PDA

View Full Version : Drew Rosenhaus: Worst thing to happen to Football?

trapezeus
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Have you noticed that of all the "problem players" in the last few years, Drew Rosenhaus is sitting in the middle?

I don't have the full list of names, and perhaps some posts can list who he works with, but the guy sucks.

I can't help but think that Rosenhaus is the one agent who has really exposed the current NFL CBA's flaws. All the owners are realizing that unless your one of the top five markets, keeping up with these salaries will be impossible. are there other agents that suck as badly as this guy?

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 03:00 PM
This guy works very hard for his clients and brings a maximum return with minimal out there. It's hard for me to knock a guy doing well for his clients, I'd call it a job well done if anything.

PECKERWOOD
04-21-2008, 03:05 PM
This guy works very hard for his clients and brings a maximum return with minimal out there. It's hard for me to knock a guy doing well for his clients, I'd call it a job well done if anything.

Skooby is absolutely right. At the end of the day, Rosenhaus is working for the client. All the episodes you've seen with TO and 85 is because that's what TO and 85 wanted to do. Rosenhaus is the puppet, not the puppet master.

justasportsfan
04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
fans hate him but if I were an athlete I'd want him.

Night Train
04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
He worked well with the Parrish contract. He then was more than fair with redoing the Stroud deal after the trade. Stroud wanted some $$ up front in a bonus and the Bills had no problem with that.

He works well with the Bills.

historypete
04-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Problem with Rosenhaus is that once he got McGahee that deal from us during the draft the guy was like God. Now, everyone thinks that since he is their agent he can perform the same miracles. I think that is why he has some of the greatest players in the game, but also the loudest. Ever since T.O. put on his display two years ago or so, I think Rosenhaus's stock has fallen, in the sense that GM's won't be bullied by him anymore.

Peter King in MMQB had an interesting story about Rosenhaus and Marvin Lewis two weeks ago. Apparently Rosenhaus was dictating to Lewis and, from what King said, Lewis just stood with arms folded and let Rosenhaus talk himself out. It seems like the antics some of his clients take are killing any type of negotiating power he has. Now, as for the players they still think if they complain or threaten to hold out they'll get what they want. The truth is, most of the time they will.

I guess Rosenhaus does do an excellent job for his clients, but his own antics in the past seem to have caught up with him. If anyone hasn't read his book, I would take a look at it. Pretty interesting read, but you can really tell the guy is one cocky $&%@

trapezeus
04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
i understand that he's doing his players a service, but historypetes mention of Peter Kings article is my bigger point.

Drew Rosenhaus is pulling all these gimmicky tricks with big names over the years, but at some point, the GM's and the Owners can say, "look you've done nothing but cause disruptions on our team with these elite players that we need and are paying top dollar for." And perhaps as the TO and chad johnson type stories don't turn out so well for the team paying the random, GM's look a little closer at his rumblings.

OpIv37
04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
fans hate him but if I were an athlete I'd want him.

If you were a superstar athlete you'd want him. But if you were an average-on-down NFL player you'd hate his guts. Every huge single-player contract he negotiates is less money for other players in the organization. All these cap casualties are directly related to the huge money he gets for the chosen few, leaving everyone else to feed on their table scraps. It's pathetic.

coastal
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I think the dude is funny and knows how to have a great time with his life.

venis2k1
04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
He worked well with the Parrish contract. He works well with the Bills.

Thats cause we over paid through the nose for parrish. 4.2 million dollar cap hit last year for a 4th WR. Sweet.

YardRat
04-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Rosenhaus has been a dick from day 1...he likes his name in the paper and on the tube more than the players he represents.

HAMMER
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
One of the best in the business, no reason to hate him really.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Thats cause we over paid through the nose for parrish. 4.2 million dollar cap hit last year for a 4th WR. Sweet.

Does Roscoe play ST at all?? If so how does he do??