PDA

View Full Version : How Will That Be Defined for the 2008 Buffalo Bills Draft?

YardRat
04-22-2008, 05:53 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18893-Success-How-Will-That-Be-Defined-for-the-2008-Buffalo-Bills-Draft--210408

The Bills certainly draft well.

But part of the success of the past two drafts has been the needs at all of the positions those guys filled. This team has not made the playoffs in nine years, and was in need of a major overhaul—which has pretty much been accomplished. This team does not look anything like the team Marv Levy took over—along with new head coach Dick Jauron—in 2006.

So what would deem this upcoming draft a success? Better yet, what would qualify the upcoming season as a "success"?

I believe that in the eyes of Bills fans, the draft is quite secondary to the accomplishment of returning to the playoffs. Anything short of this is neither a success, nor perhaps even acceptable.

Don't Panic
04-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Agreed. Barring the type of injury-filled season we endured last year, the Bills should consider the playoffs a prerequisite to considering this season a success.

mybills
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Sometimes I wish there were do-overs. Can you see us in the PO's last year had we not lost so many starters to injury? :ill:

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Sometimes I wish there were do-overs. Can you see us in the PO's last year had we not lost so many starters to injury? :ill:

No way we were making the playoffs. We lost to a bad team in week 1 with a healthy roster.

What games were we winning with a healthy roster? Maybe the Eagles?

8-8 wasn't getting us into the playoffs.