PDA

View Full Version : BIGBUB2352 2008 Annual Bills Mock DRAFT!

bigbub2352
04-21-2008, 12:38 PM
The 2008 Buffalo Bills have the ability to do something in Buffalo that hasnt been seen since 1999, get back to the playoffs and regain its respectability across the Great Nation of ours, This draft holds the key to the building blocks to finally having a potent offense to go along with a stout defense

This Mock is as is with no trades and we stay put with our current picks in everyround.

Rd1.(11) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State- 6ft 2in 218lbs 4.4 (40)
This pick has been the subject of much debate since we ended another season watching the playoffs, Our need for a starter on Offense is to great to ignore this pick, Devin brings the size/speed combo we have been looking for since losing Moulds, his 2,590yds all purpose in one year is eye popping production and his vertical and size will give us an option in the RED ZONE were are other WRs have been non exsistent for too long, THis is a no brainer for me
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AHbkz0IMIeA

Rd2.(41) Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M- 6ft 6in 259lbs 4.68 (40)
We finally get the redzone TE we have sorely needed, Royal can still be starter and lets this former basketball player ease into the starting role, giving us the most athletic TE in the draft, he is a sound blocker, has great hands, can run after the catch, and is leader and lockeroom guy, also showed a ton of class wearing 85 for KEverett, he also shores up 2nd biggest postion of need on O
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5P0ljixzaGY

Rd3.(72) Red Bryant DT Texas A&M- 6ft 4in 318lbs 5.0 (40)
This gives us another Monster at DT, we need to shore up the run defense and with Stroud, McCargo and Johnson being here already this guy gives us another runstuffer we sorely missed on 3rd and short and redzone defense, A&M produces awesome DT prospects and this kid is a force and can provide a pass rush as well, can never have enough big bodies and with Injuries being a concern with both McCargo and Stroud, depth needs to be addressed early
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UcMAm22oTeQ

Rd4.(114) Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech- 6ft 4in 263lbs 4.71 (40)
We need to address the depth on the Dline even further by getting our 4th DE in the rotation back that we lost when Hargrove got suspended, He has the size and speed and pash rushing ability to be a nice compliment to what we already have on the Dline, he also holds up well against the run, and fits a postion of need for our Defense and heavy rotation philosphy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gxd9onV1rfE

Rd4.(142) Terrell Thomas CB USC-6ft 202lbs 4.49 (40)
Alot of people have us going CB early but i think the Bills Brass are looking for a size CB, to be put in during Redzone Defense, i also think they are looking for versatlity and Terrell can also make the switch to Saftey as well, he is good against the run, and has speed to stay with WRs, he would be great on ST, and is also physical, This gives us more depth at another postion were it is needed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oM76t0xYzeQ

Rd5. (147) Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia-6ft 2in 247lbs 4.71 (40)
We need a beast to block in front of Beast Mode, Owen would be that guy, a blue collar FB, who wants nothing more than to destroy Lbrs and Dlineman, He would be an instant celebrity here and would give us a FB who can catch and run out of the back feild, he is not one dimensial like some people think, this would give us another starter we need on O, and would be a huge upgrade at the position a battering ram like good ole Sam Gash
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0YYTDHHHRrc

Rd6.(179) Adrian Arrington Wr Michigan-6ft 3in 203lbs 4.5 (40)
A value pick with freak intangibles great vertical and hands decent speed, and would be another REDZONE possession type that would bolster our Receiving corps and add some depth at the postion, i think Reed's days are numbered here under the new O cordinater, comes from a big program, and is also a cold weather WR, we need more than one WR out of this draft why not both from the state of Michigan
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rYRcmYDwFo4

Rd7. (219) Jamey Richard C Buffalo-6ft 5in 300lbs 5.1 (40)
Fowler isnt going anywhere this year cause he is under contract and this teams philosphy is not to break up the chemistry, i feel they will let him walk at the end of 08, and we will be grooming his replacement, Jamey is a huge locker room guy and and is a very intense stout Lineman he can be moved around inside giving us depth on the interior also he was an academic all american that is a good sign for a C, would luv this pick here

Rd7.(224) Curtis Johnson OLB Clark Atlanta- 6ft 2in 242lbs 4.6 (40)
A small school Division II prospect at another postion of need for depth, He has the size and speed to be a good developmental prospect, also has great pass rushing ability with 13.5 sacks at the very least he is a practice squad candidate, good value here

Rd7.(251) Kyle Wright Qb Maimi- 6ft 4in 220lbs 4.8 (40)
We need to add a prospect for the Qb ranks, with JP's future defintly not a bill in 2009, and the prospect of him being traded this year, bring in a big time college program Qb with all the attributes to be a solid QB, he just needs the lights to go on, he has good arm strength and has the ability to get out of the pocket, at the very worst he is on the PS learning the system all season
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7AWGtmsyvSs

In closing i really feel we make huge strides with this draft class or something very similiar to it

Enjoy
be gentle !

casdhf
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Good job.

DraftBoy
04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
I dont see Curtis Johnson lasting till Round 7, I like him a lot though!

PECKERWOOD
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I like that draft alot but you meant Terrell Thomas not Thompson, right?

bigbub2352
04-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I like that draft alot but you meant Terrell Thomas not Thompson, right?

Fixed

Jan Reimers
04-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I would take this draft exactly as is. Not sure that Thomas will last until our 2nd pick in the 4th round, though.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Very nice work.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I dont see Curtis Johnson lasting till Round 7, I like him a lot though!

Isn't that the rock??

Nice Draft BB!!

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Isn't that the rock??

Nice Draft BB!!

Duane Johnson is the Rock.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Duane Johnson is the Rock.

It was a joke, I know it's $.50.

Scumbag College
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
bigbub has been a big proponent and has stuck to his guns with going for a WR in the first and TE in the second. I agree WR is the biggest need, I just hope the Bills can trade down a few picks and add an extra third rounder in there. I would rather have Limas Sweed, but Thomas does have a world of potential and is an immediate upgrade over anyone else the Bills has, besides Evans. Bennett is a great athlete whom can hopefully get better.

My only criticisms would be that I would really like the Bills to not look at DT until later in the draft, if they do at all. Bryant is a big bodied guy, but with the trade for Stroud, Johnson signing in FA, McCargo continuing to improve, and Kyle Williams being a solid spot player, I don't think this is a huge need. I like Bryant, but would rather go after a DE, CB, or a C/G earlier in the draft. Also, I really think someone is going to take a stab at Schmitt before the fifth round, I see him as the premier FB in the draft (at least the one with the most exposure) and someone nabs him in the late third or early fourth.

bigbub2352
04-21-2008, 02:55 PM
bigbub has been a big proponent and has stuck to his guns with going for a WR in the first and TE in the second. I agree WR is the biggest need, I just hope the Bills can trade down a few picks and add an extra third rounder in there. I would rather have Limas Sweed, but Thomas does have a world of potential and is an immediate upgrade over anyone else the Bills has, besides Evans. Bennett is a great athlete whom can hopefully get better.

My only criticisms would be that I would really like the Bills to not look at DT until later in the draft, if they do at all. Bryant is a big bodied guy, but with the trade for Stroud, Johnson signing in FA, McCargo continuing to improve, and Kyle Williams being a solid spot player, I don't think this is a huge need. I like Bryant, but would rather go after a DE, CB, or a C/G earlier in the draft. Also, I really think someone is going to take a stab at Schmitt before the fifth round, I see him as the premier FB in the draft (at least the one with the most exposure) and someone nabs him in the late third or early fourth.

That was the tuffest part for me was what to do in the 3rd round, but i think clogging the middle takes the pressure off anything else, and even thou i like Kyle Williams, he is a situational DT, not a run stuffer, and that combined with lingering injury questions with Stroud and McCargo i thought Bryant would be to hard for the Bills to pass up there,
As for Schmitt true Fbs tend to drop in the draft and even though he has hype to him, he only has hype really to the teams fans that know they need a FB, if Owen Schmitt wasnt there i would like Peyton Hillis there too

Thanx for the comments Good Post!!

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
At FB, I really like Jacob Hester. The guy can just play the game.

As for a DT, I do understand but also think as a #4 DT Williams is OK. Not great, but OK. If they can imporve do so, but I think CB is as much of need of a need and probably more so.

Once the 3rd round gets here, it is likely BP anyway.

bigbub2352
04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
At FB, I really like Jacob Hester. The guy can just play the game.

As for a DT, I do understand but also think as a #4 DT Williams is OK. Not great, but OK. If they can imporve do so, but I think CB is as much of need of a need and probably more so.

Once the 3rd round gets here, it is likely BP anyway.

It always depends on who fell and who didnt when u get into the 3rd round, it will be BPA i am sure

historypete
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I know its only a mock, but I'd still like to trade down with Philly and grab Thomas there.

Very nice work, and good write-ups.

bigbub2352
04-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I know its only a mock, but I'd still like to trade down with Philly and grab Thomas there.

Very nice work, and good write-ups.

My ideal situation is to trade down, but with it all speculation, i figure do it as is, cause no one will be right in the end, but i thought i would fill wholes as much as possible

kernowboy
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I still think that we should trade down.

Why? because the depth of the draft is deep in ability level - a R1 choice could be only of marginal superiority of a R3 selection especially at the positions we need to upgrade on - WR, TE, CB

If the Vikings get Jared Allen for the No1, then the value for Harvey in a fight between the Chiefs and the Eagles goes up and we might be able to get their R1 and R2 for this move.

This leaves us with either No17 or No19 plus a R2 (No35) or (No49). This would be a great place to grab Devin Thomas WR, and the points value is similar.

However

Brian Brohm is moving up and the Falcons are keen to jump in, especially as the Buccaneers are circling. Trade our No17 or No19 pick to the Falcons for the Falcons No34 and No37. And we are left with no picks in R1 but the following Day1 selections (assuming the trade is with the Eagles)

R2-34 James Hardy WR Indiana
A huge target who has 'grown up' and has redzone production
R2-37 Dre Moore DE/DT Maryland
A heavy duty DT who is quick enough to go outside (4.82) and with the injury history of Stroud and McCargo provides security
R2-41 Justin King CB Penn St
Young, tall, experienced, fast and also a returner
R2-49 John Carlson TE Notre Dame
Despite a poor season season(dodgy QB?) probably the best allrounder

followed by

R3-71 Ray Rice RB Rutgers
If Marshawn goes down, better security than Jackson/Wright
R4-114 Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia
The best FB available
R4-132 Mike McGlynn RG Pittsburgh
A OLman who can push Butler and be great depth
R5-147 Trevor Scott DE Buffalo
Only one year starting but 9 sacks and quick (4.54). Our Mark Anderson?
R6-179 Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma St
Slow but physical. Adds strength to the WR corps
R7-219 Andy Studebaker SLB/DE Wheaton
With Haggan banned for 4 games, a STeamer and depth behind Crowell
R7-224 Kyle Wright QB Miami
Hard worker and similar size to Trent who can sit and learn maybe becoming a decent No2 over time
R7-251 Robbie Powell C Purdue
A hardworker who held his own on a decent Purdue line. First at LG and for the last 2years at C, held his ground and is big for a C in this class

TigerJ
04-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Nice job, BigBub. I can live with that.

DrGraves
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
as a student at buffalo, i will be the first person to say richards is nothing to drool over. what a pitiful team and especially pathetic offense

SeatownBillsFan21
04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
We will trade down this wont happen sorry

Lefty2985
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
i like the thought of it. i just dont see us take DT that early cause we have more needs then there with the FA signings and mccargo who i really like. so i would like OL taken there instead. but overall loved it and great set up with youtube links!

DANMAN
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Very nice job!

I would be happy wuith this draft. I especially like the Red Bryant pick in the 3rd.
Of all the no-trade miocks I like this one the best.

Still I hope that we trade back some to pick up Thomas or Sweed and have an extra pick.

HHURRICANE
04-21-2008, 09:27 PM
bigbub I love your #2 pick. This guy has alot of eyes on him. The Bills would be well served getting him in the 2nd!!!

Great post by the way.

bigbub2352
04-22-2008, 08:57 AM
bigbub I love your #2 pick. This guy has alot of eyes on him. The Bills would be well served getting him in the 2nd!!!

Great post by the way.

As always thanx HH