BIGBUB2352 2008 Annual Bills Mock DRAFT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

BIGBUB2352 2008 Annual Bills Mock DRAFT!

The 2008 Buffalo Bills have the ability to do something in Buffalo that hasnt been seen since 1999, get back to the playoffs and regain its respectability across the Great Nation of ours, This draft holds the key to the building blocks to finally having a potent offense to go along with a stout defense

This Mock is as is with no trades and we stay put with our current picks in everyround.

Rd1.(11) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State- 6ft 2in 218lbs 4.4 (40)
    This pick has been the subject of much debate since we ended another season watching the playoffs, Our need for a starter on Offense is to great to ignore this pick, Devin brings the size/speed combo we have been looking for since losing Moulds, his 2,590yds all purpose in one year is eye popping production and his vertical and size will give us an option in the RED ZONE were are other WRs have been non exsistent for too long, THis is a no brainer for me
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rd2.(41) Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M- 6ft 6in 259lbs 4.68 (40)
    We finally get the redzone TE we have sorely needed, Royal can still be starter and lets this former basketball player ease into the starting role, giving us the most athletic TE in the draft, he is a sound blocker, has great hands, can run after the catch, and is leader and lockeroom guy, also showed a ton of class wearing 85 for KEverett, he also shores up 2nd biggest postion of need on O
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rd3.(72) Red Bryant DT Texas A&M- 6ft 4in 318lbs 5.0 (40)
    This gives us another Monster at DT, we need to shore up the run defense and with Stroud, McCargo and Johnson being here already this guy gives us another runstuffer we sorely missed on 3rd and short and redzone defense, A&M produces awesome DT prospects and this kid is a force and can provide a pass rush as well, can never have enough big bodies and with Injuries being a concern with both McCargo and Stroud, depth needs to be addressed early

Rd4.(114) Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech- 6ft 4in 263lbs 4.71 (40)
    We need to address the depth on the Dline even further by getting our 4th DE in the rotation back that we lost when Hargrove got suspended, He has the size and speed and pash rushing ability to be a nice compliment to what we already have on the Dline, he also holds up well against the run, and fits a postion of need for our Defense and heavy rotation philosphy
    and Virginia Tech's Sean Glennon gets a cheapshot from one of UVA's finest.GO HOKIES!!!!

Rd4.(142) Terrell Thomas CB USC-6ft 202lbs 4.49 (40)
    Alot of people have us going CB early but i think the Bills Brass are looking for a size CB, to be put in during Redzone Defense, i also think they are looking for versatlity and Terrell can also make the switch to Saftey as well, he is good against the run, and has speed to stay with WRs, he would be great on ST, and is also physical, This gives us more depth at another postion were it is needed

Rd5. (147) Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia-6ft 2in 247lbs 4.71 (40)
    We need a beast to block in front of Beast Mode, Owen would be that guy, a blue collar FB, who wants nothing more than to destroy Lbrs and Dlineman, He would be an instant celebrity here and would give us a FB who can catch and run out of the back feild, he is not one dimensial like some people think, this would give us another starter we need on O, and would be a huge upgrade at the position a battering ram like good ole Sam Gash
    Pre-Fiesta Bowl feature story on Owen Schmitt and his road to becoming a West Virginia legend.

Rd6.(179) Adrian Arrington Wr Michigan-6ft 3in 203lbs 4.5 (40)
    A value pick with freak intangibles great vertical and hands decent speed, and would be another REDZONE possession type that would bolster our Receiving corps and add some depth at the postion, i think Reed's days are numbered here under the new O cordinater, comes from a big program, and is also a cold weather WR, we need more than one WR out of this draft why not both from the state of Michigan

Rd7. (219) Jamey Richard C Buffalo-6ft 5in 300lbs 5.1 (40)
    Fowler isnt going anywhere this year cause he is under contract and this teams philosphy is not to break up the chemistry, i feel they will let him walk at the end of 08, and we will be grooming his replacement, Jamey is a huge locker room guy and and is a very intense stout Lineman he can be moved around inside giving us depth on the interior also he was an academic all american that is a good sign for a C, would luv this pick here

Rd7.(224) Curtis Johnson OLB Clark Atlanta- 6ft 2in 242lbs 4.6 (40)
    A small school Division II prospect at another postion of need for depth, He has the size and speed to be a good developmental prospect, also has great pass rushing ability with 13.5 sacks at the very least he is a practice squad candidate, good value here

Rd7.(251) Kyle Wright Qb Maimi- 6ft 4in 220lbs 4.8 (40)
    We need to add a prospect for the Qb ranks, with JP's future defintly not a bill in 2009, and the prospect of him being traded this year, bring in a big time college program Qb with all the attributes to be a solid QB, he just needs the lights to go on, he has good arm strength and has the ability to get out of the pocket, at the very worst he is on the PS learning the system all season

In closing i really feel we make huge strides with this draft class or something very similiar to it

Enjoy
    be gentle !
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 04-21-2008, 01:11 PM.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: BIGBUB2352 2008 Annual Bills Mock DRAFT!

Good job.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I dont see Curtis Johnson lasting till Round 7, I like him a lot though!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

I like that draft alot but you meant Terrell Thomas not Thompson, right?

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          I like that draft alot but you meant Terrell Thomas not Thompson, right?
          Fixed
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I would take this draft exactly as is. Not sure that Thomas will last until our 2nd pick in the 4th round, though.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Very nice work.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I dont see Curtis Johnson lasting till Round 7, I like him a lot though!
                Isn't that the rock??

Nice Draft BB!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                  Isn't that the rock??

Nice Draft BB!!
                  Duane Johnson is the Rock.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Duane Johnson is the Rock.
                    It was a joke, I know it's $.50.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

bigbub has been a big proponent and has stuck to his guns with going for a WR in the first and TE in the second. I agree WR is the biggest need, I just hope the Bills can trade down a few picks and add an extra third rounder in there. I would rather have Limas Sweed, but Thomas does have a world of potential and is an immediate upgrade over anyone else the Bills has, besides Evans. Bennett is a great athlete whom can hopefully get better.

My only criticisms would be that I would really like the Bills to not look at DT until later in the draft, if they do at all. Bryant is a big bodied guy, but with the trade for Stroud, Johnson signing in FA, McCargo continuing to improve, and Kyle Williams being a solid spot player, I don't think this is a huge need. I like Bryant, but would rather go after a DE, CB, or a C/G earlier in the draft. Also, I really think someone is going to take a stab at Schmitt before the fifth round, I see him as the premier FB in the draft (at least the one with the most exposure) and someone nabs him in the late third or early fourth.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                        bigbub has been a big proponent and has stuck to his guns with going for a WR in the first and TE in the second. I agree WR is the biggest need, I just hope the Bills can trade down a few picks and add an extra third rounder in there. I would rather have Limas Sweed, but Thomas does have a world of potential and is an immediate upgrade over anyone else the Bills has, besides Evans. Bennett is a great athlete whom can hopefully get better.

My only criticisms would be that I would really like the Bills to not look at DT until later in the draft, if they do at all. Bryant is a big bodied guy, but with the trade for Stroud, Johnson signing in FA, McCargo continuing to improve, and Kyle Williams being a solid spot player, I don't think this is a huge need. I like Bryant, but would rather go after a DE, CB, or a C/G earlier in the draft. Also, I really think someone is going to take a stab at Schmitt before the fifth round, I see him as the premier FB in the draft (at least the one with the most exposure) and someone nabs him in the late third or early fourth.
                        That was the tuffest part for me was what to do in the 3rd round, but i think clogging the middle takes the pressure off anything else, and even thou i like Kyle Williams, he is a situational DT, not a run stuffer, and that combined with lingering injury questions with Stroud and McCargo i thought Bryant would be to hard for the Bills to pass up there,
                        As for Schmitt true Fbs tend to drop in the draft and even though he has hype to him, he only has hype really to the teams fans that know they need a FB, if Owen Schmitt wasnt there i would like Peyton Hillis there too

Thanx for the comments Good Post!!
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

At FB, I really like Jacob Hester. The guy can just play the game.

As for a DT, I do understand but also think as a #4 DT Williams is OK. Not great, but OK. If they can imporve do so, but I think CB is as much of need of a need and probably more so.

Once the 3rd round gets here, it is likely BP anyway.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

At FB, I really like Jacob Hester. The guy can just play the game.

As for a DT, I do understand but also think as a #4 DT Williams is OK. Not great, but OK. If they can imporve do so, but I think CB is as much of need of a need and probably more so.

Once the 3rd round gets here, it is likely BP anyway.
                            It always depends on who fell and who didnt when u get into the 3rd round, it will be BPA i am sure
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• historypete
                              • Feb 2005

I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I know its only a mock, but I'd still like to trade down with Philly and grab Thomas there.

Very nice work, and good write-ups.

Comment

Working...
                              X