PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post: Chad's money Guaranteed $ demands are....

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
The Washington Post hears that Chad Johnson's "magic number" in a sign-and-trade deal would be $20 million in guarantees.

If he's traded, Johnson would certainly would want a new deal from the team he's dealt to, complicating matters some. Larry Fitzgerald was guaranteed $30 million, so in comparison Chad's demands aren't too unreasonable.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
The Washington Post hears that Chad Johnson's "magic number" in a sign-and-trade deal would be $20 million in guarantees.

If he's traded, Johnson would certainly would want a new deal from the team he's dealt to, complicating matters some. Larry Fitzgerald was guaranteed $30 million, so in comparison Chad's demands aren't too unreasonable.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Sounds good to me, give him $12.5 Million in signing bonuses and get him here, please. $6.50 Million a season for 5 years + playoff incentives. That will increase his annual money, keep us out of cap hell and give him a change of scenary. We will owe him ~$4 Million a season plus $500,000 for every year we make the playoffs and $500,000 per pro-bowl appearance, $1 Million if we win the Superbowl. Personally I hope he comes here and collects all of his bonuses, 5 years in a row.

Jaybird
04-21-2008, 02:10 PM
so down with that!!!!!

he would also love lynch, i can feel it

justasportsfan
04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Ocho Cinco :lolpoint:
Sounds good to me, give him $12.5 Million in signing bonuses and get him here, please. $6.50 Million a season for 5 years + playoff incentives. That will increase his annual money, keep us out of cap hell and give him a change of scenary. We will owe him ~$4 Million a season plus $500,000 for every year we make the playoffs and $500,000 per pro-bowl appearance, $1 Million if we win the Superbowl. Personally I hope he comes here and collects all of his bonuses, 5 years in a row.

the only way he accepts those incentives if we bring Palmer with him. He's gonna look at our qb situation and say, "Ocho Cinco don't play that"

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
so down with that!!!!!

he would also love lynch, i can feel it

He would be the Bills version of Randy Moss, with any luck.

trapezeus
04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
i said in a different post, but i'll repeat it again. you bring a player like Johnson if you are one player away from becoming a SB team, you pay the contract and go with it. The bills aren't that team. 85 isn't going to be nearly as productive as we'll be paying him in 2-3 years when we are scheduled to be really competitive.

It's a bad investment. I'm not against him and his antics. i think he's enjoyable to watch, but he and his agent want to be with a team who thinks he's the key piece of the puzzle.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
i said in a different post, but i'll repeat it again. you bring a player like Johnson if you are one player away from becoming a SB team, you pay the contract and go with it. The bills aren't that team. 85 isn't going to be nearly as productive as we'll be paying him in 2-3 years when we are scheduled to be really competitive.

It's a bad investment. I'm not against him and his antics. i think he's enjoyable to watch, but he and his agent want to be with a team who thinks he's the key piece of the puzzle.

The teams that are there wouldn't want him and the rest cannot afford him, that just leaves us with alot of money and looking for a solid WR. A multi-year pro-bowler with 5 good years left, what else can you ask for?? His upside outweighs his attitude and considering that Trent is good guy and ML likes to rumble, I think ML will show him the ropes. ML likes to run and Chad likes to catch, we as fans like when they score.

Getting Chad = Increased scoring.

Pinkerton Security
04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Chad is one of my favorite NFL players. Hes a very good receiver that plays pretty hard. He may talk a lot, but often backs it up. When he gets shut down, he usually shuts his mouth. This being said, I was against him coming to Buffalo.

However, I have re-thought my position on the matter. The reasoning is this: Imagine the exposure a big-name player like Chad would provide to the Bills. Who is our biggest star right now: arguably Lee Evans or Marcus Stroud, both of whom I would personally rank as about a Level 3 out of 5, in terms of star-power. Marshawn is on his way up.

We all have this cloud above us, and it is known as Toronto. Nothing against Toronto, but none of us other than those who LIVE IN Toronto want the Bills to move there. I'm not saying Chad Johnson is going to single handedly save the franchise from moving out of Buffalo, but I doubt it would hurt.

This is obviously all IMHO.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Screw this Chad Johnson idea

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Screw this Chad Johnson idea

You hate to have a verifiable Pro-bowler here, you know. I'd rather draft a kid and hope he turns out to be a pro-bowler and guarantee him $12 Million than give $20 Million to a guy that is already there.

It isn't like we need a WR anyways and Lee seems so anxious to sign with us as well.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:16 PM
You hate to have a verifiable Pro-bowler here, you know. I'd rather draft a kid and hope he turns out to be a pro-bowler and guarantee him $12 Million than give $20 Million to a guy that is already there.

It isn't like we need a WR anyways and Lee seems so anxious to sign with us as well.

Yeah great idea, dump an ass load of money to a guy who is creeping up on 30 years of age and is completely in love with himself, and is a self made circus. Will you get off this whole sign every god damn person who is rumored to possibly leave their team trip? HES NOT COMING HERE. GET OVER IT.

Also, if Lee indeed does not want to sign here, WTF on earth makes you think Chad Johnson is going to want to sign here.....

X-Era
04-21-2008, 03:26 PM

The ONLY reason Randy kept his mouth shut is because Brady is throwing to him and they had an undefeated regular season.

Chad would not stay quiet long here. If we can deal with that, fine. Hes a top 2 or 3 WR in this league IMO.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah great idea, dump an ass load of money to a guy who is creeping up on 30 years of age and is completely in love with himself, and is a self made circus. Will you get off this whole sign every god damn person who is rumored to possibly leave their team trip? HES NOT COMING HERE. GET OVER IT.

Also, if Lee indeed does not want to sign here, WTF on earth makes you think Chad Johnson is going to want to sign here.....

The same reason I have seen some real ugle guys impregnate some of the hottest chicks on the planet, money.

Drew has RW's cell phone on speed dial and has called it more than once to get a result, believe what you may. We took Willis really high in the draft, paid him well and he left in a hurry when he could. Drew knows he can call here and knows we need a WR, it's just a matter of engagement.

Ocho wants out before the Draft, we have a high enough draft pick and the Cap room and the desire to get a high quality WR. If you could have a choice between Bryant Johnson or Chad Johnson for the same money, who would you take?? Chad would also draw alot of heat off of Roscoe / Lee and really open up the running game, so I cannot see how this is a bad thing. I wanted the Bills to field talent, not bodies.

Ebenezer
04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
lots of mental masturbation regarding a guy the Bills are not going to trade for.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
The same reason I have seen some real ugle guys impregnate some of the hottest chicks on the planet, money.

Drew has RW's cell phone on speed dial and has called it more than once to get a result, believe what you may. We took Willis really high in the draft, paid him well and he left in a hurry when he could. Drew knows he can call here and knows we need a WR, it's just a matter of engagement.

Ocho wants out before the Draft, we have a high enough draft pick and the Cap room and the desire to get a high quality WR. If you could have a choice between Bryant Johnson or Chad Johnson for the same money, who would you take?? Chad would also draw alot of heat off of Roscoe / Lee and really open up the running game, so I cannot see how this is a bad thing. I wanted the Bills to field talent, not bodies.

First of all, we drafted Willis, so WTF are you talking about? High in the draft...? It was something like 24th where we drafted him. Second since when have the Bills been a team known for putting up big money, especially on an aging player with semi-character problems to boot....dude....LET IT GO, HES NOT COMING

also, who the hell said Bryant Johnson and Chad Johnson would be the same price....I honestly have no clue what the hell youre talking about half the time you post...

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
First of all, we drafted Willis, so WTF are you talking about? High in the draft...? It was something like 24th where we drafted him. Second since when have the Bills been a team known for putting up big money, especially on an aging player with semi-character problems to boot....dude....LET IT GO

also, who the hell said Bryant Johnson and Chad Johnson would be the same price....I honestly have no clue what the hell youre talking about half the time you post...

Spikes, ~27 years old wanted out of Cincy and we obliged. I know we all forgot about that but we got him and a big name at the time for big money interconference.

The Bills lured him from Cincinnati in March 2003, signing the former first-round draft pick to a six-year, $32 million contract, a deal the Bengals had the right to match, but declined.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172743

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
WTF are you implying? Spike was like 27 and was nowhere near the price Johnson would be. Not to mention he was an amazing leader. Going back to your "we paid Willis well" crap, the moment we saw his big contract on the horizon we shipped him the hell out of town for a ham sandwich. Please elaborate with what you mean by "spikes"....this oughta be good.....

justasportsfan
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
You hate to have a verifiable Pro-bowler here, you know. .

Whats with the contradiction? I thought you'd be screaming for a probowl DE instead of a wr.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM
And what moron GM was here......SKOOB get it through your head, hes not coming

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
WTF are you implying? Spike was like 27 and was nowhere near the price Johnson would be. Not to mention he was an amazing leader. Going back to your "we paid Willis well" crap, the moment we saw his big contract on the horizon we shipped him the hell out of town for a ham sandwich. Please elaborate with what you mean by "spikes"....this oughta be good.....

We gave Spikes $5.4M a year and I think that we can get Ocho for a little more money than that with a good signing bonus down. We are in desperate need at the WR position and filling it with a pro-bowler would turn the frown upside down.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Whats with the contradiction? I thought you'd be screaming for a probowl DE instead of a wr.

We might be able to give up our 2nd and 3rd rounder for him and not our first. Then we can draft Harvey first, have Ocho as a WR and find a TE, CB and QB project in the later rounds. I wouldn't mind having a Pro-bowl WR and Harvey sitting on Brady's head to start this season.

justasportsfan
04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
We might be able to give up our 2nd and 3rd rounder for him and not our first. Then we can draft Harvey first, have Ocho as a WR and find a TE, CB and QB project in the later rounds. I wouldn't mind having a Pro-bowl WR and Harvey sitting on Brady's head to start this season.
USe the 1st pick on a proven DE is what you should be screaming for not on someone who may or may not bust. A proven DE will come in and make a bigger impact than any drafted DE. :rolleyes:

I thought you want to get to Brady. Ocho Cinco won't get to Brady. He may ***** about wanting to recieve passes from Brady but he won't get to Brady.

Now you sound like a lost puppy chasing his own tail.
You're contradicting yourself.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM
We gave Spikes $5.4M a year and I think that we can get Ocho for a little more money than that with a good signing bonus down. We are in desperate need at the WR position and filling it with a pro-bowler would turn the frown upside down.

Once again what GM was here....

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
USe the 1st pick on a proven DE is what you should be screaming for not on someone who may or may not bust. A proven DE will come in and make a bigger impact than any drafted DE. :rolleyes:

I thought you want to get to Brady. Ocho Cinco won't get to Brady.

he has no clue what hes talking about and always goes in circles....this is Madden to him...Im done

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
USe the 1st pick on a proven DE is what you should be screaming for.

YOu want to use our 1st pick on a DE who may or may not bust ?

I thought you want to get to Brady. Ocho Cinco won't get to Brady.

If you want to know my order of preference, I'll take Ocho first. If Ocho will not come to Buffalo, the BPA for the Bills who should be there is Harvey. If Harvey get's swallowed up by NE, there might be another player that we cannot pass up, maybe even Mcfadden ( I doubt it but Hey who knows). I would take McFadden and then keep the lines open for Jerry Jones to call, we would get his 2 first rounders and be able to draft a pair of WR's.

So to clarify this in the order I prefer things...

1.) Ocho by way of the first pick or combined 2nd / 3rd rounders, if 1st rounder used for Ocho go to 5 , if 2nd / 3rd rounders used to get him go to 2. If Ocho is unavailable, start at 2.

2.) Harvey by way of the first pick (11th) unless he is off the board then go to 3.

3. ) BPA if Harvey is off the board / McFadden - Jerry Jones drooling to get 2 late 1st round picks then go to 4, if no trade available keep player skip 4 and go to 5.

4.) Pair of late first round WR's (Via 2 from Dallas if available)

5.) Trade back into the first round via packaging 2nd / 3rd rounders with willing partner seattle -25th pick.

BigGabes23
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM

He want's $20 MM, why would he come for $12.50 MM? He is pulling a TO. He knowws that this is going to be his last guarenteed money of his career, and wants to hit it big. I am not sure he is worth multiple picks and $20 MM. Really the only place I can see him going to is Washington.

DrGraves
04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
never in my life would i expect the buffalo bills to try to get him. although im sure the l.a. or toronto bills would.

venis2k1
04-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Yea, when Randy Moss went to Oakland.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Yea, when Randy Moss went to Oakland.

I leave a door open and someone will walk through it.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Im all for Chad to buffalo I think this would be great.

Dude
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Chad Johnson isn't on the market.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Well he is not worth 2 first round picks, F-them.

Last Thursday or Friday, Pat Kirwan commented on Sirius NFL that Cincy would try to get two firsts for Johnson, and said some teams would pony that up.