PDA

View Full Version : This year's Trent Edwards

The Answer
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10793472

"Ostrander might be this year's Trent Edwards, and not because the two played the same position at the same school. No, it's because they share similar stories.

Like Edwards, Ostrander was a highly rated high-school recruit. Like Edwards, he was supposed to excel at the next level. And, like Edwards, he was treated like a piņata in college -- struggling through injuries, sacks and losing performances.

"It was definitely frustrating," Ostrander said, "especially the losing. That was something I was not used to."

Now he awaits the next step in his development as a quarterback, and welcome to the NFL Draft. Ostrander won't be chosen the first day, but so what? He should be drafted, largely because someone might find in T. C. Ostrander what Buffalo did in Trent Edwards."

Perhaps if he's still around on day 2 we should bring him in to develop and be Studwards 'Frank Reich' ?

~The Answer

mayotm
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Please stop referring to Edwards as Studwards. It really sounds like you want to bang him.

Mike13
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Matt Ryan is the only QB worth taking in this draft and he's not even that good.

The Answer
04-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Matt Ryan is the only QB worth taking in this draft and he's not even that good.

Not true - Don't sleep on Joe Flacco from Deleware because he has Studwards potential for sure. The Fighting Blue Hens were a juggernaut with him behind center.

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Please stop referring to Edwards as Studwards. It really sounds like you want to bang him.

he does, so he won't stop.

bigbub2352
04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
We defintly need to bring in a backup or prospect, via draft or UDFA, cause if we dont trade JP he is defintly gone as of 09, so getting someone this year to learn offense and get used to being here with the weather and such would only help his development, i would luv to get a QB with one of those 7th rounders

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
if he's there at the later rounds bring him in. Then again is Lynch's cousin a better option?

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
:rofl: Whatever happened to your man-crush on The Holcombator?

The Answer
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
:rofl: Whatever happened to your man-crush on The Holcombator?

I'm not sure that The Holcombator would be interested in resigning in Buffalo after he was screwed over in 2006 when he was clearly the better QB in preseason. Too much bad blood.

But if for some reason we can't find a young prospect via the draft we definitely need to keep our options open for a wily playmaking veteran.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
So Holcomb would rather wait in the unemployment line . :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure that The Holcombator would be interested in resigning in Buffalo after he was screwed over in 2006 when he was clearly the better QB in preseason. Too much bad blood.

But if for some reason we can't find a young prospect via the draft we definitely need to keep our options open for a wily playmaking veteran.

~The Answer
:rofl: You're always good for some comedy!

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Just saw the same exact thing posted on bb.com.

Meathead
04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
so theyre saying hes a fg machine

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
If you mean QB that isn't getting a lot of pub, but will be good, I will go with Brian Brohm.

Tatonka
04-22-2008, 05:10 PM
[and be Studwards 'Frank Reich' ?

~The Answer

wow.. that is SOOOO :limp:

unless.. oh wait.. i didnt realize you were female.

My bad.. that must be "the answer".

raphael120
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
i think picking up another QB in this years draft is a good idea. we have so many late round picks, why not bring someone in. you really think we're ok with having gilbran hamdan as out 3rd stringer?

im4bflo
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
... Will be a second stringer, who get's to play after the starter goes down with an injury, and receives a gay nickname from the asswer.
just a wild guess :snicker2: