PDA

View Full Version : Choosing WR shouldn’t be Hard(y) for Bills

YardRat
04-22-2008, 05:55 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/10948

Of the endless amount of NFL mock drafts scattered across the Internet (http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/10948#), some prognosticators believe former University of Indiana wide receiver James Hardy will be taken in the first round, while other fearless forecasters view the 22-year-old as a second-round prospect.

Regardless of where Hardy ultimately ends up being selected in this weekend's draft, one thing is certain: Given the size (6-foot-5, 217 pounds) and attributes he possesses (4.51 speed in the 40-yard dash, for one), Hardy would be a perfect fit for the receiver-starved Buffalo Bills (http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/10948#).

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2008, 07:39 AM
I heard he is the biggest bastard in the draft.

hydro
04-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Well at the WR position probably.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I meant bastard as in thug and attitude.

hydro
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I meant bastard as in thug and attitude.
Ah, yes. I have heard that too.

He is tall too at 6-7.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
6'5 3/8 actually :db:

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2008, 08:12 AM
DB what is the consensus on this guy?

hydro
04-22-2008, 08:13 AM
6'5 3/8 actually :db:

That's what I get for quick searching and using a ESPN link :cynic:

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah he's a *****. No thanks.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 08:16 AM
DB what is the consensus on this guy?

Great ceiling on him, great size, good speed, good hands, goes up for the ball. Needs to work on his route running, and his consistency, could also use to add 5-10 pounds of muscle to beat the jam. His character is a big concern, he was arrested for allegedly hitting his gf and infant child but I think all the charges were dropped and there were some reports of laziness too. Im not too high on him because of the depth and his negatives but he could be a good pick.

kernowboy
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I have done some research on him.

There was issues regarding hitting his partner but as has been said the case was dropped.

Since then he's apparently been a model citizen and matured considerably. What he has achieved is significant redzone production.

Saratoga Slim
04-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Great ceiling on him, great size, good speed, good hands, goes up for the ball. Needs to work on his route running, and his consistency, could also use to add 5-10 pounds of muscle to beat the jam. His character is a big concern, he was arrested for allegedly hitting his gf and infant child but I think all the charges were dropped and there were some reports of laziness too. Im not too high on him because of the depth and his negatives but he could be a good pick.

attitude and consistency of effort are the big negatives I've heard. I watched some clips of him on ESPN.com, and while he had some great highlight material, there were also a half dozen plays where he made NO effort to get a catchable pass.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
attitude and consistency of effort are the big negatives I've heard. I watched some clips of him on ESPN.com, and while he had some great highlight material, there were also a half dozen plays where he made NO effort to get a catchable pass.

His consistency is pretty bad, he loses focus and let's not even talk about his blocking.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I have done some research on him.

There was issues regarding hitting his partner but as has been said the case was dropped.

Since then he's apparently been a model citizen and matured considerably. What he has achieved is significant redzone production.

And his infant child, lets not gloss over this fact.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Besides all of the other negatives, he doesn't seem to be the kind of polished, complete receiver that will contribute a lot right away. He's more of a project than Thomas, Sweed or Kelly.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Man, this guy sounds ALOT like Plaxico.

Tatonka
04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
i was down on this guy from the beginning because of the hitting the girl/child... but after reading some stuff and listening to his interviews, he has addressed it directly and stated that the story was not as it appeared (which is why the charges were dropped) but was upfront that he made some poor choices and has corrected those things in his life.

if we draft him, then clearly the bills have done their homework on the situation and i am ok with it. lynch was accused of some stuff in his past as well and clearly that is not something that effected us drafting him and he seems like a good guy.

the physical attributes that hardy possesses seem to be a perfect fit for us though.