• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Cincinnati turns down Redskins

Cincinnati is serious enough about not trading Chad Johnson that it swatted away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first-round draft picks, team and league sources said.

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Johnson

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first-round draft picks, team and league sources said.
    The Redskins offered its first-round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.
    It was not the first time the Redskins approached the Bengals about a deal, but it was the first significant proposal.
    Bengals coach Marvin Lewis -- who disputed the report of trade offers for Johnson -- says the disgruntled receiver should keep his word and sit out the season.
    "I've stated our case with Chad," Lewis said. "He has a contract through 2011. He's stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn't going to play. I think he's a man of his word and says he's not going to play, so don't play."
    The Bengals have not only rejected the Redskins, but two other NFC East suitors -- the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles -- have been informed that there has been no change in the team's position that Johnson will not be traded.

I think Cincy is being stoopid here. And they are going to create a circus around the team which will end up hurting the team.

• Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cincinnati turns down Redskins

I give them props for standing up to players forcing trades. If he wants to sit, let him sit. Its about time teams make a stand!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
      • Mar 2004

funny

Comment

• evol4276
        • Oct 2005

nothing like sitting on wasted money if he sits out.. however it's quite fun seeing someone say *** to the redskins FO

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I think it's great that an Owner & Coach stand up to these players and remind them who's in charge.

The only downer would be if the NFL Network put him on the air with Deion. Then I'd start envying Helen Keller.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

A great person once said "Would you rather be right or would you rather be rich?" In this instance, would you rather win, or make a point?

Bengals are proving why they are the Bengals; they'd rather make a point then win. Can't see any great team turning down that kind of offer for a player. Moss nor T.O. came close to that good of an offer. Cincy has cut off their nose to spite their face. Congrats on making a point and sending a message, the message to the league that no one will play for you and you will be forever losers. Take charge, coach!

Comment

• Illmatic15
              • Mar 2007

LOL @ Chad Johnson, they are bascially screwing him by not trading him..

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
              GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

Working...
              X