did. They play in a division that is worse than ours, and it just seems that they are on the slide. I see it being a close game Week 1 with us pulling out a win. I dont think the Seahawks are horrible, they have a solid D and a solid QB, but they arent all they are cracked up to be, IMO.

Ebenezer
04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
At this point, assuming there is some help with offensive weapons, I agree with that breakdown. I could see the Bills beating Denver to go 11-5. Who knows? The NE may not mean anything to the Pats and they could win 12. However, as the offense is constructed right now they will struggle to get to 9 wins.

raphael120
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll reserve judgement after the draft...but as far i as I can see, we aint makin any noise unless we get some offensive help.

Preacher
04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
it is true....

the hard thing about prognostication at this time of the year is that the draft, camp, preseason, etc. ALL makes such a difference.

However, the Bills showed signs of life last year. As I said before, don't draft a star, trade out and draft 3 or 4 STRONG players. It will help the team that much more.

The only difference, is if the BAP is too good to pass up.