PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Brady

losman2evans
04-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Jacksonville may release him in June. He would be a nice addition for situations. May command too much money.

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-15-2003, 07:07 PM
He wouldn't have much leverage in June. He'd probably end up signing a 1 year contract with someboy.

Tatonka
04-15-2003, 08:01 PM
we have the same type TE's as him in Moore and Cambell.. we need a pure receiving threat.

TigerJ
04-15-2003, 08:39 PM
I agree, Tatonka. Brady might have a little more of a pedigree than the guys we've got, but if we're going to pick up someone, I'd rather get a guy with some speed who can catch the ball. If he can block too, fine, but it's more important at this point to add something we don't already have.

losman2evans
04-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I thought Brady was more of a receiving tight end-- but I agree I don't think he has too much speed.

Throne Logic
04-16-2003, 06:43 AM
I don't see any more TE's being brought in, other than camp fodder. The two we have now can catch just fine. They aren't the best, but they won't be the focal point of an offense run by Captain Run-And-Shoot. I really hope that Jack@$$ figures out how to employ a running game. I keep having flashbacks to poor Warren Moon and the doomed Oilers who were completely unable to control the ball on Offense. How many years in a row did they have around 10 probowlers yet they bowed out of the playoffs each of those years without ever making it to the SB. I blame that entirely on a lack of ball control, which I blame entirely on Gilbride. Of course it was the greatest thing in the world on a cold afternoon back on Jan. 3 that fateful year . . . ticket stubbs I'll take with me to the grave.

HenryRules
04-16-2003, 07:10 AM
If those flashbacks are bothering you, hy don't you start having flashbacks to the Steelers when the Bus got 340 carries or so?

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I don't see any more TE's being brought in, other than camp fodder. The two we have now can catch just fine. They aren't the best, but they won't be the focal point of an offense run by Captain Run-And-Shoot. I really hope that Jack@$$ figures out how to employ a running game. I keep having flashbacks to poor Warren Moon and the doomed Oilers who were completely unable to control the ball on Offense. How many years in a row did they have around 10 probowlers yet they bowed out of the playoffs each of those years without ever making it to the SB. I blame that entirely on a lack of ball control, which I blame entirely on Gilbride. Of course it was the greatest thing in the world on a cold afternoon back on Jan. 3 that fateful year . . . ticket stubbs I'll take with me to the grave.

Thank you. That's been my point all along. Campbell is the JR replacement. Gash can play H-Back. There is no need for an eligible receiver who lines up directly next to the tackle.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Forget Brady!

The man has stone hands. Wade Phillips could hit him and he would fumble the ball. :lolcry:

simpletask400
04-18-2003, 08:31 AM
We have 2 te's already.