PDA

View Full Version : What is it about the WR position?

OpIv37
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Just off the top of my head-

Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn....

So many flashy, loudmouth troublemakers play WR. Certainly there are malcontents at other positions, but it seems that there's a much higher concentration at WR than at any other position. The loudest and most annoying always end up at WR (with the exception of Deion Sanders).

BTW, it's no coincidence that over half that list played for Dallas at some point in their career.

Confused
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Great question. I cant 'splain it. Why does Dallas attract a-holes? Oakland too.

raphael120
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Well those a-holes win. Maybe we need some a-holes. lol

OpIv37
04-21-2008, 09:17 PM

I could handle Horn and maybe Johnson- the rest of those guys, no friggin way. They win to a point, but they eventually become distractions and destroy the team.

The Jokeman
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Just off the top of my head-

Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn....

So many flashy, loudmouth troublemakers play WR. Certainly there are malcontents at other positions, but it seems that there's a much higher concentration at WR than at any other position. The loudest and most annoying always end up at WR (with the exception of Deion Sanders).

BTW, it's no coincidence that over half that list played for Dallas at some point in their career.
It's called confidence in your ability that you can make the catch when counted on and not being afraid to get jacked up if a QB leaves you hanging for a big hit.

YardRat
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
The nature of the position is 'flash'. Big plays = big personalities = big egos = big mouths.

evol4276
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
theyre the "big play" guys, so i guess that in itself warrants big play attitudes

OpIv37
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
It's called confidence in your ability that you can make the catch when counted on and not being afraid to get jacked up if a QB leaves you hanging for a big hit.

Lee Evans does that. Eric Moulds, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Colston- back in the day, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice- guys like that got the job done without the antics.

You can be confident without being a total jackass.

DrGraves
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm so sick of all of you who say guys like chad johnson would be too much of a distraction. are you fricking kidding me, you really wouldnt want a guy like him on your team? he's one of the best talents in the nfl. how many best talents in the nfl do we have on our team? ever notice that the teams with the best players are the best teams? hmm...

one. brian moorman, the friggin punter.