PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams talk is brewing...

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
I know this has been discussed heavily and so has Chad Johnson but if Roy is rumoured to be headed to the NFC east then I dont see why the Bills arent in that conversation with Detroit. If we are set to pick a WR with the #11 pick you might as well give that pick (which is higher than any pick in the NFC east) to Detroit who can then select a pass rusher and an OT which they need.

Theres also no reason why the Bills cant keep both Lee and Roy and pay them. Harrisson and Wayne worked out and so did Housh and CJ and many other tandems. We can afford it anyways and it would be a wise investment.

How many of you would trade the #11 pick for Roy?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Because we don't want 2 #1s. We want to keep Evans and draft a guy on the other side. This isn't fantasy football.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
He's the one I would be more than willing to cough up our #1 pick for. He's not a jackass, especially compared to Chad Johnson. Oh plus he has a TON of talent. :drool:

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Because we don't want 2 #1s. We want to keep Evans and draft a guy on the other side. This isn't fantasy football.
Who says you cant have 2 #1s? Do you have evidence that it doesnt work?

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
I love any idea where we give up our 1st round pick for a proven WR like Williams.

Hope our first rounder is good and develops fast or get a guy that is already proven in the NFL? That's a no brainer.

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
look at anquan and fitzgerald...they're both #1's in my eyes

HHURRICANE

Uhh, when did Evans sign his long term deal?

This isn't far fetched by any means.

ddaryl
If the Bills are indeed going to trade for a WR then hell yes Roy Williams should be an option.

however Both Roy and Evans will need new deals before the year is up.

I do hope the Bills can bring in a young experienced WR and then shore up the WR corps with a later round pick

ddaryl
04-22-2008, 08:33 AM

They are 2 very different types of WR's Roy is the big guy going across the middle, and Evans is the field stretcher.

Who would opposing D's double team, and think about how that will make Reed and Parrish look .

We have the coin, and we have the need...

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:34 AM
If the Bills are indeed going to trade for a WR then hell yes Roy Williams should be an option.

however Both Roy and Evans will need new deals before the year is up.

I do hope the Bills can bring in a young experienced WR and then shore up the WR corps with a later round pick

Williams deal would be done before a trade could happen. The Bills aren't that dumb.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
They are 2 very different types of WR's Roy is the big guy going across the middle, and Evans is the field stretcher.

Who would opposing D's double team, and think about how that will make Reed and Parrish look .

I got chills reading your post. That's why I know it can't happen. The Bills aren't that creative.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Parrish could jump on Williams back to catch balls.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTbx8E6g1IhnQBjbyjzbkF/SIG=1262e4j5v/EXP=1208957828/**http%3A//www.guyinasuit.com/images/masterblaster.jpg

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 08:39 AM
The way I see this deal shaking out is this....

If the Bills are sitting at #11 and one of Harvey or Albert or Clady are on the board, Detroit can trade us Roy for the #11 pick and they get the player they want and need.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 08:39 AM

Wow! That would make perfect sense and it would work great. Plus we would give them both long term deals this year, so they would be locked up for several years. And they are also both going to be 27 this year. :drool:

:dream:

Michael82
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
The way I see this deal shaking out is this....

If the Bills are sitting at #11 and one of Harvey or Albert or Clady are on the board, Detroit can trade us Roy for the #11 pick and they get the player they want and need.
Supposedly the Lions are interested in moving up to select Matt Ryan. With our 11th overall pick, it gives them ammunition to trade into the top 5 and select Ryan if he's still there.

Gunzlingr
04-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I would take Williams before Johnson.

ddaryl
04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I got chills reading your post. That's why I know it can't happen. The Bills aren't that creative.

Don't go negative on me HH....

It can happen, and this talk of Williams going to NFC East IMO is nothing more then Detroit scraing up increased interest IMO.

Like it has been said we have a higher pick then anyone else in the NFC East.. and we could even trade back a few spots and still have an edge on the NFC East while gaining that extra 2nd rd pick.

the only question is can we effectively get Evans and a Williams caliber WR into cash to cap.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow! That would make perfect sense and it would work great. Plus we would give them both long term deals this year, so they would be locked up for several years. And they are also both going to be 27 this year. :drool:

:dream:

Could the Bills management actually pull this off?

Is it not sad that we need a guy like this, have the moeny to pay him and Evans, and have a pick worthy of the trade?

Now I know we are taking CB at #11.

clumping platelets
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't give up #11 for Roy Williams without a contract extension a part of it.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Don't go negative on me HH....

It can happen, and this talk of Williams going to NFC East IMO is nothing more then Detroit scraing up increased interest IMO.

Like it has been said we have a higher pick then anyone else in the NFC East.. and we could even trade back a few spots and still have an edge on the NFC East while gaining that extra 2nd rd pick.

the only question is can we effectively get Evans and a Williams caliber WR into cash to cap.

Must.....try...to....stay....postive.

It makes so much sense that I might cry.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't give up #11 for Roy Williams without a contract extension a part of it.
obviously. For the trade to happen, there would have to be an agreement for a new contract first. Let's get started! :up:

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 09:03 AM
obviously. For the trade to happen, there would have to be an agreement for a new contract first. Let's get started! :up:

I can't have my heart ripped out of my chest.

Seriously, how good would this offense be with Wiliams and Evans? Than we take Bennett in the second as our TE!!

Lynch and Jackson pounding the ball, TEs catching passes, Williams creating havoc over the middle, Evans going deep, Parrish breaking slants into long gainers, and Reed, and Reed, and Reed, ummm, and Reed, ummm, well you can't ask for everything.

bigbub2352
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I would give up my first round pick for Roy williams in a second, but we would have to be doing a sign and trade type scenario, also we better be signing Evans to a long term the next day otherwise he will walk in 09

alohabillsfan
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Seems like this is not so far fetched, one must remember that players like playing for Coach Jauron and Roy knows him from his Detroit days...

Add
2nd TE Bennett Texas A&M
3rd CB Bowman, Nebraska
4th C Legrusky, Marshall
4th DE Trevor Scott, Buffalo
5th OLB Guyton, Georgia Tech
6th G Tevaga, Cal
7th S Fields Syracuse
7th FB Reese, Washington
7th QB Spotts, Kutztown

Michael82
04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I would give up my first round pick for Roy williams in a second, but we would have to be doing a sign and trade type scenario, also we better be signing Evans to a long term the next day otherwise he will walk in 09
If Roy Williams is REALLY AVAILABLE, I could definitely see the Bills being interested. Also, Lee Evans may not be happy to be the #2, but he would get so much single coverage if Roy came here. :drool: I bet he would have no problem signing a contract.

JJamezz
04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
This has been my dream scenario since the offseason began - I just cannot come up with a reason why this wouldn't be a perfect situation.

BigGabes23
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
The rumor in Texas is that the Cowboys will give their first (28th) and a 4th rounder for him.

We could in theory trade down to 19 (for Lito Sheppard) and trade that pick to the cowboys for Williams. That would leave us with a second rounder TE and a second tier CB.

How sweet would that be? They would have the cash to sign them both, as they are both 26.

It will never happen, but honestly if the bills wanted it, I think it could.

BigGabes23
04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
If Roy Williams is REALLY AVAILABLE, I could definitely see the Bills being interested. Also, Lee Evans may not be happy to be the #2, but he would get so much single coverage if Roy came here. :drool: I bet he would have no problem signing a contract.

He is, they cannot afford to pay him after the contract they gave Calvin Johnson.

ddaryl
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
The rumor in Texas is that the Cowboys will give their first (28th) and a 4th rounder for him.

We could in theory trade down to 19 (for Lito Sheppard) and trade that pick to the cowboys for Williams. That would leave us with a second rounder TE and a second tier CB.

How sweet would that be? They would have the cash to sign them both, as they are both 26.

It will never happen, but honestly if the bills wanted it, I think it could.

Lito wants a new deal, Evans needs a new deal, and Roy also needs a new deal.

that is 3 very large contract to negotiate... and cash ot cap would have to be sacraficed... but we would be stacked.

yordad
04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Because we don't want 2 #1s. We want to keep Evans and draft a guy on the other side. This isn't fantasy football.I gotta tell you, I think this makes little sense without furthur clarification. I do not see the reasoning of "lets not get him for the same price of a #2, he is too good".

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I would give up my first round pick for Roy williams in a second, but we would have to be doing a sign and trade type scenario, also we better be signing Evans to a long term the next day otherwise he will walk in 09We franchise his ass!

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
We franchise his ass!
Actually franchising Lee for one year until we can groom a young prospect isnt a bad idea if they dont want to sign both WRs... either way we need to give out a big contract to a WR for this offense to stabilize itself for the next 5 years. OL is set, Qb I think, WR needs long term options.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Williams and Evans would be the ****.

TacklingDummy
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM

The hard part about that is they better extend Evans at the same time or he will be pissed.

Michael82
04-22-2008, 11:33 AM
The hard part about that is they better extend Evans at the same time or he will be pissed.
not really, because they are trying to sign him now, but he doesn't want to yet.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 11:33 AM

At the same time, we have been trying to extend Evans but he wouldn't budge. Hopefully, Lee likes what we do in this draft and he decides to stick around.

TacklingDummy
04-22-2008, 11:38 AM
At the same time, we have been trying to extend Evans but he wouldn't budge. Hopefully, Lee likes what we do in this draft and he decides to stick around.

I don't think Lee wants to finish his career in Buffalo.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think Lee wants to finish his career in Buffalo.

You might be right, but if we add a big WR opposite to him, he may get psyched and resign.

ddaryl
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I hope to gawd OBD is seriously pursuing this.

unfortunately I get the impression that the Skins would offer way to much to land him, and Dallas has 2 1st rd picks to work with.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Any updates??

yordad
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Williams and Evans would be the ****.Well said. :jam:

Confused
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
We need to stop blowing that assmist that we dont need 2 no.1 wrs. Thats just ******ed. Arizona, NYG, Houston, Indy and Carolina all have 2 wr that would start not only here, but on many other teams. Lets unzip our pants and cut out a nut, cuz you only need one to make babies.

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
but he doesn't want to yet.
link?

Night Train
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM
look at anquan and fitzgerald...they're both #1's in my eyes

Let's add up all their playoff games.

Both Evans & Roy Williams need new deals. Each big contract pays for about 3-4 normal starters.

I'll give Evans his $$ first. Roy does a 30 second " look at me " dance after every 4 yard reception. Then he's tired for the next 2 plays. I question his smarts.

Confused
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Let's add up all their playoff games.

Both Evans & Roy Williams need new deals. Each big contract pays for about 3-4 normal starters.

I'll give Evans his $$ first. Roy does a 30 second " look at me " dance after every 4 yard reception. Then he's tired for the next 2 plays. I question his smarts.

he can dance all he wants. Josh Reed should be on a list of alltime busts.

DrGraves
04-22-2008, 07:35 PM
lee evans is NOT a #1 wr... am i saying he is not a good wr? no... but he is a deep route burner kind of guy, we need a big possesion wr at number 1 who can go across the middle

Ingtar33
04-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Bolden just demanded to be traded out of phoenix, he wants fitz money

ublinkwescore
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
I'd say we trade away our first rounder immediately for a proven young veteran WR.

who ever lives near one Bills Drive needs to get out there with some picket signs NOW!!!

kernowboy
04-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Peerless Price.

The Falcons gave up a R1 pick and ended up with a poor WR who had played well elsewhere. They could have had Dallas Clark

Randy Moss

The Raiders gave up a R1 pick for Moss who did nothing in Oakland and gave up the chance to draft Ware or Merriman

Trading for a sure thing, doesn't guarantee a sure thing.

Roy Williams has not been a stunning success considering the WRs playing opposite him would have drawn a decent amount of coverage. Make excuses about QB play, but one of the top WRs in this draft can easily be his equally and be considerably cheaper.

Mahdi
04-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Peerless Price.

The Falcons gave up a R1 pick and ended up with a poor WR who had played well elsewhere. They could have had Dallas Clark

Randy Moss

The Raiders gave up a R1 pick for Moss who did nothing in Oakland and gave up the chance to draft Ware or Merriman

Trading for a sure thing, doesn't guarantee a sure thing.

Roy Williams has not been a stunning success considering the WRs playing opposite him would have drawn a decent amount of coverage. Make excuses about QB play, but one of the top WRs in this draft can easily be his equally and be considerably cheaper.
These are totally different situations....

Price was traded to a run first and second team that never had a productive WR play in their offense. Vick never once had a WR get more than 68 catches with him and the player that got 68 catches was Peerless.

Moss was traded to a team that had little else to nothing else on offense, a terrible QB situation and the worst OL in football.

Us trading for Roy or Anquan would be a a completely different situation. We have a starter returning at QB with a lot of promise, a #1 receiver on the other side, a very good OL, 2 solid RBs and a defense that over-achieved last year with injuries and has added considerable talent.

Its an ideal situation for both the player being traded for and the team receiving the player it needs IMO.

HHURRICANE
04-23-2008, 08:15 AM
The Vikes have the same small market issues that the Bills have and have been rumored to be one of the teams that might be relocated.

I guess they still are trying win by signing Jared Allen.

The Bills need a WR and there is a guy out there that is young and one of the best in the league.

What's the problem?