PDA

View Full Version : Hardy not a character risk according to BB

X-Era
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
as per BB.com

Hes back on my list. Call it whatever you like, but if the Bills are convinced hes got adequate character, thats enough for me.

Its just that easy.

These guys get paid to do lots of homework, they went back into his past and upbringing and feel environment was the cause of some of his issues.

We dont get to see the homework that they have done, and little to no draft experts get even close to the same amount of information on guys.

Im happy to trust them.

I think Hardy could be had at 41. The only issue is if there is a run on the position late round 1 early 2nd.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2008, 03:55 PM
4 days before the draft, I don't believe any player evaluation by any team.

X-Era
04-22-2008, 04:00 PM
4 days before the draft, I don't believe any player evaluation by any team.

Thanks for the correction. What I SHOULD have said is that if the Bills draft Hardy due in part to being "settled" on his character, thats good enough for me.

justasportsfan
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM
didn't Lynch supposedly beat up his girl too?

Confused
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
James is a hard worker, and is a PROVEN redzone performer. He is the best "Big" WR this year.

Confused
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
and for clarification, Devin Thomas is the biggest "small WR" and the best WR in the class.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
not sold on hardy

Tatonka
04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
if we got hardy at 41 and finley in the 3rd.. best available center in the 4th, and a FB in the 4th.. i would actually be ok with them going CB or DE in the 1st.

Tatonka
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
that being said.. hardy is a rare talent because of his size and speed and normally guys that are different like that.. they dont last.. he has proven at a major program what a player he can be and has some big time numbers. he ran faster than expected at 4.51.. hopefully character knocks him down on some peoples boards.. but i have a feeling he is going in the early 20s to one of the several teams that need a guy just like we do.

Tatonka
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
for those who didnt see this posted on chris browns blog

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:03 PM ET | Link

BILLS SAY WR HARDY NOT A CHARACTER RISK: The Bills have done their due diligence on upwards of 500 players for the past 10 months and that includes Indiana WR James Hardy, who has a domestic incident and two-game team suspension in his college career. Said Hardy at the combine about his transgressions.

"As a young man I never had anyone to actually sit me down and tell me things I've done wrong, so I've learned from my mistakes," said Hardy. "I can honestly tell you as a man right here that I've made mistakes in the past and I've learned from them and they won't happen again in any other area I'm at. That's all I can do and just show them the actual person that I am. That's what coach Hep (Terry Hoeppner) talked about a lot. He told me to just show the world the type of man you are. That's all I can do."

The Bills don't believe Hardy to be a character risk.

“I think he had a rough upbringing," said Bills scout Tom Roth. "I don’t think he’s a bad kid at all. He just had a rough upbringing and that’s the way I see it. You can’t knock him for that. You have to give him some credit just for what he’s been through. I wouldn’t say he’s a character risk.”

For more check out Bills Roundup in the multimedia section.

Confused
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I would drink his bathwater if he came to buffalo.

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2008, 06:21 PM
I would drink his bathwater if he came to buffalo.Ahh man... Where's that groan button... That's just not right!!