PDA

View Full Version : The Bills to Pony up for Evans?!?!

soapman
04-21-2008, 08:27 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers041908.htm

ddaryl
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
seems weird that they would wait for any reason. pony up now or pony up later it will all be the same, so why not do it now.

or do they want to see what lee can do with the WR help the Bills plan to bring in ?

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
The only reason for the wait is to see what they come out of the draft with. Ocho is in play, Roy Williams, even Boldin is a potential target. After looking over all of it, one great draft pick and one great FA acquisition, Lee is expendable.

mybills
04-21-2008, 08:41 AM
better late than never.

HAMMER
04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
The only reason for the wait is to see what they come out of the draft with. Ocho is in play, Roy Williams, even Boldin is a potential target. After looking over all of it, one great draft pick and one great FA acquisition, Lee is expendable.

Expendable? No. There is no sense in bringing in Ocho Attitude or anyone else when you have a great receiver on the team that knows the system. They need to pay the man and keep him here.

Michael82
04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
That's great news. When the Bills like someone, they do show that they are willing to open up the wallet, look at Derrick Dockery for the biggest example. I just hope that he feels the same way and wants to be here. :pray:

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Expendable? No. There is no sense in bringing in Ocho Attitude or anyone else when you have a great receiver on the team that knows the system. They need to pay the man and keep him here.

Just look at the stats, Lee needs another strong WR to be successful Ocho does not. Ochoa is consistently great and Lee has been off and on. In a nutshell, I do not hold Lee in as high a regard alone as many of you do but if he gets a talented player to compliment him, he'll do well.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
seems weird that they would wait for any reason. pony up now or pony up later it will all be the same, so why not do it now.

or do they want to see what lee can do with the WR help the Bills plan to bring in ?

I don't the article means the Bills are waiting (they might be), but that it might take awhile and/or Evans and his agent might wait to see what other deals/extensions are made.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I hope we lock Evans in for the long haul. Some people say that we should draft our WRs of the future this year with the anticipation of letting Evans walk. That would be completely stupid and short-sighted. So what happens if these rookies turn out capable of being the starters in a few years? What, we draft another generation and let these guys walk again, and continue to rebuild every 3 years? Is that the way good franchises operate? Don't think so. That would be dumb.

Give him a top 5 WR deal and lock him up for good. It's not like we don't have the cap room.

raphael120
04-21-2008, 10:01 AM
LOL People in Buffalo must be smoking the grass pretty hard if they even think for a second Chad Johnson would come here.

BigGabes23
04-21-2008, 10:04 AM

Do you really think the Bills are going to trade for Chad Johnson?! It will never happen.

The only player I would put over Evans is Williams. I would love to see what they two of them together could do.

Also, I don't know why people on this site are so willing to let Evans go. He is a class guy who has never complained, even though he could be an elite receiver somewhere else. I saw we pay this guy and let him be the #1 guy for years to come!

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2008, 10:04 AM
LOL People in Buffalo must be smoking the grass pretty hard if they even think for a second Chad Johnson would come here.
I agree, and we don't want him either.

He's a big mouth showcase me guy who needs to be in the big market spotlight. A small market blue collar team like Buffalo is the exact opposite of a fit for him. That's why he's unhappy in Cincinnati.

Dallas is where he needs to be, except the fact that they already have a big mouth showcase me guy there. Maybe they'll take another.

Ed
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Just look at the stats, Lee needs another strong WR to be successful Ocho does not. Ochoa is consistently great and Lee has been off and on. In a nutshell, I do not hold Lee in as high a regard alone as many of you do but if he gets a talented player to compliment him, he'll do well.
Really? I thought Evans did pretty good in 2006. He put up pro-bowl numbers and I wouldn't exactly say he had other strong WR's around him.

You don't think having TJ Houz. and Chris Henry and Palmer throwing the ball helps Ocho? Not to mention a strong running game with Rudi Johnson.

You may not hold Lee in high regard, but the rest of the league does.

BigGabes23
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM

I think Lee's stats over the past two years prove what an unbelivable player he is... The numbers he has put up being the only passing threat with a mediacore QB or rookie QB throwing to him are unreal.

Tatonka
04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
i would love to be wrong on this one.. because i dont think lee has any interest in staying in buffalo necessarily.. not that he hates buffalo, but i think he is a smart guy who will look for the most money in free agency. if i am way off, that would be awesome, because i would love for him to stay.