PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have drafted 1st 4 times......

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
2 Busts, 1 Defensive Monster and 1 Murderer:

Since the NFL and AFL merged their drafts in 1967.

1969: O.J. Simpson
1972: Walt Patulski
1979: Tom Cousineau
1985: Bruce Smith

casdhf
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Good story.

FinFaninBuffalo
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
2 Busts, 1 Defensive Monster and 1 Murderer:

Since the NFL and AFL merged their drafts in 1967.

1969: O.J. Simpson
1972: Walt Patulski
1979: Tom Cousineau
1985: Bruce Smith

That's a HOF murderer.....

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM

:cold:

Confused
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM

lol!!!!!

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
OJ cut through defenses.

feelthepain
04-22-2008, 06:48 PM
I believe this is the first ever for the Dolphins, unless they got the first pick during their expansion season of 1966.

Mitchell55
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I believe this is the first ever for the Dolphins, unless they got the first pick during their expansion season of 1966.

They have started in the 2nd alot.

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
seriously, OJ is scum but it was still a great pick. He was an excellent player and had an amazing career. It was the right choice at the time.

It's easy to find fault with OJ as a person- he's a piece of ****. It's hard to find fault with OJ as a football player- on the field he got the job done.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 07:55 PM
seriously, OJ is scum but it was still a great pick. He was an excellent player and had an amazing career. It was the right choice at the time.

It's easy to find fault with OJ as a person- he's a piece of ****. It's hard to find fault with OJ as a football player- on the field he got the job done.

Cocaine abusing Murderer, what a representative of the game. He's a embarrassment and a painful reminder of how bad athlete's can act. We sit here and judge cincy's players as criminals (which they are) but they are not killers.

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Cocaine abusing Murderer, what a representative of the game. He's a embarrassment and a painful reminder of how bad athlete's can act. We sit here and judge cincy's players as criminals (which they are) but they not killers.

it's like talking to a wall....

Skooby, I said the guy's a dirtbag. But when the Bills drafted him in 1969, do you honestly think they had any way of knowing that he was going to kill people 25 ****ing years later?

He did well for us on the field and didn't get into any trouble until long after he played for the Bills. It absolutely tears me up inside to think Buffalo's most famous athlete is famous for murder and a farce of a trial, but on the field at the time it was the right choice.

YardRat
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Two HOFers. Not bad.

YardRat
04-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Cleveland Browns...Courtney Brown and Tim Couch, back to back. Ouch.

Cincinnati Bengals...Dan Wilkenson and Ki-Jana Carter, back to back again. Whoops.

Indianapolis Colts...Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt...Picks 1A and 1B in '92. Couldn't even get one right. Jeff George.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
We also had the 1st overall pick in the 1961 AFL draft, Ken Rice was the pick. :up:

Ickybaluky
04-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Cocaine abusing Murderer, what a representative of the game. He's a embarrassment and a painful reminder of how bad athlete's can act. We sit here and judge cincy's players as criminals (which they are) but they are not killers.

Some of us just try to see the good side of people, unlike some negative nancy's that only see the wrong in people.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Some of us just try to see the good side of people, unlike some negative nancy's that only see the wrong in people.

I agree, OJ could cut like any RB I've ever seen. He wasn't just a slasher, but he used alot of force too. Heckuva player.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 09:59 PM

There is nothing right with that man, please find something right he did after ending 2 people's lives.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
O J was innocent

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:17 PM
O J was innocent

Sure, 1 in 4,000,876,986 odds it wasn't his blood, Money and gun in the Al cowling's bronco. If he was man enough, he would of ended it during the chase.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
If the glove dont fit then you must...

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
If the glove dont fit then you must...

Bulll****.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
There is nothing right with that man, please find something right he did after ending 2 people's lives.

I hear he is a hell of a golfer.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM

He sure knows how to tee off.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM

And at least he does not wear ragged hoodies.

That is something I could not deal with.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
And at least he does not wear ragged hoodies.

That is something I could not deal with.

Laugh all you want, but they are $75 in the pro shop (http://proshopcache.patriots.com/index.cfm?fa=browse.detail&pid=3565&return=fa%3Dbrowse.detail%26pid%3D10681). For Bum wear. A freakin' hooded sweatshirt.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Wow.

Do they charge more to get one all beat up and old looking?

But more power to them. They are charging $75 for a shirt you can buy at Wal-Mart for $15.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Laugh all you want, but they are $75 in the pro shop (http://proshopcache.patriots.com/index.cfm?fa=browse.detail&pid=3565&return=fa%3Dbrowse.detail%26pid%3D10681). For Bum wear. A freakin' hooded sweatshirt.

OJ: $75?? Well then, I'll take 3 in Bloodsoaked gray please.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow.

But more power to them. They are charging $75 for a shirt you can buy at Wal-Mart for $15.

There $5 on Transit by main street.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Wow.

There is a reason Bob Kraft is a billionaire.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
There is a reason Bob Kraft is a billionaire.

His Great grandparents cut the cheese.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
His Great grandparents cut the cheese.

Different Krafts. He has nothing to do with cheese.

Bob's father was a Rabbi. He made his money by taking over his father-in-law's paper company and building it into a conglomerate.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Different Krafts. He has nothing to do with cheese.

Bob's father was a Rabbi. He made his money by taking over his father-in-law's paper company and building it into a conglomerate.

He cut the paper. All NFL owners are Billionaire's or near, par for the course.

clumping platelets
04-23-2008, 02:25 AM

That's a HOF murderin' offensive monster :respect:

kernowboy
04-23-2008, 04:05 AM
OJ cut through defenses.

and then his wife

Jan Reimers
04-23-2008, 06:38 AM
O J was innocent
OJ was found by a jury to be "not guilty," because of the "reasonable doubt" standard used in murder trials.

That is far different than "innocent."

Mitchy moo
04-23-2008, 06:45 AM
OJ was found by a jury to be "not guilty," because of the "reasonable doubt" standard used in murder trials.

That is far different than "innocent."

He'll end up in Jail either way, water always seeks it's ground.

feelthepain
04-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Thread of the year candidate!!

justasportsfan
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Thread of the year candidate!!

the thread of the century was the thread created by a fellow finfan of yours laughing at you for this.

Dear Daunte: :redlove:

This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP. :limp:

Mitchy moo
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
the thread of the century was the thread created by a fellow finfan of yours laughing at you for this.

Dear Daunte: :redlove:

This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP. :limp:

:bigheart:

Johnny Bugmenot
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Not according to the state of California, he didn't.

capitolneal
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
look at it this way 3 great picks came of that when we traded Tom Cousineau
to the browns for a few picks the one first rounder we used was for Jim Kelly so if we OJ is a HOF and BRUUUUCCCCE is Bruce