PDA

View Full Version : RD&C-Chad Johnson would be worth Bills' No. 11 pick

YardRat
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080421/SPORTS0101/804210318/1007/SPORTS

Don't laugh. I'm not losing my mind. How about the Buffalo Bills (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080421/SPORTS0101/804210318/1007/SPORTS#) offering the No. 11 pick in Saturday's NFL college draft to Cincinnati for Chad Johnson? Why gamble on drafting a wide receiver when one of the five best in the sport is on the trade block?

Johnson and Lee Evans would be an exciting WR duo and Sunday afternoons would be a lot more fun for Bills fans.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 06:19 AM
He's an attention who're and I like it, bring him in.

mikemac2001
04-21-2008, 06:25 AM
We Need a face to this team havent had one since bruce

Confused
04-21-2008, 06:33 AM
get him here now!!!!! draft another wr next year if Lee throws a hissy. didnt some one say that wr has the highest bust percentage of all positions? well, 0chocinco aint no bust.....

Luisito23
04-21-2008, 06:34 AM
Well even the smallest person can :dream:....

SquishDaFish
04-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Love to see us trade for him. But would prefer a 2nd this year and 2nd next year.But get him here anyway

Bill Brasky
04-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Again, I like Chad Johnson and the thought of him on this team would send my optimism for this offense through the roof.

That being said... I would be hesitant of giving up our #1 pick for him... NE got Moss for a 4th rounder.

trapezeus
04-21-2008, 08:20 AM
i'm not anti chad johnson, but seeing that our team isn't a legit contender this year, it doesn't seem worth it. You get a guy in his prime because the team is in its prime. The bills have to make some huge steps on offense and defense to be considered a wildcard team.

Additionally, i think that the #11 pick is way too high. Last year, Moss went for a 4th round pick. and that was Randy Moss. The bills aren't that desperate. they'll stick with a WR in one of the first 3 rounds.

ddaryl
04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Common sense here sugests that we trade back from #11, gain extra picks before we hand over our 1st rd pick to Cincy for Chad IF we are interested.

OR we trade next years #1 and keep our picks this year. If Lee doesn't sign a favorable extension we franchise him and get our #1 back next year.

but in all honesty... Chad is a major malcontent in Cincy, and Cincy needs to get something in returen rather then nothing. Do the Bills or anyone else really have to give up a #1 for loud mouth, spot light hogging, demanding to be traded player.

Dude
04-21-2008, 09:02 AM
:shakeno:

HAMMER
04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
No thank you, too much attitude, too close to the downside. Extend Evans and bring in a big receiver that can grow with the rest of our young offense. If the FO is able to trade back we could still get our big receiver and another second round pick that could turn out to be an extra impact player.

Jeff1220
04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd be hesitant to do it, but I'd still do it. Lee and CJ would be a sweet duo.

raphael120
04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Come on fellas, easy math here:

Bills = cheap
Chad = Expensive
Rookie WR = Cheap

Bills + Rookie WR = Reality
Bills + Chad Johnson = Funtime Bills Land

evol4276
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
i'd rather have hackett or bryant johnson

/joking

ddaryl
04-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Come on fellas, easy math here:

Bills = cheap
Chad = Expensive
Rookie WR = Cheap

Bills + Rookie WR = Reality
Bills + Chad Johnson = Funtime Bills Land

maybe it me, but I could of swore last year we spent a lot of money on OL and then spent a lot of money resigning our DE's

didn't we spend a nice chunk of cash on Spikes to lure him away from Cincy...

your post is based in your artifical perception of reality. The Bills will spend, but they won't pick up every FA or potential trade player you want.

I would say Chad Johnsons demeanor and attention hogging personality is more in line with why the Bills won't try to land him in a trade

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
maybe it me, but I could of swore last year we spent a lot of money on OL and then spent a lot of money resigning our DE's

didn't we spend a nice chunk of cash on Spikes to lure him away from Cincy...

your post is based in your artifical perception of reality. The Bills will spend, but they won't pick up every FA or potential trade player you want.

I would say Chad Johnsons demeanor and attention hogging personality is more in line with why the Bills won't try to land him in a trade

All of that and the $.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2008, 01:28 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

feelthepain
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
God that would be fantastic...get er done!!