• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Bills primary goal in building a team: Beat NE

The bar has been set in the AFC and we have to hold one goal most important, fielding a team that can compete and beat NE. Our off season has been spent acquiring players that made us more like the Giants (including acquiring a Giant player), so the goal is clear to me.

This is one of the main reasons I feel that we draft Harvey and move up into the late 1st round and pick a WR up. NE lost because their offense was pinched by the Giants pass rush, nothing less than obvious. We have pictures of Brady in pain and confused from that game, all thanks to the pass rush. The only way that the Bills can overtake NE and most other teams is to limit their access to run, pass and think. I am simplifying this but our team gave away too much defensively to win last season, that will no longer be the case.

Go Bills!!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills primary goal in building a team that must be to beat NE

With this reasoning who are we drafting to cover Moss?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Bills primary goal in building a team: Beat NE

There is no covering Moss regardless of who the corner is.

Hit Brady hard and often and the ball won't even get to Moss. That's why I think Harvey is the pick.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Moss will always get his chances but Brady will not have his usual time to kill us, that's over. We are going to focus on controlling the ground and limiting the QB's time to pass.

The Bills will also be able to build leads that our defense can hold. We will force teams to become one dimensional and favor the pass, which gives us the chance to focus in on their QB.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

ok thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            DRC
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              DRC
              DRC is like anti-venom, I just want the snake headless before it can strike.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

How about we concentrate on making the playoffs and being competitive in the league before we make our goal to beat one of the best teams of all time. Another thing, I just dont understand why people think that drafting the 3rd best DE in the draft who had a decent 8.5 sacks, most of which were caused by the QB running away from the other DE, and who will probably see the field in rotation only is going to magically change the way we get to Brady. Our D, may have been terrible last year, but they didnt give up a crazy amount of points in most games. Our failure to move the ball and put up points, is what did us in.
                Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Another way to beat NE is score more points. Harvey is NOT gonna come in and just get to Brady. I doubt he's even gonna beat either Kelsay or Schobel in his first year. If you're drafting for the future then yes. For immediate impact, doubt it unless he can play TE or WR.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    DRC is like anti-venom, I just want the snake headless before it can strike.
                    yeah who wants a CB who is over 6 feet tall, runs a 4.3 and was the MVP of the senior bowl....

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                      yeah who wants a CB who is over 6 feet tall, runs a 4.3 and was the MVP of the senior bowl....
                      Never had tough competition plays into it. I also feel that Harvey is good to go out of the box and DRC will take more time.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                        D2 school, never had tough competition plays into it. I also feel that Harvey is good to go out of the box and DRC will take more time.
                        He did not play at a d2 school
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                          How about we concentrate on making the playoffs and being competitive in the league before we make our goal to beat one of the best teams of all time. Another thing, I just dont understant why people think that drafting the 3rd best DE in the draft who had a decent 8.5 sacks, most of which were caused by the QB running away from the other DE, and who will probably see the field in rotation only is going to magically change the way we get to Brady. Our D, may have been terrible last year, but they didnt give up a crazy amount of points in most games. Our failure to move the ball and put up points, is what did us in.
                          Outscoring a team is easier if you keep your opponents score down. Our goal is to make sure Brady hears footsteps until Wednesday after playing us. He hasn't even needed to shower after playing us up until now, that's about to change.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Dude people need to let this small school crap go. Do you really want me to rattle the list again of small school players in the NFL? Strahan, Terrel Owens, Brian Westbrook, Jerr Rice....the list goes on. Nobody says a word about Mckelvin coming from Troy. What exactly about Harveys game do you like Skooby.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              He did not play at a d2 school

Yeah, I fixed that after realizing he just had no competition this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X