PDA

View Full Version : Listened to WGR this morning

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 08:45 AM
They had a scouting guy on to talk and he talked about a possible scenario that would interest me. Now obviously I'm not sure this scenario is likely but he talked about it so I'm passing the information so don't come down on me about it.

Swap first rounders with Philly (and possibly throw in a later round pick) for Lito Sheppard and draft a WR at the 19 spot with the Philly pick.

Discuss.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 08:49 AM
They had a scouting guy on to talk and he talked about a possible scenario that would interest me. Now obviously I'm not sure this scenario is likely but he talked about it so I'm passing the information so don't come down on me about it.

Swap first rounders with Philly (and possibly throw in a later round pick) for Lito Sheppard and draft a WR at the 19 spot with the Philly pick.

Discuss.

I like it alot and had brought it up on Pats post. He's still relatively young. How bad was his injury last year? Philly might want revenge for getting stuck with Spikes.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
It seems like the Bills are high on Will James. I dont' think they will do this.

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't specifically know his injury history but if I were asked to make a decision right this second I would definitely do it. The Bills would be getting a starting CB and still get their WR at 19.

don137
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Yea, its been brought up a few times on this board. I think you can never have enough good corners and it is something the Bills brass have thought about. The question is do the Bills brass like the idea and who would the Eagles covet at #11. I doubt they would go DB.

Jaybird
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
fills 2 positions of need with one draft pick....... very nice

Saratoga Slim
04-22-2008, 09:04 AM
We've had a couple threads on this already, but you're forgiven for not monitoring this site on an hourly basis.

I like the idea myself. Get a 27-year old pro-bowler and immediately solidify our secondary, move down a bit in the 1st round to where we'll get better value from the available WRs, and still have the rest of our Day 1 picks to use. Only catch is the new contract he'll be looking for--though frankly we'll save a lot of money by drafting at 19 instead of 11, which offsets the money Lito will want to some extent.

FlyingDutchman
04-22-2008, 09:04 AM
has already been discussed. Id love this.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I love trading our 1st for Williams better.

But this seems to fit the Bills "cash to cap" progam better and is more likely.

bigbub2352
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I posted a rumor about this a month ago too, there has to be some substance to this cause it keeps popping up, i am sure that philly, and Buf have at least spoken cause i have been hearing this more and more,

My ideal draft scenario as i stated in my mock would be to trade down to 19, and get Dthomas, or Sweed if Thomas is gone, if we are able to do this and say throw in our extra 4th

Damn we would be making strides for sure, but i agree with Thurm, we signed Will James for a reason,
Should be interesting to say the least

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
This does not address our inability to pressure opposing QB's.

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
This does not address our ability to pressure opposing QB's.

I think that has already been addressed.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2008, 09:10 AM
This does not address our ability to pressure opposing QB's.

Skooby, I think the Bills address CB long term and get the player they need (WR) at a spot that is more commensurate with the talent level.

Different argument than taking WR vs. DE at #11.

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
This does not address our inability to pressure opposing QB's.yeah lets bring in Chad Johnson then. :rolleyes:

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I had a dream last night that the Bills traded Losman and Neufeld and got the 15th overall pick....

must be fate, because that seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

Saratoga Slim
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM

DE is not the only position on the field Skoob. Good coverage can also give the DL more time to get pressure. It works both ways. However, I do agree that we could use some help in the pass rush. If we get Lito and still have #19, we could grab a DE there, and still trade back into the 1st round to get a WR. Trading out of 11 might cause us to lose out on Harvey, but if we get a young Pro Bowl Corner, the next best DE (Merling?) AND a WR in the 1st round, that's a great day in my book.

The only issue I'd have is that Shepphard has missed 16 of the last 32 games with knee and ankle problems. That'd require some real working over by the medical staff.

TigerJ
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Saratoga's right. That scout guy on WGR probably heard it here first. The trade idea with Philly is certainly a live option. Buffalo might ask for Shepard or Philly's second round pick. Either one would be great as far as I'm concerned. With Shepard the issues will be his salary level against what the Bills expect his role could be, and the number of years left on his contract.

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Good coverage can also give the DL more time to get pressure. It works both ways. .yup and our HIGH MOTOR DE's are awsome at coverage sacks :ill:

A Strong middle that can collapse the pocket is also another way of getting to the qb. We've addressed that.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
yeah lets bring in Chad Johnson then. :rolleyes:

He might come for a 2nd round pick, or a mix of 2nd / 4th as well. I think the guy could really improve our team and regardless of some playful antics, he is not a criminal.

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
We might come for a 2nd round pick, or a mix of 2nd / 4th as well..keep dreaming. A 1400 yard wr for a 2nd?

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Lito Sheppard wants a big contract. It's a similar situation as Darwin Walker last year. That didn't go so well.

If we could get the contract part out of the way, this would be a great trade for us. Take Sweed at #19, and still have our 2nd round for a Fred Davis if he's there.

Top 3 needs all filled in two rounds. That would be unreal.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
keep dreaming. A 1400 yard wr for a 2nd?

Right now he is a cincy concern and we draft higher than 2/3rd's of the league.

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Right now he is a concern and we draft higher than 2/3rd's of the league.
Its true. If we just tried to trade for him straight up, say last year, a 2nd would never work. However, he wants out, and that is a definitely huge bargaining chip in the pocket of teams contacting the Bengals. The Bengals know they need to trade him for something of value or he may just sit out. Whether they attempt to keep him and make HIM sweat it out will remain to be seen.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Its true. If we just tried to trade for him straight up, say last year, a 2nd would never work. However, he wants out, and that is a definitely huge bargaining chip in the pocket of teams contacting the Bengals. The Bengals know they need to trade him for something of value or he may just sit out. Whether they attempt to keep him and make HIM sweat it out will remain to be seen.

They get value this week, before the draft. Next week means 0 and creates distractions.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I think with Stroud, S. Johnson and an improving McCargo plugging up the middle, our DEs will get more pressure on opposing QBs. Mitchell can also bring it from the outside, and Poz may even spend a little time in the opposing backfield.

We have made significant improvements to our D in the offseason. We should use the early rounds of this draft to give Edwards more receiving weapons, then perhaps grab a pass rushing DE with one of our 4th round picks.

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I just read on ESPN that Washington offered their 1st round pick this year and a conditional 3rd next year (which would turn into a 1st if CJ met certain expectations) and the Bengals turned it down.

This should calm down the CJ to Buffalo crazy talk.

DraftBoy
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I was all over this a week or two ago when I first saw it but now that Ive read a little more Im not so sure. Sheppard is a soft corner who does not like contact and he's not physical. Maybe to move down 8 spots Id take him but I dont know that I was to throw in an extra pick.

ddaryl
04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
then trade #19 to Detroit (possibly with a late round poick ) for Roy Williams.

Now the Bills just have to satisfy 3 hugely insane contracts of Lito, Roy and Lee.

Mahdi
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Discuss.
The problem is that Lito Shepphard is going to be looking for a new contract... after Nate cashed in last year and with Samuel getting 9 mil, Shep is going to want at least a 7 mil a year contract. The Bills arent going to trade for a CB that has those contract demands. Plus we dont need a man corner like Shep for our system.

streetkings01
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
No way we do that deal.......the guys wants Asanti Samuel money and we cant afford him, Lee, Crowell, and a new contract for Peters!

Saratoga Slim
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
yup and our HIGH MOTOR DE's are awsome at coverage sacks :ill:

A Strong middle that can collapse the pocket is also another way of getting to the qb. We've addressed that.

that's pretty much my point: drafting a DE at #11 is not the only way to help our pass rush.

Bill Brasky
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
does anybody think this will actually happen?

Mr. Pink
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
That would be an outstanding deal for us.

Too bad I highly doubt it happens.